Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ferguson, MO

We haven’t visited this fun thread in a while.

I voted to re-elect this guy’s wife for LA Country DA today:

It's common to get more authoritarian and conservative as one ages. At least among a certain part of the population.

My great aunt, may she rest in peace, spent all of her ~20 years of retirement indoors in her apartment in Metro Detroit, in front of the TV, drinking warm Miller Lite from a Dixie Cup, and calling everyone who would listen to complain about the scary violence she saw on the TV news (after her "soaps" were over for that day, of course).

She owned a .38 revolver she bought after the Polish deli in Hamtramck that she worked at was held up at gunpoint back in the 60's or 70's (a story we all heard 1,000's of times but details were shifty), and would occasionally tell us how she was ready to shoot any looters or criminals that tried to break into her place.

HUh.

Why was I talking about this again? Maybe I've been watching too many Joe Biden clips on twitter...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's common to get more authoritarian and conservative as one ages. At least among a certain part of the population.

My great aunt, may she rest in peace, spent all of her ~20 years of retirement indoors in her apartment in Metro Detroit, in front of the TV, drinking warm Miller Lite from a Dixie Cup, and calling everyone who would listen to complain about the scary violence she saw on the TV news (after her "soaps" were over for that day, of course).

She owned a .38 revolver she bought after the Polish deli in Hamtramck that she worked at was held up at gunpoint back in the 60's or 70's (a story we all heard 1,000's of times but details were shifty), and would occasionally tell us how she was ready to shoot any looters or criminals that tried to break into her place.

HUh.

Why was I talking about this again? Maybe I've been watching too many Joe Biden clips on twitter...

Wow.

She was doing what I do now.

Yeah, I did.

That sucked.

I bet they had good Polish ham though.

You can't get good Polish ham in Houston.

There is a specialty store here that sells Polish food products, but according to the reviews on Yelp (written in broken English by recent Polish immigrants) the quality of their products is poor, and they sell expired items.

I saw that Floyd Video. It looked like everything was fine until they took him over to the police car. He was already handcuffed.

Then thousands of people protest and weren't social distancing and many weren't wearing masks. COVID spike in MN just around the corner.

I saw that Floyd Video. It looked like everything was fine until they took him over to the police car. He was already handcuffed.

Then thousands of people protest and weren't social distancing and many weren't wearing masks. COVID spike in MN just around the corner.

They’re probably all MAGA - that’s how those people carry on, especially during those protests in the Midwest when their civil rights are being trampled, like when the see u next Tuesday governor of Michigan shuts down the state or when some black dude is denied due process in Minnesota.

Fortunately the story out New York is pretty funny, for balance:

Yay, Obama!

Last edited:
Well then she?s probably not racist. Do we know if the cops voted for Trump or are we still waiting to find out if they are racist?

I don?t know but I feel like sending Amy a MAGA hat to cheer her up.

I learned something from this - I guess a ?Karen? is a term to refer to entitled middle/upper middle class white bitches.

I didn?t know that.

Not that it matters, but a thin slice look at Christian Cooper, the victim of the racist hypocrite bitch in Central Park got my spidey sences tingling and whoa!

It’s just beyond funny that a middle aged, Harvard educated gay bird watcher has got to be the LEAST threatening black dude in Manhattan.

EDIT: Oh, and he’s a comic book editor.

So he’s also a nerd.

Last edited:
I don?t know but I feel like sending Amy a MAGA hat to cheer her up.

I learned something from this - I guess a ?Karen? is a term to refer to entitled middle/upper middle class white bitches.

I didn?t know that.

If a tolerant, inclusive, democrat activist can get that triggered by a guy politely asking her to leash her dog, I can only imagine the rampage you would set off with that gift regardless of how thoughtful and well-intentioned the spirit we all know you would be sending it in.

I didn?t know that.

I live around a lot of those. Well versed in that term, been around for some time.

Fun fact: 2-3 Karens in a group is a complaint of Karens. 4 or more is a privilege of Karens.

A scale has also been created as Karens can come in many forms:

Karenscale.png

Last edited:

*pneumonia

Back