Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Hungry said:
DR said:
I just checked the setup for the new 12 team B1G Tournament. Top 4 seeds get a bye. It sure will be nice not having the...do we want a bye, or a first round matchup with a patsy to pad the win total...argument this year!

i was just thinking the same thing last night

I would rather have the bye. It saves on the wear and tear as well. Plus why risk a bad loss that would drop you a seed or 2

Mitch Mcgary's team is freaking stacked which is why i think his numbers are down sometimes. They had some close games finally in their last two games and he has stepped up his game a tad in these close games. here is the link and you will notice his last two games... The last game he had a 14 point, 9 rebound, and 7 block shots. The game before he had a 12 and 7 game but you will notice it was a rematch of the tv game verses Tilton and Noel only had 8 points... again this team is stack with D1 kids but one of them is unsigned and his name is in the summaries a lot. Forward JaKarr Sampson from (Barberton, OH) is unsigned and looks really good. anyway here are the summary pages..

http://www.brewsteracademy.org/default.aspx?RelId=607594

Not a big shock but JB just said Horford is done for the year. He is doing well at Half court practice but its not fair to him to burn his RS this late in the year. It's a shame because he was playing well when he got hurt.

wheels002 said:
Not a big shock but JB just said Horford is done for the year. He is doing well at Half court practice but its not fair to him to burn his RS this late in the year. It's a shame because he was playing well when he got hurt.

That being said, we'll have quite the infusion of players next season to try to make up for the loss of Stu and Novak

GR3, Mitch McGary, Nik Stauskus, Horford, Bielfeldt...any others?

Hungry said:
wheels002 said:

That being said, we'll have quite the infusion of players next season to try to make up for the loss of Stu and Novak

Heh, Brundidge, hopefully.

DR said:
Hungry said:

yah, no shit. Kind of a disappointment, eh? Wasn't he higher regarded than Burke?

Hungry said:
DR said:

yah, no shit. Kind of a disappointment, eh? Wasn't he higher regarded than Burke?

Yep, in most, if not all of the rankings. Although it was pretty easy to see that Burke was going to have a bigger impact based on style of play and need at UM. Of course I didn't think that would equate to nearly as big of an impact for Trey, or as little of one for Carlton.

GR3's team won in the opening round of their sectional by 10 over Munster a good team... They were down 29-23 at halftin=me and won 66-56.. I think Robinson was doubled teamed all night according to the article I read. They play a tough 10-10 East Chicago Central on friday That gave Lake Central fits in a 60-59 loss at E. Chicago.. Hopefully GR3's team keeps going..

http://indianahsbasketball.homestead.com/files/boysteams.htm

Hungry said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

He will be alright.

D. Walton is going to be a good one. Thing is, Burke needs help sooner than a year from now.

I'm getting afraid that we might not see two pg's on the roster until 2014 at the earliest.

GR3's team won tonight 73-52 over East Chicago Central a team they only beat 60-59 a few weeks ago.. They play the winner of Gary west and Highland team's the handled in the regular season by 25, and 29 on Saturday.

Nice, another matchup with Harris would be sweet.

Isn't Zak Irvin on that team too?

As expected Lake Central won 63-37 today... GR3's team moves on. While Harris's team was pummeled by Carmel in it's match-up 81-63 in a rematch of a game they had won a few weeks back by two...

Here is the indiana High school link.

http://www.johnharrell.net/boys.html

McGary's team lost its first game of the season and here is the recap from that game. 11/27 from the free throw line.. Yikes looks like a team that did not have very many pressure games in the regular season..

The boys varsity basketball team lost to a more disciplined Northfield Mount Hermon team in overtime in the NEPSAC Class AAA semifinals, 87-83. Brewster was led by unsigned guard Joe Bramanti (Andover, MA), unsigned forward JaKarr Sampson (Barberton, OH), and Florida State signee Aaron Thomas (Cincinnati, OH) who all contributed 15 points in the contest. Michigan-bound Mitch McGary (Chesterton, IN) and Xavier-signee Semaj Christon (Cincinnati, OH) each added 14 points in the contest. The Bobcats shot an abysmal 11-27 from the FT line. With the loss, the Bobcats drop to 30-1 on the season and will focus their attention on the National Prep Championships. Brewster, the #1 seed will play #8 seed Massanutten Military Academy at 4pm on Tuesday, March 6th. The event will be held at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven, CT.

I think this means that they can't win the state title in New Hampshire which is on Sunday but are in some type of national prep tournament... I could use a little help on this...

Here is also a article from ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/tag/_/name/brewster-academy-n-h

Back