Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

Hockenson is a Full QIB aka Quinn Influenced Benchmarks.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/25/every-qib-qualifier-from-the-2019-nfl-draft-class/
Every QIB qualifier from the 2019 NFL draft class.
Erik Schlitt LionsWire

Of the 26 players Quinn has drafted - 2 QB, LS and FB don?t have QIB numbers, so of the 22 who could qualify, 20 have qualified fully or partially ... the only two that didn?t were Antwione Williams and Teez Tabor.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbsiDQBez3S-Ne_ml6LcQvhzw47J90sQbjILP2pcSMA/edit#gid=0

Seems to me no one, or very few at most, seem to think Hockenson is a bad player, or will be a bust or isn't as good as he's billed. I've even seen writers say he compares to Kittle, but is probably a better blocker than Kittle was coming out of college.

The big dispute seems to be where he was taken rather than that he was taken.

My opinion, and i've said it before on this forum, is that since the rookie cap came in, there is no position out of the realm of possibility for any pick.

If you really believe you have a once in an epoch kicker whose leg is so good it can take you all the way to the SuperBowl... you can take him at #1 if you'd like. It's not an $80mm investment any more.

I disagree with "you can't X position in the top XX picks"... clearly you can, and teams are no longer having to worry about that huge payday when they do it.

Pick away.

Interesting that Greedy Williams is still sitting in the 2nd round? I saw many folks hyping this guy up. Some so high as in the 1st round. What's the tea on him?

Interesting that Greedy Williams is still sitting in the 2nd round? I saw many folks hyping this guy up. Some so high as in the 1st round. What's the tea on him?

Quick search came up with questions about his tackling...looks like he didn't make any pre-draft visits either.

Thinking Greedy or McCoy.

They wouldn't possibly pick DK, would they?

Announcers making fun of the Lions fans cheering the Hawaii pick..."oh yeah, that's our guy. I saw him at 3 in the morning once."

Back