Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Did Tuck say he's "comin'"???

Dude, you beat me to it! The post and the immediate interpretation as this being the ?university? starting to distance itself from Tucker the Fucker, and opening the door for separation of service with Mel violating his Contract and getting dick.

The timing is the only odd thing to me. Tucker's "actions" in this matter took place Spring of 2022, and she alleges he cancelled her second scheduled appearance with the team in July. She also allegedly filed her complaint in December 2022 (also odd to wait 6 months to file that, but I suppose regardless of her motivation, he shouldn't be jacking off on calls with her for SO MANY different reasons).

By December, Tucker and MSU were 5-7 and staying home for Bowl season.

If they wanted him gone, why not get on that? There's more than ample time to expedite it, and say you don't want a sexual predator coaching your team. And get rid of him BEFORE the season and name Dantonio interim HC with a chance to actually run summer camp and give the team a chance to perform.

Instead the news drops after they start the season 2-0, and now have to scramble and re-tool the coaching staff the week before they play Washington and two weeks before Big Ten play starts?

Typical Spartans...

According to Mel Tucker there was a consensual relationship. The whole thing is bizarre. The actions, the timeline and the fact that on the heels of Larry Nassar the MSU admin has known about this for 10 months and allowed him in the building, let alone coach 2 games.

Attachments

• Facebook_creation_148232745.jpg
    Facebook_creation_148232745.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 34
According to Mel Tucker there was a consensual relationship. The whole thing is bizarre. The actions, the timeline and the fact that on the heels of Larry Nassar the MSU admin has known about this for 10 months and allowed him in the building, let alone coach 2 games.

I wondered why he admitted it, but claims it was consensual.

I'm guessing there's evidence he couldn't just deny (because making this he said /she said would probably pass muster with most of the spartan fanbase and the incompetents that run the university), and so he's going with the consensual angle to fight the likely for-cause termination clause they'll invoke to fire him.

Insisting he didn't do anything morally wrong and will take the dispute to trial may get him a bigger settlement. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he only cares about money and absolutely nothing else.

I wondered why he admitted it, but claims it was consensual.

I'm guessing there's evidence he couldn't just deny (because making this he said /she said would probably pass muster with most of the spartan fanbase and the incompetents that run the university), and so he's going with the consensual angle to fight the likely for-cause termination clause they'll invoke to fire him.

Insisting he didn't do anything morally wrong and will take the dispute to trial may get him a bigger settlement. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he only cares about money and absolutely nothing else.

I don?t know.

This is not a happy occurrence.

Certainly shouldn?t be happy for Wolverine Nation.

Root for victories on the court and on the field.

That?s it.

I don?t know.

This is not a happy occurrence.

Certainly shouldn?t be happy for Wolverine Nation.

Root for victories on the court and on the field.

That?s it.

So... I can't discuss it?

I'll be happy when Mel Tucker is fired, because he's a bad coach and a bad person and that's bad for the conference as a whole.

Sure, there's a little bit of schadenfreude here on my part, because we've had to listen to them talk so much shit about themselves when we were down, and also talk up Mel Tucker when it was clear he was an idiot and so were they for signing that contract... especially the way they did it. That all apparently annoyed me more than you or Byco. But that's who I am and I'm probably not going to change much.

But State's AD seems to me to be a pretty rotten place, and until they clean house, it's not going to improve in any meaningful way. They'll eventually hire another Mel Tucker sooner than later.

I'll be happy when Mel Tucker is fired, because he's a bad coach and a bad person and that's bad for the conference as a whole.

Sure, there's a little bit of schadenfreude here on my part, because we've had to listen to them talk so much shit about themselves when we were down, and also talk up Mel Tucker when it was clear he was an idiot and so were they for signing that contract... especially the way they did it. That all apparently annoyed me more than you or Byco. But that's who I am and I'm probably not going to change much.

But State's AD seems to me to be a pretty rotten place, and until they clean house, it's not going to improve in any meaningful way. They'll eventually hire another Mel Tucker sooner than later.

Sure, say whatever you want.

Our Spartan brethren on this board seem to want him gone too.

Sure, say whatever you want.

Our Spartan brethren on this board seem to want him gone too.

they should've wanted him gone when he used a lucky win against us (almost entirely delivered by KW) to extract several pounds of flesh from their school. but we remember what they were saying about that...

The more I see about this situation the more clear it is that everyone involved in this has their hands dirty. Mel was an idiot, I do not believe that she did anything to dissuade him. Miss me with the whole "I couldn't hang up the phone" bullshit. I'm not saying that she actively engaged, but she tolerated his actions while it was financially beneficial and as soon as it stopped she filed a complaint. She didn?t turn down or return all the gifts from him, she spoke to him regularly on the phone for 30+ minutes. I have no idea what the truth is but I'd bet everything I own that neither party is being completely honest.

MSU is taking advantage not because they give a shit about what he did (we all know that's not the case because they're bringing back Dantonio) but because it's an opportunity to get out of the worst contact in the history of college sports.

they should've wanted him gone when he used a lucky win against us (almost entirely delivered by KW) to extract several pounds of flesh from their school. but we remember what they were saying about that...

Kenneth Walker and a replay official. Let's not forget the replay official.

Concupiscence is a challenging burden to manage. We fail when we rely on ourselves to try.

I?ve said this before, but it?s easy to say that now with the benefit of hindsight. If MSU would have let Tucker walk after that season for a lucrative contract elsewhere, at that time people would have mocked MSU for being Mickey Mouse and not willing to pony up to retain their coach. I know I would have been pissed had he gone to LSU because MSU cheaped out. Now that I know he?s a total scumbag and probably was a mediocre coach on the field, of course it was a terrible decision and I think we?re going to dodge a bullet and get out of that albatross of a contract.

In a way it?s similar to the Miguel Cabrera contract, of course the Tigers vastly overpaid for his extension and we all knew the last couple years were going to be painful, but had they let Cabrera walk at the time in his prime, fans would have revolted (me being one of them). They took their swing with Cabrera and unfortunately missed/didn?t win a title.

The more I see about this situation the more clear it is that everyone involved in this has their hands dirty. Mel was an idiot, I do not believe that she did anything to dissuade him. Miss me with the whole "I couldn't hang up the phone" bullshit. I'm not saying that she actively engaged, but she tolerated his actions while it was financially beneficial and as soon as it stopped she filed a complaint. She didn?t turn down or return all the gifts from him, she spoke to him regularly on the phone for 30+ minutes. I have no idea what the truth is but I'd bet everything I own that neither party is being completely honest.

MSU is taking advantage not because they give a shit about what he did (we all know that's not the case because they're bringing back Dantonio) but because it's an opportunity to get out of the worst contact in the history of college sports.

I think we need a few more facts explaining what took place between April - December 2022 before we can apportion blame, and that still leaves the question open for the MSU AD about why Tucker was coaching as of Saturday afternoon if they had been sitting on the complaint and investigation for 9 months.

We may never get that info though.

They apparently signed a contract with her before Mel started being a creep, so you can forgive her maybe for listening to him complain about his wife without wanting to burn a bridge or expecting him to turn this into an affair. Then (according to the record we have) at some point he cancelled her remaining appearances... did she rebuff him? I've never tried to run a game like that, but I imagine if you work out a "quid pro quo" deal with your "sidepiece" (to use the parlance of our times) you DON'T cancel the deal if she's doing her part...

I don't have a high opinion of people who start foundations/charities instead of getting a regular job like everybody else, but I'm sure they can't ALL be bad, so personally... I'll reserve judgment on her for now.

Where are you seeing Spartans talking all this shit? You make that claim constantly but then when asked for evidence you always walk away or say something about other boards on other sites. If that's the case, why are you spending so much time on MSU boards and why do you whine about it here? I called out that contract from the beginning and said Tucker had yet to prove himself. Most regular posters said something similar.

I think the truth is you're making it all up to make yourself feel better by putting other people down. You're just a petty, bitter, jealous, sad and pathetic little dough boy. I think what really upsets you is getting called out for all the bull shit and moronic things you post here.

Last edited:

show us the receipts - literally everyone on this board with the possible exception of J2x who nobody listens to was complaining about it or saying the University had no choice. If you remember what we were saying, quote it...

I?ve said this before, but it?s easy to say that now with the benefit of hindsight. If MSU would have let Tucker walk after that season for a lucrative contract elsewhere, at that time people would have mocked MSU for being Mickey Mouse and not willing to pony up to retain their coach. I know I would have been pissed had he gone to LSU because MSU cheaped out. Now that I know he?s a total scumbag and probably was a mediocre coach on the field, of course it was a terrible decision and I think we?re going to dodge a bullet and get out of that albatross of a contract.

In a way it?s similar to the Miguel Cabrera contract, of course the Tigers vastly overpaid for his extension and we all knew the last couple years were going to be painful, but had they let Cabrera walk at the time in his prime, fans would have revolted (me being one of them). They took their swing with Cabrera and unfortunately missed/didn?t win a title.

We had these sort of debates when RichRod was the coach, and some argued that the right decision in December 2007 SHOULD have been to concede our AD fucked up the search, name one of the coordinators interim, and then play the 2008 season with an interim while conducting a proper search. We would not have won the Big Ten probably, but we also wouldn't have gone 3-9...

the peanut gallery screamed about the "recruiting hit" that we'd take if we named an interim (but of course they had no problem with all the talent RR ran off or the effect that going 3-9 had on recruiting).

But if you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them...

MSU's AD should've faced Tucker and/or his people down when the LSU rumors started. and he could've even made a pitch to the fans when they started clamoring for him to throw money and an unproven commodity. And lined up support against idiots like Ishbia... I'm sure guys like him hold more clout than the typical fans, but they're still just fans here.

I doubt very much that LSU was going to hire Tucker in the middle of the season like that. But maybe.

And consider this: Subsequent events have shown MSU would have been better off at that point. Maybe even immediately. Tucker finished the season with a bad loss and a humiliating one. then went 5-7. Then drove off MSU's best QB and WR for this season. It's impossible to know, of course, but I have a hard time imagining anyone else doing a worse job than Tucker has.

It's a thankless job maybe, because in hindsight MSU fans wouldn't know all this, but that's called being a man and making the right decisions, not the popular ones.

EDIT: Maybe singling out your AD here is unfair because who can withstand a bunch of rich fucks (albeit obviously dumb ones) throwing money around and strongarming you into a bad deal, while nobody has your back? I don't know though... your AD is still the boss and presumably has the final authority and a team of lawyers on call. I think he thought this was more of a minefield than it was, and decided not to even try to navigate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you seeing Spartans talking all this shit? You make that claim constantly but then when asked for evidence you always walk away or say something about other boards on other sites. If that's the case, why are you spending so much time on MSU boards and why do you whine about it here? I think the truth is you're making it all up to make yourself feel better by putting other people down. You're just a bitter, jealous, sad and pathetic little dough boy. I called out that contract from the beginning and said Tucker had yet to prove himself. Most regular posters said something similar.

i've told you this isn't the only place I get college football news from. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Twitter exists, 247, Freep, Mlive, etc. ... I read these sites regularly

We had these sort of debates when RichRod was the coach, and some argued that the right decision in December 2007 SHOULD have been to concede our AD fucked up the search, name one of the coordinators interim, and then play the 2008 season with an interim while conducting a proper search. We would not have won the Big Ten probably, but we also wouldn't have gone 3-9...

the peanut gallery screamed about the "recruiting hit" that we'd take if we named an interim (but of course they had no problem with all the talent RR ran off or the effect that going 3-9 had on recruiting).

But if you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them...

MSU's AD should've faced Tucker and/or his people down when the LSU rumors started and when fans started clamoring for him to throw money and an unproven commodity. And lined up support against idiots like Ishbia... I'm sure guys like him hold more clout than the typical fans, but they're still just fans here.

I doubt very much that LSU was going to hire Tucker in the middle of the season like that. But maybe.

And consider this: Subsequent events have shown MSU would have been better off at that point. Maybe even immediately. Tucker finished the season with a bad loss and a humilliating one. then went 5-7. Then drove off MSU's best QB and WR for this season.

It's a thankless job maybe, because in hindsight MSU fans wouldn't know all this, but that's called being a man and making the right decisions, not the popular ones.

EDIT: Maybe singling out your AD here is unfair because who can withstand a bunch of rich fucks (albeit obviously dumb ones) throwing money around and strongarming you into a bad deal, while nobody has your back? I don't know though... your AD is still the boss and presumably has the final authority and a team of lawyers on call. I think he thought this was more of a minefield than it was, and decided not to even try to navigate it.

LSU didn't have to hire him mid-season. If you think every school should let him leave is such an obvious choice after a bad loss and a humiliating one (especially when they finished that season 11 & 2 with a bowl win after going 2 & 5 taking over a dumpster fire), how do you justify defending Harbaugh the first 5 seasons?

Also, he didn't chase off his best QB and receiver - Kim is at least as good, probably better than Thorne and they did everything they could to keep Coleman.

I could go on, there are so many monumentally dumb claims about what should have happened as if it was so obvious at the time - you're probably the worst Monday morning quarterback of all time.

edit: didn't Harbaugh suffer a bad loss and a humiliating one in 2021? Oh yeah, he did - lost in E Lansing with his defense looking like a monkey brigade then got clown stomped by Georgia. he should have been fired! But he got an extension right? I guess your AD is incompetent.

Last edited:
LSU didn't have to hire him mid-season and he finished that season 11 & 2 with a bowl win. If you think every school should fire a coach after a bad loss and a humiiating one, why did you defend harbaugh for so long?

Also, he didn't chase off his best QB and receiver - Kim is at least as good, probably better than Thorne and they did everything they could to keep Coleman.

I could go on, there are so many monumentally dumb claims about what should have happened as if it was so obvious at the time - you're probably the worst Monday morning quarterback of all time.

Why are you getting the idea I think they should've fired Tucker? where the hell did I say that?

I'm saying they should've told Tucker (or his agent or whoever) that he could go pound sand if he wanted a guaranteed $9MM/year 10 year contract at that point. It was obviously a bad deal as most of you admit. This point isn't hindsight.

They weren't 11-2 after playing a world beater schedule either... 11-2 with a porous pass defense, a chokejob at Purdue and a humiliating loss at OSU.

Did they forget about Charlie Weis? i think ND is STILL paying him money.

And don't call other people dumb when you have such lousy reading comprehension skills.

Work on yourself, buddy.

Why are you getting the idea I think they should've fired Tucker? where the hell did I say that?

I'm saying they should've told Tucker (or his agent or whoever) that he could go pound sand if he wanted a guaranteed $9MM/year 10 year contract at that point. It was obviously a bad deal as most of you admit. This point isn't hindsight.

They weren't 11-2 after playing a world beater schedule either... 11-2 with a porous pass defense, a chokejob at Purdue and a humiliating loss at OSU.

Did they forget about Charlie Weis? i think ND is STILL paying him money.

And don't call other people dumb when you have such lousy reading comprehension skills.

Work on yourself, buddy.

I updated that to "let him leave" which is what I meant. Really, it's not hindsight? If he went 10-2 or better in '22 you'd still be saying the same thing?

It clearly is hindsight - I was against the extension but it wasn't as obvious as you claim it to be, in hindsight.

Harbaugh went 12-2 that year without playing a world beater schedule. He also had one bad and one humiliating loss (lost in E Lansing with his defense looking like a clown brigade then got clown stomped by Georgia) with one anomalous quality win.

He got an extension that year, right?. But that was obviously the right thing to do at the time, has nothing to do with hindsight, right?

Last edited:
I think we need a few more facts explaining what took place between April - December 2022 before we can apportion blame, and that still leaves the question open for the MSU AD about why Tucker was coaching as of Saturday afternoon if they had been sitting on the complaint and investigation for 9 months.

We may never get that info though.

They apparently signed a contract with her before Mel started being a creep, so you can forgive her maybe for listening to him complain about his wife without wanting to burn a bridge or expecting him to turn this into an affair. Then (according to the record we have) at some point he cancelled her remaining appearances... did she rebuff him? I've never tried to run a game like that, but I imagine if you work out a "quid pro quo" deal with your "sidepiece" (to use the parlance of our times) you DON'T cancel the deal if she's doing her part...

I don't have a high opinion of people who start foundations/charities instead of getting a regular job like everybody else, but I'm sure they can't ALL be bad, so personally... I'll reserve judgment on her for now.

I'm reserving judgement on everyone involved for now, that was my point. My guess is that the truth is somewhere in the middle, that there was mutual interest to a point but he crossed the line.

I doubt we will ever know the truth, the part that is mind-blowing to me is how MSU is attempting to direct all attention to Tucker and hoping nobody will even bother to question why he wasn't suspended in February and it's working. Virtually nobody is asking why it's not an issue to try to cover this up or why it's appropriate to replace someone for sexual harassment with the guy you pushed out because he had multiple players convicted of sexual assault. That's all totally fine but we have an issue with Art Briles celebrating a win with his family?

Fucking clown world.

Back