Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Lions @ Redskins Thread

I suspect there may be a direct correlation between positive fans and cynical negative ones, that being number of years being a lion fan? The longer the more cynical you become, years of embarrassment...it's an illness only cured by a Super Bowl appearance, preferably a win. We won in Washington today for the first time EVER! in the history of the universe, so that only might be worth some renewed hope consideration now perhaps?. Maybe

At least we have something to piss and moan about now instead of just putting bags over our heads..but hey..would it be considered a bad fan move if I dropped petidrop brickhands from my fantasy team because that dude is killing me!

Last edited:
I suspect there may be a direct correlation between positive fans and cynical negative ones, that being numbers of years being a lion fan? The longer the more cynical you become, years of embarrassment...it's an illness only cured by a Super Bowl appearance, preferably a win. We won in Washington today for the first time EVER! in the history of the universe so that only might be worth some renewed hope consideration now perhaps.

At least we have something to piss and moan about now instead of just putting bags over our heads..but hey..would it be considered a bad fan move if I dropped petidrop brickhands from my fantasy team because that dude is killing me!

I heard Pettidrop had a couple passes throw his way but I didn't even notice him. I'm thinking Schwartz isn't happy with him either..

As far as the Skins, I'm stoked that we beat them, finally.

I heard Pettidrop had a couple passes throw his way but I didn't even notice him. I'm thinking Schwartz isn't happy with him either..

As far as the Skins, I'm stoked that we beat them, finally.

Same here, tigers hacking offense losing today didn't even bother me at all because of this. Lol..Bears can be beaten if we limit mistakes and turnovers...place will be rocking...home crowd get loud and rattle cutler!

Last edited:
Its another big game because GB at GB will be extremely tough. That's when I'll worry about our LB.

Must win now next week verses the Bears thanks to the freaking 0-3 Steelers..I just did not think the Bears would be this good..

I'm really looking to the Bears. They will tackle much better than the Redskins. If we limit the turnovers, it could be a very fun game.

Must win now next week verses the Bears thanks to the freaking 0-3 Steelers..I just did not think the Bears would be this good..

Fuck Chicago. They're never all that great to me, but just like our team will do everything it can to lose, they'll find any way on this earth to force a turnover. The fumble DJ Williams forced was something I can't recall him EVER doing for the Broncos. From what I saw of the game, the Steelers looked putrid.

glad were 2-1 but in my eyes weve had 2 bad wins and a bad bad loss....gotta clean some things up for chi.

Last edited:
LMFAO. I never called anyone a bad fan. I called you complainers aka haters, which some of you are and it's obvious who it is. And I agree with Zoom's post, throw some positive comments in there once in awhile. Enjoy the team winning. Don't call them bad wins and I won't call you a hater especially if you throw in some positives and not backhanded positive comments.

The 2013 Lions are a good team so far. That's the proper assessment.

LMFAO. I never called anyone a bad fan. I called you complainers aka haters, which some of you are and it's obvious who it is. And I agree with Zoom's post, throw some positive comments in there once in awhile. Enjoy the team winning. Don't call them bad wins and I won't call you a hater especially if you throw in some positives and not backhanded positive comments.

The 2013 Lions are a good team so far. That's the proper assessment.

I've tossed around many good comments, but I'm sure you still consider me to be a hater. You want people to toss in positives, but you never toss out negatives. I tend to be more in the middle, but that doesn't make me and others like me haters.

Heck I even started that thread after GB demolished the skins saying the lions would win.

The haters would not be so vocal if you would dial back your schtick and proclaiming you know more than everyone else. You're just as annoying as those you label haters.

Just remember that YOU did not win the game vs redskins. Nor did you have any more faith than many you label as a hater.

People have spent decades of their lives following the lions through all of the bad years and still come here to post not because they hate the lions, but because they love them. If the team proves worthy of praise, then they should be praised but this current team has a long road ahead and we should all remember when the lions started 6-2 only to begin an historic stretch of suckitude even by lions standards.

Not bashing on this team, many are just still venting years of frustration because they actually love the lions and want them to win but feel like a guy who has had their girl cheat on them so often they don't know when the truth is actually being told and when what they are seeing is all an act.

Give fans some slack. Great and historic win for the lions. They still have at bears and at packers in their future (yes, I know this upcoming bears game is at Detroit...I'm talking about down the road). When the lions finally break those two streaks is anyones guess, but there is a chance it could happen this year. If it does, I doubt many "haters" will still exist.

Positives are needed. They are far too often overlooked on here and are actually the majority of what the Lions do on the field. The perception that the Lions are a bad mistake only filled team is a very misinformed poor opinion and I will continue to call people on that.

Positives are needed. They are far too often overlooked on here and are actually the majority of what the Lions do on the field. The perception that the Lions are a bad mistake only filled team is a very misinformed poor opinion and I will continue to call people on that.

LKP

I have to call you out on this... The Lions are 2-1 but to say the Lions do not make a ton of Mistakes year in and year out is just flat out wrong and smacks of being such a homer fan. The Ford's have won only one playoff game since 1963..

ONEPLAYOFFWIN!!!
This organization has been inept for over 40 + years.. The Lions did a ton of things right yesterday but they also let another inferior team talent wise stay in the game till the end. They gave away a game in Arizona they should have won. It can't be all rose color glasses all the time LKP... Some of us have waited all of our lives for good football every year. I was in a body cast watching the Lions lose 5-0 at Dallas in the wildcard game in 1970 and it broke my Lions sports heart.. This organization has had way to many losing seasons since Ford bought the team and that is the perception all of us older Lions fan's have..

It's not like some of us were lucky like my late father who had Bobby Layne and Doak Walker of the 1950's and 3 out of 4 NFL titles... So forgive some of us for not jumping on the train yet..
Am I happy we won yesterday... Hell yeah... But we should be 3-0, and tied with the Bears..

Last edited:
I don't care about anything pre Mayhew. This team has more good things than mistakes in the Mayhew era once the rebuild was complete. I'm talking 2013, I get the offseason after the 2012 debacle, but right now it should be the majority of roses and sunshine. You people refuse to let go of Lions history and focus on all the good things happening in the organization. It might not make you bad fans, but it makes you bitter, annoying fans.

How was the Redskins win a 'bad' win?

Especially when all off season everyone said a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Everytime the words lucky or unlucky were thrown out all I heard was they don't exist.

I don't care about anything pre Mayhew. This team has more good things than mistakes in the Mayhew era once the rebuild was complete. I'm talking 2013, I get the offseason after the 2012 debacle, but right now it should be the majority of roses and sunshine. You people refuse to let go of Lions history and focus on all the good things happening in the organization. It might not make you bad fans, but it makes you bitter, annoying fans.

And your not anything but annoying saying how everything is perfect... I am not bitter at all just flat out pissed how this organization has been run but the Ford's. They ruined Barry Sanders. Meyhew has done a lot of good things but he has whiffed a bunch also.. The step back last year in 2012 was debacle and smacks of a poorly run franchise. All the stupid penalties over and over again over just flat out dumb.. I hope they turn it around and make the playoffs in 2013.. I am excited.. I have watched year in and year out weather we win or lose...You are not the only Lions fan on this board... Remember that... Anyone who posts anything on this board is a Lions fan mostly...Roses and sunshine.. Maybe if they were 3-0...it's still the lions so we shall see.. Stop being I told you so guy!!....Your far from always right...As we all are on this board....

Last edited:
No I'm right about the Lions assessment. I say positive things which the majority of the time is right. There are some negatives for any team. I'll be less positive if EVERYONE because more positive. Until then, I'll balance out the board.

The positives are they are 2-1.
The negative is they should be 3-0.

Lets beat the Bears and tie for the division..

Pre-Mayhew this team was talentless,soft, and undisciplined. Now, the team is talented, not soft, but more undisciplined. If they would stop with the stupid penalties there is enough talent here to be an above average team year in and year out. They shoot themselves in the foot more often than not. I don't know if this is poor coaching (my supsicion is that this is exactly what it is), or poor scouting as far as player personalities go.

Personally I'm happy we are 2-1 and one of only 5 NFC teams with a winning record. But I think the lack of discipline starts and ends with Schwartz. And I think eventually he will need to be replaced if team is to advance from talented and inconsistent to a consistent perennial contender.

Back