Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU and UM football

Michigan's going to the Sugar Bowl.. take it to the bank...

If Sparty loses saturday we're headed to: 30% capital one bowl... 70% outback bowl....

fuck

Haven't payed much attention but where is the title game played at between UW and MSU?

I'd rather play in the Big 10 Title Game+Outback Bowl than the Sugar Bowl against Houston lol. The bowl system is a joke, only thing that matters is conference championships unless you're playing in the title game. Anyone that disagrees can explain to me why a Big East team ever deserves an automatic BCS bid.

I think we all agree the bcs is a joke. And if Houston is considered a joke team then so is Boise St. But I'd still rather have a bcs bowl. And there is no guarantee MSU, for example, will get a better team in the outback.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]AP out, Michigan at 17 so they dropped. Ugh.

BCS Standings is all that matter...AP carries some but little weight.

by the end of all the League Champ games , they'll be in the top 14.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]AP out, Michigan at 17 so they dropped. Ugh.

I realized that but thanks. The loser in the B1G we should pass as well as Georgia when they get beat by LSU so UM should be okay.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
SLICK said:

I realized that but thanks. The loser in the B1G we should pass as well as Georgia when they get beat by LSU so UM should be okay.

ya...I dont get when you win you drop...always baffled me

Thats what happens when you play shitty teams like ohio state in a close game and wisky creams a 2 loss team. They should lock the bcs standings after the regular season. Loser of the championship game getting punished for playing an extra game is crap. If lsu loses then alabama gets to go to the national champ game and lsu might not....its crap lol. Same thing in the big 10...mich will jump the loser and they didnt even play in their own leagues champ game. Retarded.

Michigan dropped from 15 to 16 in the BCS standings. But it sounds like all of the "experts" say they will go to the Sugar Bowl if/when they crack the Top 14.

mhughes0021 said:
Thats what happens when you play shitty teams like ohio state in a close game and wisky creams a 2 loss team. They should lock the bcs standings after the regular season. Loser of the championship game getting punished for playing an extra game is crap. If lsu loses then alabama gets to go to the national champ game and lsu might not....its crap lol. Same thing in the big 10...mich will jump the loser and they didnt even play in their own leagues champ game. Retarded.

Guarantee LSU is in the title game win or lose.

I think u Michigan people are a little too hype on Wolverine football. I feel u w the turn around and a 10 win team but view the resume. They're not that good. Robinsons deep ball looks worse then Tebows. He struggles hitting his coaching staff on a side line route let alone a WR. He's light weight garbage

503 said:
I think u Michigan people are a little too hype on Wolverine football. I feel u w the turn around and a 10 win team but view the resume. They're not that good. Robinsons deep ball looks worse then Tebows. He struggles hitting his coaching staff on a side line route let alone a WR. He's light weight garbage

who gives a fuck How good they are...lol

they won 10 games...probably get a top 14 ranking by the time bowl selections roll around.

so they go and get spanked...Sparty does it every year.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
503 said:
Michigan doesn't have a shot to play in a BCS Bowl game. Not a chance.

Ha, ha....are you 503Mikey from the old board? The Tennessee Volunteer fan who lives in Chicago?

No pumpkin, I'm from Portland Oregon and a Duck fan you clown.

SLICK said:
503 said:

who gives a fuck How good they are...lol

they won 10 games...probably get a top 14 ranking by the time bowl selections roll around.

so they go and get spanked...Sparty does it every year.

If you're banking on a top 14 ranking depending on the outcome of conference Championship games then you might as well bank on a non BCS Bowl game my Lion bruther.

Slick, who would you take Robinson or Montana's son? LOL just playing but I'm almost serious.

One f them lose and Georgia gets stomped, no Suh attended, and UM is 14.

So I guess it would ensure u of m to a bcs bowl if msu wins this saturday under the weird rules

"Under BCS rules, a team must finish in the top 14 of the final BCS standings to be considered for a BCS at-large berth -- unless there's only one team from its conference in the top 14. So if only one Big Ten team finishes in the top 14 of the final BCS standings, Michigan could still receive an at-large bid as long as it finishes in the top 18. "

So if MSU loses there's an outside chance (depending on how close the game is) that we would remain ahead of michigan in the bcs and perhaps just sit at 14. (we're 13 now)..

so if we win though.. wisconsin is at 15, they for sure would obviously stay outside the top 14.. while MSU COULD be the only remaining big ten team in the top 14.. ensuring u of m a bcs berth.. depending on how other teams fall

it's all REALLY confusing but it looks like u of m would want msu to win this saturday

tl;dr fuck the bcs

Back