Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How Stafford stacks up though 2 games

hed be like 90% passer if you take out all the drops lol. I cant remember the last time we actually completed a streak down the sideline....its like we took all routes over 15 yds out of the playbook. I get it that the short pass game is an extension of our shitty run game.....but to completely eliminate the deep pass game cant be the answer. What are we paying a guy with a cannon arm that much money for if he never throws it over 5 yards?

Do we have anyone, besides CJ, that can catch the ball past 5 yards...or even catch the ball at all?

But we hardly throw a streak to CJ. He needs to air it out..68% completion % doesn't mean jack if your Y/A are so low.

hed be like 90% passer if you take out all the drops lol. I cant remember the last time we actually completed a streak down the sideline....its like we took all routes over 15 yds out of the playbook. I get it that the short pass game is an extension of our shitty run game.....but to completely eliminate the deep pass game cant be the answer. What are we paying a guy with a cannon arm that much money for if he never throws it over 5 yards?

Don't forget we also have a freakish talent at WR and still nothing going deep.

I'll take the accuracy over the deep balls. One or two deep routes is about all you hit a game anyway. Accuracy means extending drives, better red zone efficiency, and no picks.

Now if some of these idiots would drop their rock gloves and CATCH we'd be better off. *cough cough Bell*

I'll take the accuracy over the deep balls. One or two deep routes is about all you hit a game anyway. Accuracy means extending drives, better red zone efficiency, and no picks.

Now if some of these idiots would drop their rock gloves and CATCH we'd be better off. *cough cough Bell*

Short passes is good if we have players who can do something with it. Most don't. Short passes can backfire.

I think their game plan is kind of a 2 step process. It looks like they are trying to get teams to respect Bush and the short game to eliminate so many 2 deep safety looks. Once teams game planned for Bush, they would air it out a little more.

I think their game plan is kind of a 2 step process. It looks like they are trying to get teams to respect Bush and the short game to eliminate so many 2 deep safety looks. Once teams game planned for Bush, they would air it out a little more.

The problem with that is CJ will always get the double teams first. Teams will always play CJ over Bush. We just don't have a 2nd guy at WR that is a threat. Or a 2nd RB who can hang onto the ball and be a threat out of the backfield.

Their game plan is part of my 12 step process.

Don't forget we also have a freakish talent at WR and still nothing going deep.

So you want our QB to throw deep into double and triple coverage to accomplish what exactly?

Im sure NOBODY would have a problem if Stafford had 3 or 4 picks right now. Right? We would say how smart he is to try. Right?

Forcing throws or routes that are not there is dumb.

Stafford is proving that he is a complete QB. Taking what D's give him while being extremely accurate with his throws.

Not Staffs fault he has no other deep threat.

So you want our QB to throw deep into double and triple coverage to accomplish what exactly?

Im sure NOBODY would have a problem if Stafford had 3 or 4 picks right now. Right? We would say how smart he is to try. Right?

Stafford is proving that he is a complete QB. Taking what D's give him while being extremely accurate with his throws.

Mayhew

I'm waiting for the game where Staff actually does throw downfield on quite a few plays.

I want to see who Lions fans blame when he's sitting at 4-5 picks.

Mayhew-intense.jpg

These guys will NEVER be happy, bro....

These guys will NEVER be happy, bro....

Before the season they bitched because his completion percentage was sub 60% but now they bitch because.....I honestly can't even type their argument it defies intelligence.They should have won both games!!!!! The offense played well for all of the first game and most of the second. If not for dropped passes stafford would be over 70% and he already has improved his accuracy a ton. He is trying to get the ball to open space not his fault dudes dropped passes in the desert. When he has a bad game I will call it out but for now he is stepping into that elite category showing us the potential that was there all along. Dude is looking incredibly dangerous and you guys are pissed because he isnt throwing it far enough. He is in the top 10 in yards so he is obviously getting the ball to the right guy on most throws. Did I miss when Tom Brady always throws deep or Montana, or Elway or Young or Aikman or fucking anyone else. I mean seriously guys wtf!.

Back