Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

GR3's team bows out in the regionals today 76-72 as they lost to South Bend Adams who is now 16-7.. Lake central finishes up at 21-3.. What is interesting is that in Indiana these games are played in the morning and the regional finals are played tonight at 8pm.. Talk about a grind.. Anyway your Indiana high school updates are now over.....

Recap of the national prep championship.. That Sampson player sounds really good who is uncommitted right now.. This paragraph is of intrest to Michigan fans .

Mitch McGary saved his best game of the tournament for the championship finishing with 12 points and at least that many rebounds, likely more. More than stats can show, McGary

Walton Sends 47 Point Message

By Josh Newkirk
GoBlueWolverine.com
Posted Mar 12, 2012

Michigan commit Derrick Walton scored 47 points in Chandler Park

Walton's team won tonight 66-37 and now get a date with Detroit Country Day on Wednesday and they were blasted 82-59..

oh my. i think i just....yes, i did.

Another big man that can jump, play in the post, and move outside and hit the three? Nice. I like the direction that beilein is going in (away from the morgan types).

I can't watch this at work, but all the clips I've seen so far have me very excited too. Maybe not THAT excited, but excited!

I feel very safe in saying that the first couple classes were by no means Beilein's dream selections, but for the most part just guys he could get. Amazing that so many of them turned out as good as they did.

Has anyone heard anything about Austin Hatch? I have wondered if he will ever really be able to play again. But considering all he has been through basketball is the least of his worries.

Seems like he's doing well overall, but basketball is still up in the air. From a UM perspective I'd consider him a 2014 recruit, if at all.

AA.Com

Despite Mitch McGary's slide, Michigan basketball's 2012 class rated higher than Michigan State's

Despite five-star power forward Mitch McGary's fall out of the top five to No. 21 overall, Scout.com rated John Beilein's three-man as the seventh-best class in the country Tuesday in its updated 2012 class rankings.

Michigan's 2012 group is three spots higher than Michigan State's four-man class.

Mitch McGary.
Part of the reason for Michigan's hold as a top 10 class resulted from the rise of its other two signees, Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas.

Robinson, a wing from Lake Central (Ind.) High School, moved inside Scout.com's top 30 recently as the 28th-best prospect in America. He's classified as a four-star prospect, but now finds himself just two spots from five-star status.

"I'm a big fan of (Robinson's) game in general," Scout.com national basketball recruiting analyst Evan Daniels told AnnArbor.com last month. "He's got a big, strong athletic body, he rebounds, he shoots well off the catch, and I think he'll also be a really good defender. He's a guy who I think has the potential to play in the NBA one day.

"I didn't think I had him high enough in the summer, but he's a guy who keeps getting better, and I think he'll have a great career."

Stauskas also made a significant leap, moving to No. 84 overall in the country. The 6-foot-6 Canadian-born combo guard is labeled as a four-star recruit.

Along with McGary, the 6-foot-10, 260-pound power forward from Brewster (N.H.) Academy, Michigan holds three prospects inside Scout's top 100.

Michigan State's 2012 class is led by five-star shooting guard Gary Harris (No. 11 overall). The Spartans' next highest signee is 92nd-ranked Matt Costello, followed by 98th-ranked Kenny Kaminski. MSU's fourth signee, Denzel Valentine, is not ranked inside Scout's top 100.

Indiana holds the top recruiting class in the Big Ten for 2012, according to Scout. The Hoosiers five-man crop, featuring three players inside the top 40, is ranked as the third-best in America.

Last edited:
Good article on Robinson...

http://annarbor.com/sports/um-baske...robinson-iii-peaking-at-the-right-t/?tw_p=twt

"Those guys believed in me before anyone else really did, and that means a lot," Robinson said. "I really knew I wanted to go there (right away), they have a great coaching staff and their job is to see how players might progress in their upcoming years, not necessarily what they are right now."

- sounds like a broken record at this point, but I love hearing it

"As far as next season goes, Robinson says he's currently putting in extra time on his 3-point shooting and his ball handling. He said the Michigan staff would like to use him as both a small forward and shooting guard next season, meaning he could be relied on to attack the rim off the dribble, distribute and score from deep."

- We'll see what happens when he gets here, but maybe those of us that view him as a 3/4 are going to have to adjust.

Good article on Robinson...

http://annarbor.com/sports/um-baske...robinson-iii-peaking-at-the-right-t/?tw_p=twt

"Those guys believed in me before anyone else really did, and that means a lot," Robinson said. "I really knew I wanted to go there (right away), they have a great coaching staff and their job is to see how players might progress in their upcoming years, not necessarily what they are right now."

- sounds like a broken record at this point, but I love hearing it

"As far as next season goes, Robinson says he's currently putting in extra time on his 3-point shooting and his ball handling. He said the Michigan staff would like to use him as both a small forward and shooting guard next season, meaning he could be relied on to attack the rim off the dribble, distribute and score from deep."

- We'll see what happens when he gets here, but maybe those of us that view him as a 3/4 are going to have to adjust.

Great article.... Man I love this kid....This whole class has a chance to be special and if Burke stays and we get some of our injured guys back this team will be deep and good... even without Burke I still think we will be ok... I trust JB...

Last edited:
Back