Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: WFT @ Lions Thread

Making baseless assumptions with no personal experience is at once a way to evade intelligent discussion and invite ridicule. Why you do this is not worth pursuing.

Moving on, too.

How do you know I don't have personal experience playing with broken ribs. Maybe I threw 8 TDs in a game with broken ribs. Maybe I hurt my thumb and threw 5 interceptions. You don't know

Stafford played great regardless. We'll see if the Saints end up getting some losses coming up or not. Did well with Teddy B last year

How do you know I don't have personal experience playing with broken ribs. Maybe I threw 8 TDs in a game with broken ribs. Maybe I hurt my thumb and threw 5 interceptions. You don't know

My guess is if you threw 5 INTs you would blame it on your O-line, wind conditions, bad WR separation, a boo-boo on your thumb, the refs, etc. Hell, you would probably call them true TDs.

My guess is if you threw 5 INTs you would blame it on your O-line, wind conditions, bad WR separation, a boo-boo on your thumb, the refs, etc. Hell, you would probably call them true TDs.

All those things could cause interceptions. The fact that you guys just blindly blame the QB is the problem.

Stafford like 2 bad passes in a game and you say he sucks or underrate his excellent performance. All QBs have 2 bad passes in a game and 3-4 punts a game typically.

Last edited:
This is the single dumbest argument I’ve read on these boards, on ANY subject, in quite a while.

latest

Wait ... this is YOU!?!

Not sure if this is the right area to interject this.....but I just read an article on Kenny Golladay....he gets the least amount of separation on his routes of all the WR in the NFL. Dead last. He was dead last in 2019 as well.

I know that's not his game....but holy shit..... LAST 2 years in a row.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020...nfl-worst-wr-at-getting-separation-on-routes/

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right area to throw this in.....butI read an article on Kenny Golladay....he gets the least amount of separation on his routes of all the WR in the NFL. Dead last. He was dead last in 2019 as well.

I know that's not his game....but holy shit..... LAST 2 years in a row.

I don't know what thread it was in, but I said that I think it would be a mistake to sign him to an extension. He is going to want $18M a year and I just don't think he's a difference maker...at least not at that price.

I don't know what thread it was in, but I said that I think it would be a mistake to sign him to an extension. He is going to want $18M a year and I just don't think he's a difference maker...at least not at that price.

After I read that I'm not so sure myself. What's going to happen when he slows down and/or the injuries start to catch up to him? He already is the WORST WR IN FOOTBALL separating from a DB.....it's not going to get better when he's slower and cant jump.

I'd trade him. Get something for him.....a 2nd or a 3rd or something. But then that would leave a MASSIVE void for 2021. No Jones or Golladay.....likely no Amendola. That means a likely high pick on a WR and money spent for a veteran or two. I was all in for Robbie Anderson this last off season. Young. FAST. Probably cheaper long term than Golladay will be. Damn it Quinn.

I guess the other option is all Quintez, all the time!!!

Last edited:
After I read that I'm not so sure myself. What's going to happen when he slows down and/or the injuries start to catch up to him? He already is the WORST WR IN FOOTBALL separating from a DB.....it's not going to get better when he's slower and cant jump.

I'd trade him. Get something for him.....a 2nd or a 3rd or something. But then that would leave a MASSIVE void for 2021. No Jones or Golladay.....likely no Amendola. That means a likely high pick on a WR and money spent for a veteran or two. I was all in for Robbie Anderson this last off season. Young. FAST. Probably cheaper long term than Golladay will be. Damn it Quinn.

I guess the other option is all Quintez, all the time!!!

He's a free agent after this season.

Didn't the Lion do this once before with DTs (Suh & Fairley)? Had two good DTs that were both going to be free agents and the Lions didn't plan ahead. Aaron Donald was sitting there in the prior year and the Lions didn't take him. This last draft was one of the best for WRs and the Lions didn't address it.

I?d agree let him walk too injury prone also

He's a free agent after this season.

Didn't the Lion do this once before with DTs (Suh & Fairley)? Had two good DTs that were both going to be free agents and the Lions didn't plan ahead. Aaron Donald was sitting there in the prior year and the Lions didn't take him. This last draft was one of the best for WRs and the Lions didn't address it.

That's right....he got a one year deal. There is always a good WR available via FA. But if we choose to move one from Golladay....that leaves LB's, DT's and WR's all completely void of talent for 2021.

Remember Marvin is a good candidate to be a cap casualty as well. Hock and Swift need to be the new face of the offense. I dont know if you pay a jump ball WR 18 mil a year.....i cant imagine the front officce like the public/social media outbursts about his contract status. "its gonna cost you!" and then he goes out and gets injured...right after comming off an injury lol. What a turd.

Id like to see this offense get rejuvenated with some young talent to build around Swift and Hock. A guy like Waddle coming off a broken leg as a rd 2 target for instance. I dont know if you commit 18mil a year to a WR....

Theres a lot to sort out prior to that as well....will there be a new front office and coach? If theres a new GM and coach do they want to build around Stafford....again!....or do they starts fresh.

Why the fuck dont we have Hebert or Tua sitting on our bench....sigh....Quinn fucked us.

Marvin is a FA. Depends on how much he wants for a new contract. It won't be 8 per what he gets now. But a 1 or 2 year deal for like 4 million per works for bring him back.

He is giving us 8-10 TDS and 900 yard pace every year.

I'd give Marvin Jones 2 years 8 million and draft a WR Round 2. Cheap 2 year deal for Marvin Hall too. Let Amendola walk. Marvin 715 yards and 8-9 TD pace this year. Could rise to around 900 again if KG remains out and Marvin gets the targets.

Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin are people to throw money at. But they want big money

Golladay at the right price

Will Fuller, TY Hilton, Sammy Watkins, Ju Ju Smith Schuster, Keelan Cole, Demarcus Robinson are other options

Add Godwin big money, Marvin Jones 4 per, slot WR Round 2 replacing Amendola, Cephus year 2 and maybe try to bring back Marvin Hall cheap. Plus Hock and Swift. That would be plenty. Does Godwin get tagged though. Same with Allen Robinson

Last edited:
Stafford out of practice today and has a brace on his thumb. Guess it does affect him some

Looks like I won that argument

Stafford out of practice today and has a brace on his thumb. Guess it does affect him some

Looks like I won that argument

you haven't won an argument on this board yet. You make stupid statements and back them up with even dumber ones.

It all started when you said that 0% of the stalled drives were on Stafford. That was the stupid statement that started it all. It isn't possible that there were 4 drives that ended without points (3 and outs) and Stafford had no "blame" in any of them. He is the one that makes the decisions where the ball goes, he is able to audible out of any play he wants, he has to have some responsibility in the outcome of drives. He gets the credit (which almost all of us have given him credit for having a good game) for the good drives, he has to have some of the "blame" for the drives that don't end well. It doesn't mean he didn't have a good game.

There would never have been any kind of "argument" if you didn't make the stupid statement to begin with.

Now, please just go away. Go put on your Matt Stafford P.J.s and jerk off to the Stafford poster that is very likely on the ceiling above your bed.

you haven't won an argument on this board yet. You make stupid statements and back them up with even dumber ones.

It all started when you said that 0% of the stalled drives were on Stafford. That was the stupid statement that started it all. It isn't possible that there were 4 drives that ended without points (3 and outs) and Stafford had no "blame" in any of them. He is the one that makes the decisions where the ball goes, he is able to audible out of any play he wants, he has to have some responsibility in the outcome of drives. He gets the credit (which almost all of us have given him credit for having a good game) for the good drives, he has to have some of the "blame" for the drives that don't end well. It doesn't mean he didn't have a good game.

There would never have been any kind of "argument" if you didn't make the stupid statement to begin with.

Now, please just go away. Go put on your Matt Stafford P.J.s and jerk off to the Stafford poster that is very likely on the ceiling above your bed.

I gave all the reasons why the drives stalled which clearly showed it wasn't Stafford. And they scored 30 points. So I won the argument in every single way

Stafford is a great QB. Lions need to help him out properly. Defense has the talent but just can't get it done enough. Same with run game and weapon separation. But it can change. Got 7 more chances + Start stacking Ws

I gave all the reasons why the drives stalled which clearly showed it wasn't Stafford. And they scored 30 points. So I won the argument in every single way

Stafford is a great QB. Lions need to help him out properly. Defense has the talent but just can't get it done enough. Same with run game and weapon separation. But it can change. Got 7 more chances + Start stacking Ws

When it's windy, and you tilt your head just so, do you hear whistling?

When it's windy, and you tilt your head just so, do you hear whistling?

The Detroit education system has failed you all

It doesn't HAVE to be Staffords fault just because is he the QB. Get that through your thick skulls and actually watch the game and plays and analyze what happens.

You guys are the generalization kings

Last edited:
Back