Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

I love big foot. I'm going, road trip.

Great. A conservative crazy, a conspiracy nut, and a lefty who likes to argue more than he likes to agree. Should be a fun fucking ride. Bring the coloring books.

There ya go! , no big foots there though those bastards are some sorta interdimensional deal, but that's a whole nother rabbit hole I don't fully understand yet.. Anyway back on earth...time for coast to coast..noory will have the correct assesment most likey and calming voice of reason..

You have a better idea? Might sound dumb but it's not out of this word that they wouldn't have a trial for that reason.

Dude I was just goofing on you a little but I don't think grand juries concern themselves with the cost of trials...

Meanwhile it wasn't Anderson Cooper and it wasn't a Molotov cocktail, but some CNN reporter whose first name is Sarah actually did get clonked in her head.

Sarah Seidner is her name. Some barbecue restaurant is on fire. The whole fucking town is burning. I live through this shit after those cops to beat the crowd out of Rodney King got let off. I kept my ass in my house.

Dude I was just goofing on you a little but I don't think grand juries concern themselves with the cost of trials...

Meanwhile it wasn't Anderson Cooper and it wasn't a Molotov cocktail, but some CNN reporter whose first name is Sarah actually did get clonked in her head.

I know you were goofing. And maybe not, either way IMO they (the GJ) got it right.

I've heard that A.R. 15 sales in that area at Walmart were just through the roof recently…nothing like the potential for a good inner-city riot I guess to stimulate gun sales...

Sarah Seidner is her name. Some barbecue restaurant is on fire. The whole fucking town is burning. I live through this shit after those cops to beat the crowd out of Rodney King got let off. I kept my ass in my house.

Ass in house is always best..Fortunately I never had to do deal with something like this close to home.

Ass in house is always best..Fortunately I never had to do deal with something like this close to home.

I was routed to go do some business in South Los Angeles (it was called south central back then) and that changed real fast when the verdict came out...crap I'm hearing that protests and whatnot are happening in cities across the country; haven't heard of anything happening here in Los Angeles?

I was routed to go do some business in South Los Angeles (it was called south central back then) and that changed real fast when the verdict came out...crap I'm hearing that protests and whatnot are happening in cities across the country; haven't heard of anything happening here in Los Angeles?

probably a good thing there was no twitter or facebook or the same level of cell phone usage as there is today. It could have been a lot worse.

LA and NYC I've seen but I just saw a ton of people gathering. Didn't see any looting or violence..

Did anybody really actually believe that this shit storm wasn't going to happen? I kind of hate to be so cynical, but I had no doubt all Hell would break loose, what so ever.,,

Did anybody really actually believe that this shit storm wasn't going to happen? I kind of hate to be so cynical, but I had no doubt all Hell would break loose, what so ever.,,

I did but I didn't know the cops would disappear for a portion of the night. Planned I assumed probably hoping it'd fizzle down..I was listening and the reporter who was there was gagging on smoke all night, guns going off..I wouldn't want to do that either..

I can't remember which channel I had it on, but some woman was sooooo offended that the media and police are assuming something is going to happen. I watched her say that and I laughed pretty hard. WTF? There was violence during the first protests and there were so many signs of violence weeks ago if he wasn't indicted.

Oh, and then right after the prosecutor's explanation about the evidence, some idiot on CNN took offense to his remarks about the media making mistakes. I wanted to scream at the TV. There has been so much misinformation passed around by the media that has spread throughout all of the small minds of the protesters. I'd put some blame on them for all that has happened. Not a huge amount, but some.

"We have unconfirmed reports from an eye witness that the officer shot Michael Brown while he was on the ground and surrendering. Oh, and check out all of these pictures that make him look like a good all-american black teenager. Ain't he cute?"

I did but I didn't know the cops would disappear for a portion of the night. Planned I assumed probably hoping it'd fizzle down..I was listening and the reporter who was there was gagging on smoke all night, guns going off..I wouldn't want to do that either..

LOL I guess this kills the idea of police are the ones that cause the violence.

It's pretty crazy when they set buildings on fire and then start shooting at firefighters when they try to put it out.

I will say it was brilliant of them to wait right until dusk to make this kind of announcement, because well, only good shit happens when a potential riot inspiring events occurs right at dusk.

From now on they should always make announcement like this at like 5 o'clock in the morning Pacific time. That's right around when the Academy award nominations are announced every year, and there has never been one single riot that has resulted because of the decision of the Academy to nominate somebody, or not nominate somebody.

Last edited:

of course it was going to happen, there is outrage in that community that goes a lot deeper than the Michael Brown case. I think it's more of a case of pent up aggression than the details of this particular decision. There is also a minority that's just looking for trouble and this gives them the green light, there are also thoughtful protesters who have unanswered questions about an unarmed man being shot and won't accept the verdict at face value.

I partially blame some of those civic leaders who get people in a frenzy. People like Al Sharpton, Jackson etc. don't care about right or wrong, but black and white.

Last edited:
I partially blame some of those civic leaders who get people in a frenzy. People like Al Sharpton, Jackson etc. don't care about right or wrong, but black and white.

You can add all of the angry black people that cnn and fox news gave long interviews to. It was absolute non stop demonizing of the cop and praising of Brown. Not to mention some of the black vs white specials that they ran.

There was absolutely no balance in their reporting. No black voices that urged patience and calm. The only ones who did were white lawyers or cops.

I don't believe Al Sharpton actually cares about black and white. He's aware of it and he profits by it, but I don't believe he actually cares about the "little guy" as he puts it.

Back