Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

yeah, it's weird because I don't recall ever hearing about him committing. Saw somewhere that he committed in early September last year but there isn't anything about it on this thread around that time. Maybe I have the timing wrong or it's in another thread and i just missed it but seems like his commitment would have been a bigger deal

Last edited:
yeah, it's weird because I don't recall ever hearing about him committing. Saw somewhere that he committed in early September last year but there isn't anything about it on this thread around that time. Maybe I have the timing wrong or it's in another thread and i just missed it but seems like his commitment would have been a bigger deal

Probably because it was in season.

Do you like apples? Well we just landed the top ranked recruit in the entire state of Rhode Island and the 57th ranked corner in the country.

How ?bout them apples, eh? Happy 4th of July Spartan fans. I wonder if the staff swung by Deleware on the way home to see if they had any unsigned 3 stars left.

Last edited:
Do you like apples? We just landed the top ranked recruit in the entire state of Rhode Island and the 57th ranked corner in the country.

How ?bout them apples, eh? Happy 4th of July Spartan fans. I wonder if the staff swung by Deleware on the way home to see if they had any unsigned 3 stars left.

Justin Denson, 6-2, 190 lb CB/S who ran a laser timed 4.51 and just got invited to the All American game. Had offers from Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Florida, Miami, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida State, and Texas A&M among his 40+ offers. Won MVP for the DB group in a Gerogia camp with top shelf talent to earn his All American status. This is a great get and will be a compostie 4 star get when it's all said and done.

Nick Marsh is rejoining the class Friday, so that's pretty good too.

Justin Denson, 6-2, 190 lb CB/S who ran a laser timed 4.51 and just got invited to the All American game. Had offers from Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Florida, Miami, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida State, and Texas A&M among his 40+ offers. Won MVP for the DB group in a Gerogia camp with top shelf talent to earn his All American status. This is a great get and will be a compostie 4 star get when it's all said and done.

Nick Marsh is rejoining the class Friday, so that's pretty good too.

Florida offered him twice? You'd make a good grad assistant with you're ability to do complicated math, like add 10lbs to actual reported weights and look up stories about laser timed 40s. Lots of collegiate track teams are full of faster kids that can't cover or catch.

I'm sure Alabama's scout team is loaded with 3 star talent. All those other teams with the possible exception of Oklahoma have some history but are either once great also rans or currently only a little ahead of where we are in their rebuilds.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I think there's a reason the headline mentioned he's the top rated player in a state less than 1/3 the population of metro Detroit.

Last edited:
That all american game invite is impressive.

As far as Marsh, this will be his 2nd commitment to msu. When he actually steps foot on campus I'll acknowledge his commitment.

We also have to play 12 football games before any of these kids sign a letter of intent or step foot on campus. There were some pretty big changes to the 2023 class after the shit show we put on the field last year.

Last edited:
We also have to play 12 football games before any of these kids sign a letter of intent or step foot on campus. There were some pretty big changes to the 2023 class after the shit show we put on the field last year.

All the recruiting momentum that was created by Kenneth Walker was undone by Tucker and his staff

All the recruiting momentum that was created by Kenneth Walker was undone by Tucker and his staff

Huh? Signed the 19th rated class by average recruiting rank 5 months ago. 24th overall, despite being only 16 recruits.

Dylan Williams (Long Beach Poly, CA), 4 star LB, #181 overall recruit is commtting to MSU tomorrow at 4:30, at 5:00 Nick Marsh, 4 star WR, #100 overall is committing to MSU. So we've got some momentum back.

Jason Brown, #92 overal all player, 4 star RB from Seattle is coming up next, should be a Spartan before then end of the month, but that's less a sure thing than both tomorrow.

Huh? Signed the 19th rated class by average recruiting rank 5 months ago. 24th overall, despite being only 16 recruits.

Dylan Williams (Long Beach Poly, CA), 4 star LB, #181 overall recruit is commtting to MSU tomorrow at 4:30, at 5:00 Nick Marsh, 4 star WR, #100 overall is committing to MSU. So we've got some momentum back.

Jason Brown, #92 overal all player, 4 star RB from Seattle is coming up next, should be a Spartan before then end of the month, but that's less a sure thing than both tomorrow.

I guarantee Williams doesn't commit to msu. That was Thind playing you fools on that site once again. He's been all Oregon for a long time.

Last year was a disaster on the field that had a significant, obvious and undeniable (by most) impact on recruiting. And it's not just the high profile decommits - the size of the class is part of the problem. They either have to have a much higher hit rate or do a better job developing the incoming players - something the staff has not shown an ability to do thus far. Kenneth Walker was good for 5 or 6 wins by himself, and the staff gets no credit for his development. He's the best plug and play player we've had since Charles Rogers.

I'm not ready to throw in the $100mm towel on Tucker yet and it's not reasonable to expect much, if any impact from any of these freshman or the class as a whole, but if he has another sub .500 season this year, particularly if it's 4 wins or less, this class will be a flash in the pan like 2016 and we'll be lucky to recruit top 40 classes.

Last edited:
and let's put this momentum talk into context - we're not even in the top 50 for 2024 right now. osu, uofm, psu, etc already have 1.5 to 2x the commitments we have for 2024. Even if we fill the class out, there's no way we come close to the 0 & 17 or 4 & 12 five and four stars commits (so far) for uofm and osu.

That makes it even more important that we don't lay an egg again on the field this season.

Last edited:
We were sitting around the top 10 nationally last year in recruiting before the season started.

I'm just waiting for the 247 msu guys to last second switch their crystal balls to Oregon to keep their 100%

Yup just like I predicted, those 2 247 sleezebags both changed their crystal balls back right before Williams committed to Oregon. Johnny, why do you honestly give those clowns your money. They're just playing people like you. I'm sure they'll give you the "Oregon gave him a bag at the last minute" bs that they always do.

Back