Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU and UM football

Get in a BCS conference and Boise St can see if they can contend week after week.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Get in a BCS conference and Boise St can see if they can contend week after week.

I'm not a Boise fan either nor do I believe they should ever play in a National Championship game but those guys do tend to win the big ones. I would put my $$ on Boise vs Michigan. I honestly don't believe Michigan deserves a BCS game nor do I think they will get one. They played in a foo foo cupcake conference and couldn't even reach the Championship game.

That's not the point though. They could beat Michigan, they could beat other top 20 teams. The point is could they get through a tougher conference week after week, still be ranked high enough to get a BCS. Maybe, maybe not but until they get through that they will always be looked at as a team who plays a week ass schedule.

503 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Get in a BCS conference and Boise St can see if they can contend week after week.

I'm not a Boise fan either nor do I believe they should ever play in a National Championship game but those guys do tend to win the big ones. I would put my $$ on Boise vs Michigan. I honestly don't believe Michigan deserves a BCS game nor do I think they will get one. They played in a foo foo cupcake conference and couldn't even reach the Championship game.

win the big ones ?? they lost to the only team in their conference worth a damn this year... TCU

BCS Games are all about filling seats....Michigan travels well.

they're a Sugar Bowl lock.

As far as Michigan, conference championship or not, they have a 10-2 record. With MSU or Wisconsin will get a 3rd loss. Playing in that game and lose and its a bit of disadvantage. Win though and its a huge gain.

SLICK said:
503 said:

win the big ones ?? they lost to the only team in their conference worth a damn this year... TCU

BCS Games are all about filling seats....Michigan travels well.

they're a Sugar Bowl lock.

Their not a lock. At all. They all ready play in a foo foo Conference and made it even worse playing Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan and San Diego State. No way in hell they deserve a BCS game. It ain't the 90's anymore, plenty of teams travel well.

tsmith7559 said:
isnt that what the all Big 10 teams do? see Wisc.,

Difference is Wisconsin survived the poor man fight and got them self into a Championship game. Michigan didn't.

503 said:
tsmith7559 said:
apparently Michigan took the better course, just like Alabama

Can't even compare the two. Try again

I'm sure Michigan will take the BCS payout over the Capital One bowl that MSU/Wisc will get...hence, the better course

I'm not sure there are many teams if any who travel better than Michigan. Plus coming back from 3 horrible seasons, a new coach and all that jazz. Who else would the Sugar bowl committee want over Michigan? Match made in heaven. Maybe msu shouldnt have lost a non conference game then.

503 said:
tsmith7559 said:
isnt that what the all Big 10 teams do? see Wisc.,

Difference is Wisconsin survived the poor man fight and got them self into a Championship game. Michigan didn't.

You want to argue msu on this fine, but UM didn't get a chance to play UW so your argument here holds no water.

The local idiot on the radio, The Huge Show (Bill Simonson), predicted 10-2 for Michigan and Michigan State before the season started. I think he also predicted MSU vs Wisconsin in the Title game. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

MSU if they lose won't even get the Capitol 1 game....they want Nebraska and their sea of Red.

some projections have MSU to the Alamo if they lose to Wisc.

also saying 1 team deserves over another is assinine.

you win 10 games , you get into the top 14 and it's out of your hands anyway , the old men on the committees choose who they want.

and cry and whine all you want , truth is Michigan travels well and fills seats.

503 said:
hankpav53 said:
10 win seasons for both of them... I wonder if that's ever happened before?

Both have shots at BCS bowls... wonder if that's happened either..

Glad to see football programs in this state at the top

p.s. go green ;-)

Michigan doesn't have a shot to play in a BCS Bowl game. Not a chance.

Ha, ha....are you 503Mikey from the old board? The Tennessee Volunteer fan who lives in Chicago?

Back