Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11 Texans @ Lions Thread

I thought Schwartz said they don't play for FG's? anyone else remember those comments after week1? Guess he lied. Hey Linehan and Schwartz you don't suddenly stop doing what got you there just because your in FG range! I thought they understood this. apparently not. Fire em all.

I don't care if you haven't had a positive gain on a rush all day. I trust a kicker from 52 yards out more than 47 and the left hash.

Missed calls, missed opportunities...another Thanksgiving loss and the season down the drain. I almost want to say same ole Lions but the same ole Lions would've lost this game by 40.

I know it is a dumb rule but Swartz needs to know that the TD was going to be reviewed.....that "non-reversal" is on Swartz...not the refs.

The sad part is I knew they would find a way to fuck it up when they had the 7 pt lead with 9 min left you just knew it.

I thought Schwartz said they don't play for FG's? anyone else remember those comments after week1? Guess he lied. Hey Linehan and Schwartz you don't suddenly stop doing what got you there just because your in FG range! I thought they understood this. apparently not. Fire em all.

We kept doing what we do twice in the 4th quarter...and both of those plays resulted in us dropping back and getting sacked out of FG range. Hanson needs to make it.

The sad part is I knew they would find a way to fuck it up when they had the 7 pt lead with 9 min left you just knew it.

I've been watching the Lions for over 40 years....I knew they would fuck it up when I turned the TV on!

We kept doing what we do twice in the 4th quarter...and both of those plays resulted in us dropping back and getting sacked out of FG range. Hanson needs to make it.

I disagree, I can't believe they left a down on the board and went for that FG on 3rd and 11, you play to win! this was the big reason I used to like schwartz because he didn't play for FG's Or so I thought. I guess he ain't what I thought he was. very disappointed in what I saw

I disagree, I can't believe they left a down on the board and went for that FG on 3rd and 11, you play to win! this was the big reason I used to like schwartz because he didn't play for FG's Or so I thought. I guess he ain't what I thought he was. very disappointed in what I saw

I was more disapointed that Swartz doesn't know the rules.

Well, lets see if we can screw up our draft position by winning a few more games.

Hey dumbass a FG there wins the game, so he was playing for the win. What do you want another deep pass?

I don't blame him at all for that call. He watched Pett get stripped and he nearly watched his other receiver cough the ball up to an INT as well. Hanson had kicked a 46 yard FG in the 3rd quarter right down the middle. He trusted his 20 year vet to make it. It always comes down to guy executing and making plays. Hanson missed it. If Staff drops back to pass and he's sacked or Watt tips and they pick it we're all screaming why didn't we just kick it?

Hey dumbass a FG there wins the game, so he was playing for the win. What do you want another deep pass?

Hey dumbass you don't win playing for FG's in this league. I really thought we finally had a coach that got that. It was 3rd and 11, you run another play! FFS you don't give away downs in this league WTF is thta!!!!! What, fuck you!!!@!
you donh't do thst isth;lwk!~$#W
\

I don't blame him at all for that call. He watched Pett get stripped and he nearly watched his other receiver cough the ball up to an INT as well. Hanson had kicked a 46 yard FG in the 3rd quarter right down the middle. He trusted his 20 year vet to make it. It always comes down to guy executing and making plays. Hanson missed it. If Staff drops back to pass and he's sacked or Watt tips and they pick it we're all screaming why didn't we just kick it?

then run a play to the hash! you don't give away downs god damit!! you don't so that!!! duck swtckaz fuck em all!gftr

how about a run fake up the middle, have the QB roll out and throw for a 1st down inside the 20 like the Texans did....right before they kicked a chip shot game winner!

I'm willing to bet there are less then 10 coaches in the league that know that rule. I know Mike Smith and Schwartz know about it now.

you might be right....but I'll bet every coach in the NFL knows that every TD gets reviewed so they know that there is no need to throw the flag.

Hey dumbass you don't win playing for FG's in this league. I really thought we finally had a coach that got that. It was 3rd and 11, you run another play! FFS you don't give away downs in this league WTF is thta!!!!! What, fuck you!!!@!
you donh't do thst isth;lwk!~$#W
\

Dude you're an idiot, quit blaming the coaching on that play. An NFL kicker should make those kicks. There is a way bigger risk running another play than trusting a 20yr vet.

Back