Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

Well maybe we got Hockenson to cover hail Mary’s ! Is he tall . Heck I just don’t know what to think. I expected defense.

Last edited:
Others here have said many of the following and I second it. I think it?s the second worst pick you could have made next to taking Rashaun Gary. If you take a TE in the top 15 he damn well better be a fringe HOFer at worst. Also, this is literally it for Stafford as dubbsco said. No more bullshit excuses whatsoever about not having talent around him. If you can?t win with Calvin, Tate, Marvin Jones, multiple first round TE picks, Golladay, pro bowl OL signings, etc. then it?s never going to happen and the whole thing should be blown up. Anything less than 9 wins this year should be viewed as unacceptable, the clock is ticking.
9 wins? They better win a division or get a playoff win or both.

Last time lions took a tight end in the top 10 in the draft. They went 11-5

Well maybe we got Hockenson to cover hail Mary’s ! Is he tall . Heck I just don’t know what to think. I expected defense.

I know what to think.

I feel horrible for fans like Tony and the people who care a lot about this team and give them money and their time and want a winner. And they continue to do this "we are smarter than everyone" bullshit. This pick is a slap in the face to all of us. They have taken THREE FUCKING tight ends in the first round in the last decade. How many tight ends in the history of the NFL have been taken in the top ten?? It RARELY happens, and for a fucking reason. They are a LUXURY. This team had SO MANY more needs.

I'm embarrassed and I feel bad for everyone who puts up with this shit.

Last edited:
For most of his career Stafford has had weapons, does anyone think this TE is suddenly make him a winner? The defense is still in the bottom half of the NFL.

Last time lions took a tight end in the top 10 in the draft. They went 11-5

Which would be relevant if said tight end finished with more than 2 catches per game and had any real impact on that season.

Not a fan of the pick BUT again, just like the Ebron pick, I get it lol. Big need and acquired a kid that excels at pass catching and is a devastating run/pass blocker.
I fully believe once Q. Williams, White and Allen were gone on defense then Hockenson was the pick. Probably a discussion of Hock, Oliver and maybe a Jonah Williams? I'm not losing it over the pick but I'm not quite feeling it yet. This one is going to have to grow on me lol

I honestly believe one of the reasons the Ebron pick failed in such spectacular fashion was the way the fans hated him for not being Aaron Donald. Clearly the guy CAN plan... he just never DID play for us for shit.

There are two kinds of players when the fans are booing them... the kind that shrivels up and hides from it, and the kind that uses it for fuel to prove everyone wrong.

Ebron shriveled and hid. Let's see what Hockenson does with it. If he's the workhorse everyone claims he is, all that anger may just pump him up.

I honestly believe one of the reasons the Ebron pick failed in such spectacular fashion was the way the fans hated him for not being Aaron Donald. Clearly the guy CAN plan... he just never DID play for us for shit.

There are two kinds of players when the fans are booing them... the kind that shrivels up and hides from it, and the kind that uses it for fuel to prove everyone wrong.

Ebron shriveled and hid. Let's see what Hockenson does with it. If he's the workhorse everyone claims he is, all that anger may just pump him up.

Reason #213 you don't take a TE in the first round. More often than not it's a position that doesn't see immediate impact (Olson, Ebron, etc). Is this really a team that can just wait around for a 1st round pick to develop?

Last edited:
I don't love the pick, but I think this guy will catch on right away. With everybody on offense having to digest a brand new playbook I like his chances of starting and making an immediate impact on offense. Now let's go get Winovich in round 2!!

Back