Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

I still wonder why the 2013 championship didn't bring in any good recruits...

Basketball awards ceremony was last night.

Bill Buntin Most Valuable Player: Moritz Wagner and Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman

Wayman Britt Outstanding Defensive Player: Zavier Simpson

Travis Conlan Sportsmanship Award: Duncan Robinson

Rudy Tomjanovich Most Improved Player: Zavier Simpson

Sixth Man Award: Duncan Robinson

Steve Grote Hustle Award: Zavier Simpson

Thad Garner Leadership Award: Duncan Robinson

Iron Man Award: Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman

Award for Outstanding Free Throw Shooting: Duncan Robinson

Morgan/Bodnar Brothers Award for Academic Achievement: Moritz Wagner

Gary Grant Award for Most Assists: Zavier Simpson

Loy Vaught Rebounding Award: Moritz Wagner

Last edited:
Ibi Watson is transferring, per his twitter

I guess that opens up a spot for Wagner now if he wants to come back ! He just is not good enough for regular minutes in the big ten in my opinion.

Last edited:
Ibi Watson had the best vertical on the team. Should be athletic enough and good enough to succeed at a smaller program. Good luck to the kid.

Yeah sorry I meant Watson. He is just buried in the depth chart. I do not think Wagner will stay but hey maybe he will !!

Last edited:
Matthews entered the draft without the agent. I expect it will be like Moe last year, which is exactly what Matthews should do. Go get his feedback on what he needs to work on and improve it for next season.

Let's hope so, or this could be devastating for this team next year. Like if Mo would have left last year. Most of us didn't care about DJ leaving, but most of us knew that if Mo left with him, we were toast this year. This is the same situation, I feel, that is happening now. Without Mo next year, we will be just fine, but if Matthews leaves too.............

Let's hope so, or this could be devastating for this team next year. Like if Mo would have left last year. Most of us didn't care about DJ leaving, but most of us knew that if Mo left with him, we were toast this year. This is the same situation, I feel, that is happening now. Without Mo next year, we will be just fine, but if Matthews leaves too.............

He's projected as a 2nd round pick in the 2019 draft. Crazy things happen with the NBA draft, but he's far more likely to return than to leave given current projections.

I really hope Mathews stays . I think he can get close to the first round with another year at Michigan.

Back