Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

True, but a good coach can turn them around a lot easier than that same coach could turn MSU around. Florida produces way more in-state talent, they?re not the clear 2nd option, they?re in a better conference, they?re more of a national brand and they have the weather advantage.

Edit: they currently have the 10th ranked class and I bet they?ve out-recruited us just about every year even post Tebow.

Currently, both Florida and Miami have top 10 classes - #9 and #4, respectively. Hard to imagine we will finish much higher than low 20s/high teens. Certainly better than what we're used to under the prior regime, but we had #23 class last year with almost no freshman contribution - not that you expect much especially considering that ranking was largely due to bringing in a ton of 3 star athletes. The staff is going to have to show some ability to develop these kids over the next couple years.

I wonder if this means we?re no longer trying to flip Moore - doesn?t look like he?s signed an LOI yet.

Moore is deciding between UCLA and Oregon, leaning UCLA. MSU is no longer recruiting him. Moore has had an eventful recruitment. Was a silent commit to ND, then looked to be trending to Miami, the Oregon swooped in and landed him, then he was looking around and MSU made contact, but UCLA seems like the place he'll end up.

CA 3 star Safety Sean Brown committed to MSU today. 6-3, 195 lbs and ran a 10.90 100 meters in track. Good ball skills and closing speed, a little raw in his coverage skills.

Blackstock is making a decision soon, we land him and we'll move into the top 20 for class rank. I think there might be a surprise or two before next Wednesday or late signing day.

So, Kiyaunta Goodwin, 5 star OT from Kentucky has entered the transfer portal. This is the guy who made his commitment and all day affair because he couldn't decide between UK and us. and he even waited until the very last day to send his LOI in because he still wasn't sure which school he wanted to go to. I would hope MSU is the first team to call him.

Edit: And it must have already been set up, he's transferring to Louisville.

Last edited:
So, Kiyaunta Goodwin, 5 star OT from Kentucky has entered the transfer portal. This is the guy who made his commitment and all day affair because he couldn't decide between UK and us. and he even waited until the very last day to send his LOI in because he still wasn't sure which school he wanted to go to. I would hope MSU is the first team to call him.

He couldn't get on the field with Kentucky who hasd line issues this year. They brought in a transfer from Northern Illinois to play left tackle next year because he isn't good enough. Why should we call him?

He couldn't get on the field with Kentucky who hasd line issues this year. They brought in a transfer from Northern Illinois to play left tackle next year because he isn't good enough. Why should we call him?

Goodwin is an elite talent still, they probably already knew he was transferring that's why they brought in the transfer.

He struggled with his weight, but was still getting snaps. 6-8, 335 lb guys with that athleticism and quickness are rare. I still think he'll be an NFL tackle.

Goodwin is an elite talent still, they probably already knew he was transferring that's why they brought in the transfer.

He struggled with his weight, but was still getting snaps. 6-8, 335 lb guys with that athleticism and quickness are rare. I still think he'll be an NFL tackle.

They had to move their left guard to left tackle because he couldn't cut it. I'm certain they were bringing in the transfer regardless. Why else would he enter the portal the day AFTER the transfer committed?

They had to move their left guard to left tackle because he couldn't cut it. I'm certain they were bringing in the transfer regardless. Why else would he enter the portal the day AFTER the transfer committed?

He was a true freshman this season, you don't give up on a kid that quickly. Very few O Linemen play as true freshman, even 5 stars.

And it sounds like 4 star JUCO OT Keyshawn Blackstock, 6-5, 310 is already on board and it's going to go public some time this weekend. Love this pickup, he will start and gives us some depth.

Moore is deciding between UCLA and Oregon, leaning UCLA. MSU is no longer recruiting him. Moore has had an eventful recruitment. Was a silent commit to ND, then looked to be trending to Miami, the Oregon swooped in and landed him, then he was looking around and MSU made contact, but UCLA seems like the place he'll end up.

CA 3 star Safety Sean Brown committed to MSU today. 6-3, 195 lbs and ran a 10.90 100 meters in track. Good ball skills and closing speed, a little raw in his coverage skills.

Blackstock is making a decision soon, we land him and we'll move into the top 20 for class rank. I think there might be a surprise or two before next Wednesday or late signing day.

That was sarcasm about Moore - I don?t think anybody here thought we had a shot at him.

Good to hear we have another corner that can?t cover though (that was sarcasm too, of course - we need serious help in the defensive backfield).

Last edited:
2021 Rivals 5 star DT, Tunmise Adeleye is announcing his transfer to MSU today. #7 overall ranked transfer. Obvious day 1 starter. He stared at TAMU as a true freshman. Hot banged up last year. Trained with Jordan in high school. 6-4, 295 lbs, but moved out to DE for TAMU at times. As elite of a talent as we've landed since Malik McDowell. Miami was in the thick of it, but I think the relationship with Jordan won out over the bag of cash. I'm sure we gave him a smaller bag of cash too though.

Also, we?re in on Goodwin still. He?s not a done deal to Louisville.

Just the craziest recruiting season ever for MSU. They got wind Javant Brown, 4 star LB from FL was a potential flip candidate to Kentucky on signing day, so the staff yanked his scholarship and he decommitted. The Harris twins, 2 4 star LBs that picked UCF over us, decommitted and are now heading to either Maryland or Arkansas. MSU was in on them, no idea if we'll get back in it.

Blackstock is still thought to be part of the class, not sure when he'll announce, probably tomorrow.

There are still a few other spots we might fill for the late signing period, no idea really, it seems like new names pop up daily.

Last edited:
Blackstock picks MSU and signs. He's the #1 rated JUCO OL in the class and we beat USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Tennessee for him. He'll start at RT on day 1 of Spring practice. Very athletic at 6-5, 310 lbs.

The Tunmise Adeleye is going down to the wire, all crystal balls on MSU, but Miami is offering a bag so who knows, still think he's 60-40 to MSU, but not as sure of a thing as the insiders thought a day ago.

We have the worst "insiders" in college. They're consistently wrong and will flip their msu crystal ball at the last second to keep their % high. Why people like you pay money for that trash amazes me.

We have the worst "insiders" in college. They're consistently wrong and will flip their msu crystal ball at the last second to keep their % high. Why people like you pay money for that trash amazes me.

Sounds like Tunmise to MSU is a done deal according to the Miami insiders. Announcement coming any time. Instant starter at DT. We also added Florida State DT transfer Jarrett Jackson at 6-6, 305 lbs, and Liberty (Formerly an Auburn guy) DT Dre Butler at 6-5, 300. So 3 transfer DTs added.

It's an excellent 15 man high school class that has 9 composite 4 stars and is in the top 25, and we'll be looking to add another couple players to it.

Added depth with some transfers. Still in on a couple of starter quality transfers, specifically Reggie Pearson, an instant safety starter who we probably lead for. And a FBS all American CB who is a bit of a longer shot named Zy Hamilton.

Getting the O Line class of Ramil, Blackstock, and Dellinger is a big upgrade. DL class is also stacked. The QB we flipped in the last few weeks is a major coup, kid is a stud. Missed on our top S and RB targets. Really like the 2 late WRs we added, really good players. And Jordan Hall is a great MLB prospect who was the first 3 time captain at IMG Academy in FL.

And we had to hold off Auburn, and a few other SEC schools for Ramil, he's a stud at 6-7, 310 lbs who played on the best high school team in Alabama. He was a standout the past week at the Alabama-Mississippi high school All star game and was dominant even while going up against 5 star DEs.

Oklahoma kept on Jobe until the end, but he stuck with MSU and signed.

When's the last time MSU signed composite 4 stars from Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, and Michigan in one class?

Last edited:
Back