Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

If someone does offer him a contract, and the Ravens don't match it does that mean the other team have to give the Ravens two 1st round picks?

Yes, which is costly plus a huge contract

I think that is exactly what is happening. People are saying how disrespectful this is to Lamar, but I completely disagree. They are telling him they are not willing to give him a fully guaranteed deal. This is his opportunity to find it somewhere else. This is like the opposite of disrespecting him. Let him determine what the market values him.

The Ravens (and other teams) have to consider the fact that he has been getting injured lately.

Lamar has only played in 12 of the last 22 games...and he wants a fully guaranteed contract?

Having a mobile QB that can get out of trouble is a luxury. Having a running QB is an injury waiting to happen.

Saints have moves to make as they have to be under cap by 4pm mar 15

Landry, onyemata, tuttle, davenport all fas probably gone too. Cut winston of course too and more kick the can

Saints have moves to make as they have to be under cap by 4pm mar 15

Landry, onyemata, tuttle, davenport all fas probably gone too. Cut winston of course too and more kick the can

Throw Michael Thomas in there too. Pretty much cutting the fat off the meat.

Must be a miracle in LA?A team like the Chargers that spent big last year and were over the cap a week ago now has close to the same cap availability as the Lions.

Bosa, Mack, Allen, Williams, James, Jackson all signed deals for close to or over $20mil a year. Yet somehow they found a way to make it work and I?m willing to bet Herbert will receive a contract over $45mil average. If cap is such a real thing how does that work??? Good teams do and get what they want. Bad teams like us, use cap as an excuse.

We have one guy that averages over $20mil and yet just have a few million extra in space. Smh

Herbert on a rookie deal and chargers kicked the can like crazy with restructures

Lions will beat their ass this year too

Must be a miracle in LA?A team like the Chargers that spent big last year and were over the cap a week ago now has close to the same cap availability as the Lions.

Bosa, Mack, Allen, Williams, James, Jackson all signed deals for close to or over $20mil a year. Yet somehow they found a way to make it work and I?m willing to bet Herbert will receive a contract over $45mil average. If cap is such a real thing how does that work??? Good teams do and get what they want. Bad teams like us, use cap as an excuse.

We have one guy that averages over $20mil and yet just have a few million extra in space. Smh

The Lions have $21M in cap space before they re-structure any contracts (if necessary) which is 13th. Chargers are 15th after re-structures. Re-structures just push the money to the future, but you have to pay at some point.

2024, as of now the Lions have $104M, Chargers are over by $52M.

Lions are in good shape going forward.

The Lions have $21M in cap space before they re-structure any contracts (if necessary) which is 13th. Chargers are 15th after re-structures. Re-structures just push the money to the future, but you have to pay at some point.

2024, as of now the Lions have $104M, Chargers are over by $52M.

Lions are in good shape going forward.

Keep looking at the future and you?ll never succeed in the present.

We have cheap ownership that is never willing to spend the $$ to win. There?s a reason we haven?t won a playoff game since 1991.

Keep looking at the future and you?ll never succeed in the present.

We have cheap ownership that is never willing to spend the $$ to win. There?s a reason we haven?t won a playoff game since 1991.

I don't think the Lions are cheap. I think the reason they have been so shitty for so long is because they were just stupid. Poor drafting, poor FA signings, etc.

I don't think the Lions are cheap. I think the reason they have been so shitty for so long is because they were just stupid. Poor drafting, poor FA signings, etc.

There?s some truth in what you?re saying. It takes multiple failures from all levels to not have a playoff win since 1991. Starting w ownership and down from there.

Back