Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Jets @ Lions *Monday Night* Thread

Grandy, have any idea's about a new avatar that could get someone fired around here?

On the "silver" lining side, the Lions won't be featured again in primetime by ESPN on MNF for quite awhile.

On the "silver" lining side, the Lions won't be featured again in primetime by ESPN on MNF for quite awhile.

I honestly wondered why they made it this season.. 9-7 and no playoffs last year.

The silver line was our QB got some rest.

Last edited:
There's very basic things that we continue to do dumb no matter who our moron coach is:

Put davis on an an island on 3rd down with their most productive 3rd down wr
Put Wilson on an island with their #1 wr
Have Lawson in the game... ever
Blatantly obvious run formations that never work vs a 9 man box but we continue to try it anyway.

Proud to say I attended arguably the most embarrassing performance in franchise history today, what an honor!

31 points in the quarter were the most The Lions have given up since 1950 when the Rams lead by Norm Van Brocklin dropped 41 on the Lions in the third quarter out in Los Angeles in a 65-24 loss. Least the next 10 years were good for all those now dead people who got to watch them in the 1950’s.

Lions also had a 31 spot dropped on the in the playoffs in 1995 at Philadelphia in a mother playoff loss 58-37.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195010290ram.htm

Last edited:
Sorry ..l bet it was hoping after the Diggs Int!

Place was berserk and I thought the rout was already on, it was I guess...just the other way.

I can?t think of a single area where they were even adequate tonight. I was among the boo birds in the second half after the punt return/pick 6, what a farce even for this laughable franchise.

31 points in the quarter were the most The Lions have given up since 1950 when the Rams lead by Norm Van Brocklin dropped 41 on the Lions in the third quarter out in Los Angeles in a 65-24 loss. Least the next 10 years were good for all those now dead people who got to watch them in the 1950’s.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195010290ram.htm

Yeah those dead people were pretty great fans.

Did you ever hear the stories of dead Lions fan Alex and dead Lions fan Steve from the 1950s?

Great Lions fans.

The best.

I heard they’re buried in the ground somewhere.

But not next to each other.

Or probably not anyway.

Last edited:
I recall as a kid the Lions getting trucked 35-0 by the Greatest Show on Turf on MNF. The difference is that was a historically dominant team not the youngest QB on a shitty team.

Gruden’s offense already looks better then the Lions and they are playing The Rams.

NOT AFTER ADJUSTMENTS LOL..

Last edited:
That was the game when the wuss Mitchell also tossed 4 INTs, before being yanked by Fontes. His replacement then tossed 2 more, for a total of 6.

Yeah but his tying td pass 7-7 to Sloan off his back foot was o thing of beauty for 32 yards... then it was all down hill.

I'm glutton for punishment I'm watching it lol.. l Jeffrey Lurie Eagles owner has aged pretty good. It's 10-7 Now early second quarter .

Last edited:
Last edited:
Haven't we heard this before? Listening to the Scotty Pharrell show on the radio and they said the same thing. They knew the plays base on Matt s hand signals and Jim Bob Cooter offensive sets. God he is a awful coordinator.

Lombardi and Cooter have both been called out for this

Back