Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

Well, we took Oruwariye, a guy I really wanted us to take. So you know he's gonna suck. I have a long history of wanting us to draft the wrong guy.

The NFL is littered with great QBs who never won the big one, and it doesn't have a huge history of 6th round QBs who went to the hall of fame.

And let's not forget, when they took Brady off the board at 199, the Kipers of the world laughed at them too. This is a guy who never saw the field except for garbage time, he wasn't the starter at his school.

Belichick drafted the guys he believed in, no matter what the media said about it. And a lot of those guys were nobody's too.

Brady was never drafted to replace Bledsoe year one. An injury caused that. He was a long play that worked out extremely well.

I get all that but you said long term, years but they did it right away. Regardless the weird circumstances. If he does it long term he's going to be gone. And the new GM will have his own plan.

I'll take a 1 year victory lap like the Eagles and win a SB rather than 6-7 years of maybe we'll be good enough.

I get all that but you said long term, years but they did it right away. Regardless the weird circumstances. If he does it long term he's going to be gone. And the new GM will have his own plan.

Well, I will grant you that the first key to building a championship team year after year is the buy-inof the owners. If they are expecting a complete 180 turnaround in four years, usually it ends with fired coaches, new GMs etc...

When you're willing to give your team time to execute properly, you can get Ken Holland, who took a few years to build and then took us to 25 straight playoffs.

If the Ford family doesn't want to give Quinn time, he will probably be gone in a year or two. If they give him the time, I like where he's going.

For what it’s worth, everything is aligning and I think the Lions will either emerge or be totally dismantled after 2020.

Patricia is Quinn’s guy, I don’t think one survives without the other. Stafford can be easily traded/cut after 2020.

Of course the Lions are capable of deciding anything, but for once I’m not as worried about them holding over key pieces to the next regime if things go south (like they have been for at least the last decade or so).

Well, I will grant you that the first key to building a championship team year after year is the buy-inof the owners. If they are expecting a complete 180 turnaround in four years, usually it ends with fired coaches, new GMs etc...

When you're willing to give your team time to execute properly, you can get Ken Holland, who took a few years to build and then took us to 25 straight playoffs.

If the Ford family doesn't want to give Quinn time, he will probably be gone in a year or two. If they give him the time, I like where he's going.

Hockey is a different sport. Even though its a young playing sport not all the stars start their 1st year or 2 so it takes a bit of time. I've seen too many NFL teams that went from crap to awesome. We go from from crap to slightly used crap..

I love Amani Oruwariye where they got him. I had kind of forgotten he was in this draft.

I'd be willing to bet he's the 2nd highest graded player on most scouting websites among players the Lions draft over the course of all 7 rounds.

Last edited:
Love the Oruwariye pick...i think i had him mocked to us in rd 2 for a lot of the off season so crazy good value to get him where we got him. Not sure why he fell so far...any rumors out there?

hmmm i might have to start giving Quin credit for this draft after all is said n done. Theres some questionable moments:
Could you have dropped in rd 1 picked up a day 1 pick and still got a TE? Yes (maybe even Hockenson still)
Could Tavai had been had later? Probably. Was he a reach? Yes.
Do we really need another hybrid safety?...not at all
Austin Bryant and Oruwariye were great great value picks at positions of need.

After all is said n done...he hit on alot of needs. I personally wouldnt have picked a rd 1 TE but it definitely was a need and i wouldnt have been mad at Irv Smith as early as rd 2. He got an ILB, OLB, CB. And you cont really debate that Harris will be a multi faceted guy that at the bare minimum helps on ST.

Theres still some glaring post draft needs...pass rush will be an issue and unless they think Crosby is the guy then they still have a need at RG. WR depth is weak.

Last edited:
Love the Oruwariye pick...i think i had him mocked to us in rd 2 for a lot of the off season so crazy good value to get him where we got him. Not sure why he fell so far...any rumors out there?

All I've read is that he's a poor tackler

Last edited:
Weber, Higdon, or Scott are all Big Ten running backs I would have rather seen taken before Ty Johnson. Gross. Wonder what they like about him?

Fulgham is unknown to me. Reads like a big possession WR in what limited reports I've read in the last 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Weber, Higdon, or Scott are all Big Ten running backs I would have rather seen taken before Ty Johnson. Gross. Wonder what they like about him?

Fulgham is unknown to me. Reads like a big possession WR in what limited reports I've read in the last 10 minutes.

Johnson returns kicks, took one to the house against Michigan. Idk

Back