Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

How much did you watch of the TE. And it not him that I'm complaining about, for the most part, but the spot he got picked.

I watched the kid for a couple years actually. No, I never watched every Iowa game but when I did watch, he was one of the reasons why. He plays as advertised. The BEST TE in college the last couple of years that does EVERYTHING well. A 3down TE that doesn't leave the field. The type of TE when on the field, opposing defenses don't know if it's a run or pass. That's what makes him special.
He is a top ten player by most experts. He was drafted exactly where he should have went. Especially when those 3 stud D players were off the board.

Pretty happy with the Austin Brant pick. Very good LB who could have gone a lot earlier. Lions are looking to build the LB corps.

Didn't he play DE primarily in college, or am I crazy?

Last edited:
I watched the kid for a couple years actually. No, I never watched every Iowa game but when I did watch, he was one of the reasons why. He plays as advertised. The BEST TE in college the last couple of years that does EVERYTHING well. A 3down TE that doesn't leave the field. The type of TE when on the field, opposing defenses don't know if it's a run or pass. That's what makes him special.
He is a top ten player by most experts. He was drafted exactly where he should have went. Especially when those 3 stud D players were off the board.

Ok.

Pretty happy with the Austin Brant pick. Very good LB who could have gone a lot earlier. Lions are looking to build the LB corps.

Didn't he play DE primarily in college, or am I crazy?

He's DL from what I gather...

I don't remember him ever playing LB. He was essentially 1/4 of the best D-Line in college football.

Good pick...and ya he was the DE opposite Ferrill. Dropped for numerous reasons...see some of the weaknesses below. Worst of the 4 dlinemans coming out of clemson...he had a higher grade last year if i remember right. Hes the guy that stayed and lost draft status due to everyone around him excelling.

Strengths
Uses length as a weapon
Long-strider with ability to eat up turf in upfield rush
Stabs and separates to prevent being punched
Alters approach speed as rusher to create uncertainty
Corners the edge with decent ankle flexion
Flattens with plus burst to quarterback
Extended motor and plays until he hears a whistle
Traits and athleticism are built for twisting scheme
Knifes into alleys to disrupt zone-blocking schemes
Fights back against early adversity in the rep
Good use of hands to pry away from blocks and make tackles
Length and pursuit speed to track and tackle on perimeter

Weaknesses
Leggy, high-cut frame lacks body control
Balance and coordination are below average
Slow snap response and play diagnosis
Allows linemen to cross his face and reach him
Inconsistent bend with poor contact balance
Washes out of run fits and widenes out of gaps
Play strength must improve to become a starter
Excessive forward lean leads to imbalance as rusher
Plays too tall to convert speed to power consistently
Basic rush play with ineffective counters
Face-up rusher who needs a wider approach angle

He's DL from what I gather...

I think Mcshay called him a lb. Definitely a de. Played the last 7 games of the season with a torn pec, and still played well. Tough bastard, I like it. Should be a good rotational guy

Last edited:
I'll watch Endgame from my movie site when it gets there in a couple weeks. I hope its better than the last one I didn't like it at all.

Back