Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Cardinals Thread

well at least someone was happy with the play calling

Tate just didn't get open much. Kudos to the Cardinals coverage. And their run defense on short yardage and stopping Bell five times in the backfield for losses to make bad down and distance. Collins run worked 4/4 earlier in the year. Riddick run I understand trying to catch them off guard. The protection wasn't there on 17 of 34 dropbacks. There were penalty issues Sims personal foul, hold that was declined (some bogus Ebron OPI). 3 drops as well including a big one to Calvin.

Tate just didn't get open much. Kudos to the Cardinals coverage. And their run defense on short yardage and stopping Bell five times in the backfield for losses to make bad down and distance. Collins run worked 4/4 earlier in the year. Riddick run I understand trying to catch them off guard. The protection wasn't there on 17 of 34 dropbacks. There were penalty issues Sims personal foul, hold that was declined (some bogus Ebron OPI). 3 drops as well including a big one to Calvin.

Good thing we had our match up nightmare Ebron playing then. His 4 catches for 22 yards were a game changer.

Good thing we had our match up nightmare Ebron playing then. His 4 catches for 22 yards were a game changer.

Would have had more if not for that bogus OPI. And he had a bad spot that took away a big first down. I like his speed. Glad he's back

Last edited:
Would have had more if not for that bogus OPI. And he had a bad spot that took away a big first down. I like his speed. Glad he's back
Man dude, you need to cut down on the excuses. This team will be lucky to even make the playoffs. They do not know how to win. Year in and every other year out, they start out on fire, get a select group hopes up and totally deflate. Stafford had me leaning for a moment but he is settling in to his real talent level. No doubt the defense is good but they lack.a true leader, they are running on the coat tails of a guy interested only in himself and his showbiz career. Guys see through that. Lions are not even going to make the playoffs. You must have stopped watching game film, this team is doomed without a viable running guard blocking scheme. They cant run into traffic, this team had slid miserable in the run blocking. Total fail. Stafford can not manufacture an audible to save his "in game" football mind. Granted, the OC is holding him back but at the end of the day, OC needs experience to build confidence. Staff is not a leader and thus the reason for poo poo play calling. My buddy, former All Pro QB says Staff had zero confidence under scrutiny. He needs to take charge and direct what needs to be executed. He see's his hesitancy and claims it is a by product of the play calling.

Last edited:
Went to a site to sim the game, against NE. 7 times. 4 games for them 3 for us. Most were close though we won 30-7 once and they won 60-6 once. So who knows..

Last edited:
And PFF calls that a drop?

when Patrick Peterson at full speed isn't gaining on you....that should tell you how fast CJ was running. He had to come to a complete stop and slide and reach back lol. that "drop" is 1000% on staffords shitty accuracy.

when Patrick Peterson at full speed isn't gaining on you....that should tell you how fast CJ was running. He had to come to a complete stop and slide and reach back lol. that "drop" is 1000% on staffords shitty accuracy.

There was pressure on Stafford. 70% on Calvin and 30% Oline.

Pressure on him is a fact. Can't throw it wide or you don't get YAC with Calvin going out of bounds. Thrown to proper spot, correct read, under pressure.

the 4th and 2 he missed. But bad play design and Calvin could have gotten wider faster too.

There was pressure on Stafford. 70% on Calvin and 30% Oline.

very little pressure and Stafford had already escaped it. completely clean space infront of him to step up and throw. dingleberry instead throws it without getting set or stepping into it.

Can't throw it wide or you don't get YAC with Calvin going out of bounds.

WTF are you talking about? The ball was thrown right on the 30 yard mark number....there is PLENTY of more room to throw the ball leading him properly.

WTF are you talking about? The ball was thrown right on the 30 yard mark number....there is PLENTY of more room to throw the ball leading him properly.

Momentum would have carried him out of bounds. Plus like I said pressure. It's one of those backyard plays at that point. It was a fine throw given the circumstances. Clearly that wasn't even the route. And Calvin needs to secure that catch no matter what. Who cares about YAC when you have a 40 yard gain on 3rd down.

Last edited:
Bottom line is this team is entering into their normal choke zone. Good teams find a way in the elements, injury, poor official calling, and the like... Not our Lions. Excuse...Excuse...Excuse... same thing every year.

Momentum would have carried him out of bounds. Plus like I said pressure. It's one of those backyard plays at that point. It was a fine throw given the circumstances. Clearly that wasn't even the route. And Calvin needs to secure that catch no matter what. Who cares about YAC when you have a 40 yard gain on 3rd down.

right...who cares about the possibility of CJ taking it all the way for a TD in a game when the Lions couldn't score a TD. Why lead the WR a little bit to make it a easy catch when you can throw it behind him allowing the DB to catch up and forcing the WR to fall to his ass in an attempt to catch the ball. Just throw it up and HOPE that your WR can make a play. That is Stafford in a nutshell!

Holy shit, you guys are STILL arguing about this.....lol......I notice it's only the trolls that argue on and on and on and on.........

Why is that?

Holy shit, you guys are STILL arguing about this.....lol......I notice it's only the trolls that argue on and on and on and on.........

Why is that?

Two opposing views and nothing new to talk about. Our offense still cant score and our #10 pick has produced nothing so far this year. Stafford is the same ole Stafford.

It was impossible to lead him giving the break down of the play and pressure. Stafford made a good throw that Calvin dropped. No QB could lead him.

It was impossible to lead him giving the break down of the play and pressure. Stafford made a good throw that Calvin dropped. No QB could lead him.

Huh? So you're stance is it was not humanly possible to throw the ball anymore to Stafford's right then he did?

I don't think you are watching the correct play.

Back