Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU and UM football

Nebraska was Michigans only quality win this year. MSU had a couple more. Itd never happen but a MSU/Michigan bowl game would be fun to watch
laugh.png

So now its road games against road games? Now you're just being silly. Schedules were similar so why bitch. You should have told your team to lose more games and they wouldn't be in the title game.

I swear, first time in history a division winner is moaning about being a division winner. Lmao.

blah blah blah blah....

fact is they won 10 games , why should they apologize for being a bigger draw then little brother and if they qualify a BCS game is going to snap them up in a heartbeat.

you play whose on your schedule.....end of story.

no no i'm not complaining... i'm happy to be in the position we're in... control our own destiny... rose bowl is the grand daddy of them all... sugar bowl is cute.. but nothing to write home about.. rose bowl is the best game to go to besides national championship and we all know that.. to be a spot to have the opportunity to go is awesome

i am happy for u of m.. glad they're back to being relevant.. not taking anything away from their 10 wins.. if it was so easy why couldn't rich rod do it.. just sayin msu had a more difficult schedule

We already showed you schedule strength, it wasn't harder for msu.

I'd say ND is a quality win....they did beat MSU...tough rain game loss in the opening week.

And the out of conference schedule WS whack for msu as well. Maybe more so. They did play UW but lost to a ND team that Michigan beat. Assassine to say they had a tougher schedule.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]We already showed you schedule strength, it wasn't harder for msu.

Yeah, and I showed you another site that rates MSU SOS higher than UofMs

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

It just shows you all these 'rankings' are bullshit and everybody has a different bullshit formula

But don't look at these 'numbers' and everybody with half a brain knows MSU had the tougher schedule.. any Michigan fan who HONESTLY thinks they had the harder schedule this year must be doing some pretty serious drugs// you don't know jack about college football

MSU 7 home/ 5 away
UM 8 home/ 4 away

MSU played wisconsin... UM doesn't...

These facts ALONE point out MSU had the tougher schedule.. don't try to convince anybody otherwise.. we all know it

HAVING SAID this.. I am still saying u of m had an impressive year.. i'm not taking anything from them... but please stop trying to argue with me saying u of m had a harder schedule.. because that's complete bullshit

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And the out of conference schedule WS whack for msu as well. Maybe more so. They did play UW but lost to a ND team that Michigan beat. Assassine to say they had a tougher schedule.

oh my god man... our game was on the road.. michigans was at home.. you can't compare those

what you can compare are the iowa games however.. msu and michigan both played iowa ON THE ROAD... so equal playing field.. msu beat iowas ass.. michigan lost (albeit last second) ..but you get my point.

stop arguing this man.. msu had the tougher schedule no if's and's or but's

hankpav53 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]We already showed you schedule strength, it wasn't harder for msu.

Yeah, and I showed you another site that rates MSU SOS higher than UofMs

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

It just shows you all these 'rankings' are bullshit and everybody has a different bullshit formula

But don't look at these 'numbers' and everybody with half a brain knows MSU had the tougher schedule.. any Michigan fan who HONESTLY thinks they had the harder schedule this year must be doing some pretty serious drugs// you don't know jack about college football

MSU 7 home/ 5 away
UM 8 home/ 4 away

MSU played wisconsin... UM doesn't...

These facts ALONE point out MSU had the tougher schedule.. don't try to convince anybody otherwise.. we all know it

HAVING SAID this.. I am still saying u of m had an impressive year.. i'm not taking anything from them... but please stop trying to argue with me saying u of m had a harder schedule.. because that's complete bullshit

so if you take the next game(WISC) out of the SOS, what do you get? and if MSU loses they have 3 loses with a slightly harder schedule.....pretty equal in my book

But not as impressive because of a softer schedule? Get out with that shit. So they had an extra home game. You make it sound like MSU would have smoked OSU at home and UM would have lost on the road.

what would have happened if MSU played Ohio St this past week rather than earlier in the year when they had a a different QB and their best OT, WR,& RB were suspended? Does the computer take that into consideration?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]But not as impressive because of a softer schedule? Get out with that shit. So they had an extra home game. You make it sound like MSU would have smoked OSU at home and UM would have lost on the road.

I'M NOT SAYING IT WASN'T IMPRESSIVE.. READ MY POST

'I am still saying u of m had an impressive year..'

but yes.. i would say that if u of m played ohio state in columbus they would have lost.. it came down to the final drive for ohio state in a position to win..

just like if msu played in wisconsin we would have lost...

all i'm arguing is these kids saying u of m had a tougher schedule.. when it was definitely not the case.

tsmith7559 said:
what would have happened if MSU played Ohio St this past week rather than earlier in the year when they had a a different QB and their best OT, WR,& RB were suspended? Does the computer take that into consideration?

i mean it's not like ohio state did ANY damage whatsoever with their other qb.. braxton did play somewhat in the game against us too.. msu's defense fucking DOMINATED the ohio state game.. we had them held to like 100 yards of total offense going into their last drive when we went into the prevent defense

and so we only put 10 points up on them.. whereas if we played them again now when our offense is clicking and we're putting up crazy points.. does the computer take that into account?

tsmith7559 said:

i mean it's not like ohio state did ANY damage whatsoever with their other qb.. braxton did play somewhat in the game against us too.. msu's defense fucking DOMINATED the ohio state game.. we had them held to like 100 yards of total offense going into their last drive when we went into the prevent defense

and so we only put 10 points up on them.. whereas if we played them again now when our offense is clicking and we're putting up crazy points.. does the computer take that into account?

there best LT(Adams) was out...best WR(Posey) was out, best RB (Herron) out...c'mon

i'm done arguing this... if you honestly think u of m had a tougher schedule than you don't know shit about college football and i'm not gonna be able to convince you otherwise because you're pretty thick skulled

both teams had an impressive year... /ENDTHREAD

hankpav53 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]But not as impressive because of a softer schedule? Get out with that shit. So they had an extra home game. You make it sound like MSU would have smoked OSU at home and UM would have lost on the road.

I'M NOT SAYING IT WASN'T IMPRESSIVE.. READ MY POST

'I am still saying u of m had an impressive year..'

You really think games take a different route on the road? That somehow one team automatically scores less and on e automatically scores more?

I suppose msu would have beated Nebraska at home. Common oppenents UM has a better record.

but yes.. i would say that if u of m played ohio state in columbus they would have lost.. it came down to the final drive for ohio state in a position to win..

just like if msu played in wisconsin we would have lost...

all i'm arguing is these kids saying u of m had a tougher schedule.. when it was definitely not the case.

tsmith7559 said:
there best LT(Adams) was out...best WR(Posey) was out, best RB (Herron) out...c'mon

no i know this.. we got lucky with that.. but i'm just saying it's not like ohio state was close to winning and put up crazy points on us and this would have pushed them over the edge.. their offense could NOT move the ball against our defense whatsoever..

we were 15 seconds away from having a shutout...

Back