Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

He has to be better at the 4 spot than anyone else we had last year. I heard he has had a hamstring problem.

I agree he can step right in...I have not heard about any gr3 injury's the article did say Mitch was battling weight and minor injuries.. Not surprising with all the basketball these guys play year round.. As a parent I wonder when to much is to much.. I know the NBA is the goal for these kids but I worry about just how many days a year can a body take..

Last edited:
From Sam Webb....

Re questions on Della Valle...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many have asked if Michigan will continue to pursue 2012 combo guard Amadeo Della Valle after picking up Spike Albrecht and retaining Trey Burke in recent days. At this point with what Michigan has at his position now (...I expect Tim Hardaway to be the two-guard next year and Della Valle has a similar skill-set to Stauskas)... and what they have coming in the future (Zak Irvin already in the fold in 2013)... it is my opinion that they'll move in a different direction.

More from Webb...

I wouldn't rule out the Wolverines still looking to add a post-grad Russell Wilson, Brandon Wood type if one materializes. The pursuit of such an option isn't nearly as urgent, but if a veteran guard with shooting/ballhandling ability emerged, I think they'd still give it a look. We'll keep our ear to the ground.

From Sam Webb....

Re questions on Della Valle...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many have asked if Michigan will continue to pursue 2012 combo guard Amadeo Della Valle after picking up Spike Albrecht and retaining Trey Burke in recent days. At this point with what Michigan has at his position now (...I expect Tim Hardaway to be the two-guard next year and Della Valle has a similar skill-set to Stauskas)... and what they have coming in the future (Zak Irvin already in the fold in 2013)... it is my opinion that they'll move in a different direction.

Well, supposedly, he's still headed into AA this weekend. We'll know more soon. I'm kind of hoping they don't take this guy. Just seems like they'd be better banking the scholarship and taking a higher rated guy later on. I know Ohio has offerred, but they have some open scholies like Michigan right now.

More from Webb...

I wouldn't rule out the Wolverines still looking to add a post-grad Russell Wilson, Brandon Wood type if one materializes. The pursuit of such an option isn't nearly as urgent, but if a veteran guard with shooting/ballhandling ability emerged, I think they'd still give it a look. We'll keep our ear to the ground.

do they really need a guard for next season? I just dont see any glaring holes anywhere. I wonder if they'd do better to add a 5th year guy to the front court.

Well, supposedly, he's still headed into AA this weekend. We'll know more soon. I'm kind of hoping they don't take this guy. Just seems like they'd be better banking the scholarship and taking a higher rated guy later on. I know Ohio has offerred, but they have some open scholies like Michigan right now.

Pretty much what I'm thinking as well. Obviously Della Valle is viewed as the much better talent, but I'm glad they got Spike.

do they really need a guard for next season? I just dont see any glaring holes anywhere. I wonder if they'd do better to add a 5th year guy to the front court.

Only position I'd be looking for is another point guard. Even with Spike, Burke getting injured would be the most damaging loss to the team. It would be nice to have a couple options in case that happens. I guess PF would be help too. I don't see any way Morgan or Horford play the 4, so that just leaves McGary or playing GRIII out of position. We know Beilein isn't afraid to do that, but having another big that can shoot would be nice. I agree though, they're not in desparate need of anything.

I like the thought of banking the scholarship or trying and get a 5th year guy. Della Valle may have had more offers then Albrecht but he was not on the court for Findlay's amazing comeback in the second half.. He sat just about most of the third and the rest of the game and over time practically. The kid plays no defense and I was not impressed by him..In my opinion he would hardly see the floor next year.. I guess he would add depth if there are injuries and maybe I am being to hard on the kid because other teams seem to want him..But with Walton coming in in 2013 I just don't know..

Last edited:
Robinson up to #11 on Rivals, McGary down to #30. Stauskus at #71.

ESPN just put out a top 25 for next year with Michigan at #5. I know there was one earlier with UM at #4, don't think I've seen them outside the top 10. Kind of crazy..

Robinson up to #11 on Rivals, McGary down to #30. Stauskus at #71.

ESPN just put out a top 25 for next year with Michigan at #5. I know there was one earlier with UM at #4, don't think I've seen them outside the top 10. Kind of crazy..

What about Albrecht? heheheh

yeah, that sure is counting on a lot to go right. I sure hope GR3 and MM live up to expectations.

plantar fasciitis is not good news either. could hamper him his whole career. hopefully with quality team physicians & trainers he can overcome it quickly when he gets to Ann Arbor.

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently he's growing...

the 6-foot-10, 260-pounder had nowhere to go but down.

The 6'9" vs 6'10" thing? He was measured 6'9" with no shoes on...he's listed at 6'10" across the board on all recruiting sites.

Last edited:
Decent article on recruiting in the state of Indiana. In it is an interesting name for the future; Eron Gordon, younger brother of former IU star Eric Gordon. He's only an 8th grader, but Michigan should have a great shot with him if they're interested. UM assistant Jeff Meyer was their father's college coach, and helped convince Eric to decommit from Illinois when he got hired by Indiana.

http://www.umhoops.com/2012/04/17/m...impact-with-indiana-underclassmen/#more-29377

Back