Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 9: WFT @ Lions Thread

Guess I'm more focused on why that throw even mattered...what poor game planning and/or defense that lead to them blowing a 21 point lead. It's what drives me mad as a Lions fan year after year, we end up focusing on the small stuff because the giant glaring issues create these scenarios.

True....but even good teams need to win close games against bad teams. Packers beat the Jags by 4...IN GB...with Jax back up QB in the game.

It happens.

Cepheus is just a rookie so I'm not writing him off forever.....but he's an NFL WR that played a deep ball like a blind center fielder. That's not a good sign.

True....but even good teams need to win close games against bad teams. Packers beat the Jags by 4...IN GB...with Jax back up QB in the game.

It happens.

Cepheus is just a rookie so I'm not writing him off forever.....but he's an NFL WR that played a deep ball like a blind center fielder. That's not a good sign.

Had a bad drop earlier in the game too.

Stafford 3rd n short. Roll out left flip to no one with a wide open wr. There lkp...proof he didn't keep a drive alive. You're welcome.

Fulgham had 1 catch for 8 yards on 5 targets in a loss to the Giants yesterday

Oh, well that changes everything.

Never could get on board with the Quinn-bashing over Fulgham. Is he any good or was he just putting up stats because the Eagle managed to lose every single one of their good skill players?

Perhaps a little of both, but I doubt he would've had this opportunity on the Lions. Packers waived him too.

He's facing #1 CBs in Philly and he's put up solid numbers. He would have better matchups as a #2/#3 here.

As far as not bashing Quinn on a dropped player, I get it. You can't keep everyone. But when you draft a WR (Cephus), then cut a young WR (Fulgham) that goes on to produce, and then reports come out you're potentially shopping for Ross or another WR? You deserve to get shit on. You're giving up assets for a position that you should've/could've had settled. That's bad.

Last edited:

Stafford 3rd n short. Roll out left flip to no one with a wide open wr. There lkp...proof he didn't keep a drive alive. You're welcome.

Nope. Marvin wasn't that open and Stafford under heavy pressure. That was Oline. Also that was after Stafford got destroyed on that personal foul and hadn't taped his bad thumb yet. Couldn't grip. Oline's fault

Last edited:
Nope. Marvin wasn't that open and Stafford under heavy pressure. That was Oline. Also that was after Stafford got destroyed on that personal foul and hadn't taped his bad thumb yet. Couldn't grip. Oline's fault

Drew Brees played out the first 1/2 this Sunday with 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Matt had boo-boo on his thumb is your excuse. :tup:

Drew Brees played out the first 1/2 this Sunday with 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung.

Matt had boo-boo on his thumb is your excuse. :tup:

Brees only played a few snaps anf not well either..stafford did well once taped. Throwing hand is also more important than ribs for you know, throwing the fucking football

Brees only played a few snaps anf not well either..stafford did well once taped. Throwing hand is also more important than ribs for you know, throwing the fucking football

:bs:

what1.gif

Ribs are in no way involved in the throwing motion. Or breathing. And, once broken, they are impervious to pain. The collapsed lung? Brees has a spare.

Quite possibly the most-reckless, baseless, ill-informed post in the history of DSF. Definitely top-five.

:nuts:

QBs play with broken ribs all the time. They put on a brace to protect them. Tony Romo has done it. Once the lung collapsed he got out of there after a few snaps.

Bad throws more affected by the throwing hand. Stafford got it fixed and played well

Collapsed lung is worse for availability but he wasn't playing with a collapsed lung all half. Brees is done for a month now. Time for Winston to eat the Ws

QBs play with broken ribs all the time. They put on a brace to protect them. Tony Romo has done it. Once the lung collapsed he got out of there after a few snaps.

Bad throws more affected by the throwing hand. Stafford got it fixed and played well

Collapsed lung is worse for availability but he wasn't playing with a collapsed lung all half. Brees is done for a month now. Time for Winston to eat the Ws

They put some tape on a thumb and it's "fixed". Brees' injury causes him to miss a month but the thumb injury is more severe???

lol...you are so stupid.

You've already augured in, crashed, and burned. The FAA is on the way to assess cause. It will not be challenging, but puzzling.

Thumb injury more severe for throwing the ball..collapsed lung more severe for availability. Talking about why stafford missed a flip throw under pressure. Brees didnt play well either after lung injury

He did play through 3 broken ribs for half..you can play through that pain without affecting throws as much as throwing hand injury. Then he broke 2 more ribs and collapsed his lung and was playing poorly and done.

Last edited:
Thumb injury more severe for throwing the ball..collapsed lung more severe for availability. Talking about why stafford missed a flip throw under pressure. Brees didnt play well either after lung injury

He did play through 3 broken ribs for half..you can play through that pain without affecting throws as much as throwing hand injury

Guy who's never taken a snap as a QB in an NFL game with five broken ribs says what?

*LOOKING FOR THE BLACK BOX*

Last edited:
Guy who's never taken a snap as a QB in an NFL game with five broken ribs says what?

*LOOKING FOR THE BLACK BOX*

You are missing the point. Staffords thumb affected that incompletion. And he played well after it got taped. That play failed due to pressure allowed by Oline too. Luckily it was only a few snaps and the Lions won. Also even if it was his fault, its one drive. A QB can cause 1-2 drives a game to fail. You aren't scoring every possession.

QBs play with broken ribs in the NFL. Brees had 3 all game. Then 2 more and collapsed lung which knocked him out. Stafford could play through broken ribs too

They are separate things. If you are in the game though, your throwing is more affected by your hand than your rib if you can tolerate the rib pain.

Would I rather Stafford hurt his hand than rib. Yes. What affects throwing more while playing. Throwing hand. What takes you out of a game. Collapsed lung

Last edited:
You are missing the point. Staffords thumb affected that incompletion. And he played well after it got taped. That play failed due to pressure allowed by Oline too. Luckily it was only a few snaps and the Lions won. Also even if it was his fault, its one drive. A QB can cause 1-2 drives a game to fail. You aren't scoring every possession.

QBs play with broken ribs in the NFL. Brees had 3 all game. Then 2 more and collapsed lung which knocked him out. Stafford could play through broken ribs too

They are separate things. If you are in the game though, your throwing is more affected by your hand than your rib if you can tolerate the rib pain.

Would I rather Stafford hurt his hand than rib. Yes. What affects throwing more while playing. Throwing hand. What takes you out of a game. Collapsed lung

No, you missed the runway and hit the tower. I don't care about Stafford. I'm talking about Drew Brees's FIVE FRACTURED RIBS and that they definitely affected his throwing, standing, and breathing.

And for you to make the reckless judgement that Brees was less affected than Stafford with their incomparable injuries is really presumptuous.

No, you missed the runway and hit the tower. I don't care about Stafford. I'm talking about Drew Brees's FIVE FRACTURED RIBS and that they definitely affected his throwing, standing, and breathing.

And for you to make the reckless judgement that Brees was less affected than Stafford with their incomparable injuries is really presumptuous.

It does affect him, I never said it didn't, but its more pain. But your hand is more important for actually throwing the ball if you can't grip it, you throw ducks and it hurts the team more. Ribs are availability if it gets too painful, but then you are on the sidelines, not throwing the ball. And then collapsed lung you are out of the game for a long time.

But luckily Stafford can play and the throwing hand injury grip is helped with tape. Brees is done for a month. I'd rather Stafford has his injury over Brees current collapsed lung but you have to know it affects the throws more.

It does affect him, I never said it didn't, but its more pain. But your hand is more important for actually throwing the ball if you can't grip it, you throw ducks and it hurts the team more. Ribs are availability if it gets too painful, but then you are on the sidelines, not throwing the ball. And then collapsed lung you are out of the game for a long time.

But luckily Stafford can play and the throwing hand injury grip is helped with tape. Brees is done for a month. I'd rather Stafford has his injury over Brees current collapsed lung but you have to know it affects the throws more.

I have to know that I have no idea how Brees nor Stafford were affected by their respective injuries and which was more affected. No one can.

I have to know that I have no idea how Brees nor Stafford were affected by their respective injuries and which was more affected. No one can.

Throwing hand is not something you want to mess with as a QB. The point is both were affected from an injury. Glad Stafford can still play. People need to note that injury can cause poor performance. You guys disregard that sometimes and just blame Stafford.

Hill and Winston time for the Saints again.

Moving on to the Panthers. Speaking of injuries, Teddy is dealing with one too

Throwing hand is not something you want to mess with as a QB. The point is both were affected from an injury. Glad Stafford can still play. People need to note that injury can cause poor performance. You guys disregard that sometimes and just blame Stafford.

Hill and Winston time for the Saints again.

Moving on to the Panthers. Speaking of injuries, Teddy is dealing with one too

Making baseless assumptions with no personal experience is at once a way to evade intelligent discussion and invite ridicule. Why you do this is not worth pursuing.

Moving on, too.

He did play through 3 broken ribs for half..you can play through that pain without affecting throws as much as throwing hand injury. Then he broke 2 more ribs and collapsed his lung and was playing poorly and done.

The thumb isnt even broken so this entire argument is crap. If your thumb hurts get off the fucking field so the back up qb can complete the easy first down pass to the wide open guy at the sticks.

Can't believe you're such a hater. Clearly, Ford Field sun and wind affected the flip. Plus, out of the corner of Stafford's right eye, he saw a ref reaching for a flag to throw, in case he completed the pass.

Back