Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I will say what others will not

You are correct about the white running backs. However, I've noticed that there are more Wes Welkers at WR in college and the NFL now.

wow. if a thread ever deserved to get locked, it's one like this. racist pig! lol j/k

MichChamp02 said:
Mich_QB_U said:
Black QBs really, for the most part, do not work.

define "work."

dumbest thread ever.

There are whole lot of really, really baaaaad jokes that could be made out of this.

But I ain't gonna touch it.

Josh, you can pick it up, if you wanna.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MichChamp02 said:
define "work."

dumbest thread ever.

There are whole lot of really, really baaaaad jokes that could be made out of this.

But I ain't gonna touch it.

Josh, you can pick it up, if you wanna.

LOL I try not to say anything about this stuff but this thread was dumb and out of frustration. I'll be bumping for sure it's bookmarked.

Acknowledging that there are generalities that support the QB and RB statements is not being racist but being statisticians. Similarly, "white men can't jump" is not racist even though there are many who can dunk a basketball and "blacks are aqua rocks" is not racist even though there are many who are very good swimmers. When was the last time a black swimmer won a gold medal at the Olympics? The statistics can be used to back up such comments and it is not being racist, just pointing out that there are some things that, in general, some races excel at and others do not. Believe it or not, there are even a few Asians who are good drivers. I don't think any live in NYC, but still...

He said what he thought, no big deal......as a strong black (Polish) man...I am only mildly offended :)

damfran said:
He said what he thought, no big deal......as a strong black (Polish) man...I am only mildly offended :)

Watch season two of the wire. Ya fuckin Polack lol

I could care less what color our QB's skin is as long as he wins... Unfortunately the last African American we had that won a lot for Michigan was Dennis Franklin.. 30-2-1 as a starter i think.
I know Demetrius Brown and Michael Taylor were decent and both won Bowl games and had winning records as QB's...Robinson has to be a tad over .500 as a starter Right? His numbers are fantastic but mostly against terrible teams and Notre Dame... I could care less if the player was from Mars.. I want a long winning streak... I don't care who does it..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I could care less what color our QB's skin is as long as he wins... Unfortunately the last African American we had that won a lot for Michigan was Dennis Franklin.. 30-2-1 as a starter i think.
I know Demetrius Brown and Michael Taylor were decent and both won Bowl games and had winning records as QB's...Robinson has to be a tad over .500 as a starter Right? His numbers are fantastic but mostly against terrible teams and Notre Dame... I could care less if the player was from Mars.. I want a long winning streak... I don't care who does it..
I'm fairly confident that we all want that...

I opened this thread expecting something terrible but really it was kind of rational. No racist comments or anything, didn't really back up his claim with stats but really think about it, are they as successful as white QBs? No, not in the passing game anyways. Most Black QBs are Dual threat QBs like Denard, Cam Newton, and Mike Vick. But there are also pocket passing Black QBs like Josh Freeman who are really successful.

Then on the other spectrum most White QBs are pocket passing guys that have success because they can sling it and are used in pro offense. There are also Mobile white QBs that are successful like Taylor Martinez and Tate Forcier.

It all depends on what offensive system someone plays in though truly. Last year we played Spread offense strictly and Denard was a heisman Candidate. This year we ask him to pass more and he struggles with it because it is completely different.

If we implement more roll outs we could utilize his strengths with moving him around and getting him out of the pocket.

Hungry said:
Is Taylor Martinez white?

He looks fairly white.
Taylor-Martinez%255B1%255D.jpg

Warren+Moon.gif

"And yet I somehow managed to throw for over seventy-thousand yards as a professional QB. Which kind of makes me the greatest passer in the history of football but for a white dude named Brett Favre who just surpassed me by 500yds...still got Marino by a solid ten thousand and Joe Montana can suck it!"

I know, I know ... Warren Moon isn't black he's just Black.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
Hungry said:
Is Taylor Martinez white?

He looks fairly white.
Taylor-Martinez%255B1%255D.jpg

Yes. He looks white. I have a few associates at work like this. One of their parents is Hispanic while one is white. I don't know if this is the case with Taylor Martinez. They aren't truly white, even though they look white, just like I'm not truly white, even though I look white, as I am part Crow. We're all people, but it would seem ignorant to ignore their culture, as well.

The 1930 Cencus listed "Mexican" as a race for people from Mexico, or people whose parents were from Mexico.

Prior to and after that until 1970 people of Mexican descent were considered to be white.

This is from Wikipedia; it doesn't say what non-Mexican hispanics were listed as, but in 1930 and probably until 1970 I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Americans of Latin American descent traced their heritage to Mexico.

The 2010 Cencus included the sentence "for this Cencus Hispanic origins are not races," in an attempt to "distinguish Hispanic ethnicity as not being a race."

I worked on the Cencus in the summer of 2010, and I remember that personally, as well.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I'm his dad is hispanic, with the last name martinez.

Could be...or his dad's dad might've been hispanic and his dad might be half white and half hispanic, making Taylor only .25 hispanic

OR

his dad could be from Spain, which would make his dad European and not hispanic, as hispanic is derived from Spanish decent, people actually from Spain are not really considered Hispanic...only people from Latin America...

Back