Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I will say what others will not

Hungry said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
I'm his dad is hispanic, with the last name martinez.

Could be...or his dad's dad might've been hispanic and his dad might be half white and half hispanic, making Taylor only .25 hispanic

OR

his dad could be from Spain, which would make his dad European and not hispanic, as hispanic is derived from Spanish decent, people actually from Spain are not really considered Hispanic...only people from Latin America...

And...

There are still some people of Latin American descent who have no ethnic bloodlines to the indiginous peoples of North and Central America, but trace their origins directly back to Eurolpean/Spanish.

I've known a few people like this; they fancy themselves as being sort of aristocratic.

Hungry said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
I'm his dad is hispanic, with the last name martinez.

Could be...or his dad's dad might've been hispanic and his dad might be half white and half hispanic, making Taylor only .25 hispanic

OR

his dad could be from Spain, which would make his dad European and not hispanic, as hispanic is derived from Spanish decent, people actually from Spain are not really considered Hispanic...only people from Latin America...

I'm guessing his dads hispanic*

Not that I AM his dad lol.

But there's a ton of different ways probably. But it looks like he has a stick in his ass in the pic that got posted lol

I will say what others will not: all white people should be killed, except me.

I dont think we have the right QB, but the whole black qb thing is weird.

Red and Guilty said:
Where are these stats I see people talking about?

Well, I'm talking about if you look at NFL teams, you have like 32 teams and 28 of them start a white QB.

Probably 32 of them start a back RB.

Doesn't mean one of them can't be successful at the other position, but those are the stats that I'm talking about.

Has anyone ever stopped to think and realized that white players have been allowed to play QB for 60+ years more than black players? That is generation after generation after generation that was not allowed to learn the position and pass their knowledge down to their sons. So historical references here are basically complete and utter bullshit.

TheWolverines24 said:
Has anyone ever stopped to think and realized that white players have been allowed to play QB for 60+ years more than black players? That is generation after generation after generation that was not allowed to learn the position and pass their knowledge down to their sons. So historical references here are basically complete and utter bullshit.

I'm just looking at the raw numbers of who is playing who and not trying to come up with ideas of how it got that way.

60 years isn't generation after generation after generation, but I get your point. That's only like 2 generations...

I am NOT saying that black qb's can't succeed, I'm just looking at raw numbers. The OP is not saying that they can't work, just that, in general, they don't. Its his theory. He is entitled to believe it. Pointing out a few exceptions to the rule does not necessarily disprove the general rule.

Maybe in 30 years this won't be an issue.

"they" .... "exceptions to the rule" .... "the general rule" ....?

WTF?!

TheVictors03 said:
"they" .... "exceptions to the rule" .... "the general rule" ....?

WTF?!

Approximately 28 of 32 NFL teams start a white QB. The numbers grow even more disproportionate when you look at back-ups and college starters and their back-ups. Pointing out the obvious minority that aren't white and trying to use them as a way to disprove Mi_qb_u's theory doesn't really work.

I use the word, "they" because I am not a black QB. I can't really say "we" can I?

"Oh NO!!! Someone's talking about race!!!"

Give me a break. There are different races of people. To ignore this would be ignorant. Different races have different cultures. To ignore this would be ignorant to me. No one is saying that one race is better than another, just that there are differences amongst the races. I think that is pretty obvious.

talking about race: no big deal

generalizing based on racial stereotypes: complete and utter bigotry

Same goes for the racist assholes that look at standardized test results, then try to claim one group isn't "good at school," or unable to be educated. Try looking at student spending per pupil, the % of kids coming from broken families in those areas, or the prevalence of violence they face, and then tell me it's a result of race.

MichChamp02 said:

Same goes for the racist assholes that look at standardized test results, then try to claim one group isn't "good at school," or unable to be educated. Try looking at student spending per pupil, the % of kids coming from broken families in those areas, or the prevalence of violence they face, and then tell me it's a result of race.

Well, MI_QB_U is not saying that black qb's are bad people.

Like I said, I'm just looking at the numbers that are out there. There are 3,000 teams playing football. The vast majority start a white QB and have white QB's filling out the depth chart. I'm not hypothesizing on why that is or how that came to be and I'm not saying that it will never change.

Hungry said:
MichChamp02 said:

Like I said, I'm just looking at the numbers that are out there. There are 3,000 teams playing football. The vast majority start a white QB and have white QB's filling out the depth chart. I'm not hypothesizing on why that is or how that came to be and I'm not saying that it will never change.

ok. if that's all you're saying, and not trying to infer anything... right.

Mich_QB_U is saying they CAN'T succeed and DON'T.

Either he's being a bigot, or he was just sore over a bad loss, and wanted to bitch and blame someone for it.

I thought Denard played pretty well. Couple bad throws, but really that's not because he's black. The INT was off a tip, the ground-caused-fumble... meh... and I don't really blame a QB for obvious pass interference no-calls.

MichChamp02 said:
Hungry said:

ok. if that's all you're saying, and not trying to infer anything... right.

Mich_QB_U is saying they CAN'T succeed and DON'T.

Either he's being a bigot, or he was just sore over a bad loss, and wanted to bitch and blame someone for it.

I thought Denard played pretty well. Couple bad throws, but really that's not because he's black. The INT was off a tip, the ground-caused-fumble... meh... and I don't really blame a QB for obvious pass interference no-calls.

I think he made some poor decisions, both in the passing game and in the read option plays.

I doubt that has anything to do with his race.

Easily one of the hottest threads on the board, even if people are afraid to partake...

Back