Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

From River Rouge to the banks of the Red Cedar. Welcome (back) to MSU (for now) Nick Marsh. That should bump the 2024 class into the top 50 (currently 51).

I guess Dylan Williams didn?t commit today at 4:30, or any other time during the day.

From River Rouge to the banks of the Red Cedar. Welcome (back) to MSU (for now) Nick Marsh. That should bump the 2024 class into the top 50 (currently 51).

I guess Dylan Williams didn?t commit today at 4:30, or any other time during the day.

He committed at 430. Just not to us

He committed at 430. Just not to us

Right, I knew he committed to Oregon, I should have said ??to MSU at 4:30.? Thanks for clarifying. I don?t understand why anyone follows these crystal ball trends. j2x didn?t hedge even a little bit - it was basically a done deal according to that post.

Last edited:
Huh? Signed the 19th rated class by average recruiting rank 5 months ago. 24th overall, despite being only 16 recruits.

Dylan Williams (Long Beach Poly, CA), 4 star LB, #181 overall recruit is commtting to MSU tomorrow at 4:30, at 5:00 Nick Marsh, 4 star WR, #100 overall is committing to MSU. So we've got some momentum back.

Jason Brown, #92 overal all player, 4 star RB from Seattle is coming up next, should be a Spartan before then end of the month, but that's less a sure thing than both tomorrow.

Is July over yet? Because Jason Brown still hasn't committed to MSU but he did name US in his top 3 today along w/ Oregon and his home town University of Washington. I wonder how his decision will be impacted by Oregon and Washington joining the B1G or what he'll be thinking if Washington clown stomps us a month from now...

And so it begins - just two embarrassing losses into the season and we've already had our first decommit for 2024...

4 star safety Reggie Powers III has decided to re-open his recruiting.

No big deal really, we're pretty well set in the defensive secondary. And the other silver lining - we only have 2 more 4 stars to lose in the 2024 class so it can't be as bad as last year...

as a follow up to my prior post, not only is July over but August is as well and September's about to end - still no commitment from Jason Brown. And since that post we were indeed clown stomped by Washington, another team in his top 3.

According to this piece cornerback Camren Campbell decommitted the day before Tucker was fired. No big deal again because we're so deep at d-back and we have Barnett coaching them.

It also says Nick Marsh and Jamari Howard decommitted before all this controversy. Howard is one we knew about but this is the first I'm hearing about Marsh since he recommitted in July. According to this from on3, he recently visited Colorado for their game against USC last week so even if he hasn't decommitted, it sounds like at a minimum he's in play and actively entertaining other teams' interest. Marsh seems like a real prima donna, comitting, decommitting, recommitting and now taking visits to other schools...

Last edited:
Despite showing up and barely losing to quality B1G opponent Rutgers, MSU suffers it's third and fourth decommits in the post Mel Tucker era.

Around lunch time yesterday, Syair Torrence, 3 star defensive back announced he's reopening his recruitment, specifically stating "Praying I find a stable, consistent football home as my journey continues." Well Syair, MSU football is definitely not that.

Shortly after that announcement, 4-star offensive lineman Andrew Dennis let everyone know he has decommitted and reopened his recruiting saying, "As everyone knows, the fear of the unknown is scary." Yes it is Dennis, but what does that have to do with MSU football? What's unknown about the program? I'd say it's never been more known and obvious. But it still probably makes sense for you to reconsider your choice.

So far, that's 2 of 3 four stars (does anyone think Nick Marsh is going to stick with his commitment?) and 3 of 4 defensive backs (a position of significant need). Whoever we hire better be able to work some magic in the portal because the cupboard is gonna be pretty bare.

Last edited:
Despite showing up and barely losing to quality B1G opponent Rutgers, MSU suffers it's third and fourth decommits in the post Mel Tucker era.

Around lunch time yesterday, Syair Torrence, 3 star defensive back announced he's reopening his recruitment, specifically stating "Praying I find a stable, consistent football home as my journey continues." Well Syair, MSU football is definitely not that.

Shortly after that announcement, 4-star offensive lineman Andrew Dennis let everyone know he has decommitted and reopened his recruiting saying, "As everyone knows, the fear of the unknown is scary." Yes it is Dennis, but what does that have to do with MSU football? What's unknown about the program? I'd say it's never been more known and obvious. But it still probably makes sense for you to reconsider your choice

So far, that's 2 of 3 four stars (does anyone think Nick Marsh is going to stick with his commitment?) and 3 of 4 defensive backs (a position of significant need). Whoever we hire better be able to work some magic in the portal because the cupboard is gonna be pretty bare.

Hey, that was Rich Rod?s excuse and I think that he has TM?d it. And he just might sue.

Some alternatives:

The soil is fallow
The grain silo is empty
No one wants to play for MSU

Hey, that was Rich Rod?s excuse and I think that he has TM?d it. And he just might sue.

Some alternatives:

The soil is fallow
The grain silo is empty
No one wants to play for MSU

I think Sarah Catherine Martin beat him to it by a little over 200 years. Can you TM a two-centuries old idiom?

I think Sarah Catherine Martin beat him to it by a little over 200 years. Can you TM a two-centuries old idiom?

Good question. Won?t prevent Rich Rod from suing, though. But it also appears he?s found his niche at Jacksonville State.

Good question. Won?t prevent Rich Rod from suing, though. But it also appears he?s found his niche at Jacksonville State.

he can have all the income I generate from DSF - all of it, not just the money attributable to this TM violating thread.

Huh? Signed the 19th rated class by average recruiting rank 5 months ago. 24th overall, despite being only 16 recruits.

Dylan Williams (Long Beach Poly, CA), 4 star LB, #181 overall recruit is commtting to MSU tomorrow at 4:30, at 5:00 Nick Marsh, 4 star WR, #100 overall is committing to MSU. So we've got some momentum back.

Jason Brown, #92 overal all player, 4 star RB from Seattle is coming up next, should be a Spartan before then end of the month, but that's less a sure thing than both tomorrow.

Doesn't look like we have that momentum anymore...

Melting down? I think you misunderstand. Half the motivation behind this is me just having a little fun documenting the shit show that is MSU football - on the field and in recruiting. I try to have a sense of humor about these things and in case it's not obvious, lay a heaping dose of sarcasm into these posts.

Johnny doesn't really meltdown either (at least not here). He just disappears for weeks or months at a time when things don't go the way his "insiders" tell him. Then he comes back awhile later to share his expertise and latest inside information as if his track record wasn't worse than a middle of the road batting average.

That's the other half of the motivation - trolling him and letting him know, when he does come back that some people know he's full of shit.

Last edited:
It's not all bad news...

Barnett and MSU pick up a verbal commitment from 0 star Murfreesboro, TN 2024 DB Keshawn Williams. Keshawn chose MSU over Austin Peay, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia State, Tenn St and Tenn Tech. Go Green!

To be fair to young Keshawn, he missed his entire junior season due to a knee injury and was a late riser in recruiting ranks this year scoring a recent visit to Alabama and attention from some other schools but has committed to MSU before any of them offered him. We'll see if any of them do.

Last edited:
DT Simeon Barrow steps away from the program, expected to enter the portal according to Harlan Barnett. At least we still have Maverick Hanson and don't forget Cal Haladay backstopping the line.

Last edited:
Apparently it's official - Barrow has entered the portal as of this morning.

In addition, LT Keyshawn Blackstock who hasn't played since the Maryland game also entered the portal this morning. Blackstock came to MSU in January as a JuCo All-American transfer.

Players have up to 30 days after Mel's firing to transfer. If I'm not mistaken, that means there are 4 more days (including today) for players to enter the portal.

They have the option to come back after MSU hires a new coach, making these Urban Meyer negotiations that much more critical. (#sarcasm)

Last edited:
Apparently Barrow pulled out of the portal on Thursday and was welcomed back to the team sans his captaincy.

composite 4 star running back Anthony Carrie decommits from MSU and reopens his recruiting.

Carrie was originally a 3 star but it looks like he got bumped to a composite 4 star since he committed. That makes 7 total decommits on the year and leaves just one 4 star in the class of 8 remaining commits. On the bright side, our recruiting class is still top 100 and is currently 13th out of 14 in the B1G!!! Good thing our staff is so good with player development...

Last edited:
Back