Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU and UM football

hankpav53 said:
i'm done arguing this... if you honestly think u of m had a tougher schedule than you don't know shit about college football and i'm not gonna be able to convince you otherwise because you're pretty thick skulled

both teams had an impressive year... /ENDTHREAD

I think it was even...MSU got smoked by 2 teams UM beat and UM lost to MSU and Iowa(even with the bad officiating)

hankpav53 said:
i'm done arguing this... if you honestly think u of m had a tougher schedule than you don't know shit about college football and i'm not gonna be able to convince you otherwise because you're pretty thick skulled

I'm thinking this might be your 1st college season. You seem to say Nebraska was the only quality win because saying ND was would make MSU look bad because they lost to them. Then you laugh at UM out of conference was MSU was a joke as well.

More excuses. Have fun in the Cherry bowl.

tsmith7559 said:
hankpav53 said:

I think it was even...MSU got smoked by 2 teams UM beat and UM lost to MSU and Iowa(even with the bad officiating)

whatever you say man. i've already covered these points. not gonna bother anymore.

hankpav53 said:
tsmith7559 said:

whatever you say man. i've already covered these points. not gonna bother anymore.

I think your link proves the point..the only reason MSU is ahead is because they still have Wisc on the schedule, if they lose, well......3 loses with a slightly harder schedule vs. UM with 2 loses...even stevens

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
hankpav53 said:

I'm thinking this might be your 1st college season. You seem to say Nebraska was the only quality win because saying ND was would make MSU look bad because they lost to them. Then you laugh at UM out of conference was MSU was a joke as well.

More excuses. Have fun in the Cherry bowl.

i didn't say at all that nebraska was the only quality win... god damn man you don't fuckin read at all do you..

MSU is the better team this year. hands fucking down.. i think it pains all you wolverine slappys to admit it and I think you're all pissed msu is in the spotlight this week leading up to the first ever big ten champ game.. you're pissed we have a good shot at the rose bowl whereas you're left with the sloppy seconds of a possible sugar bowl bid..

michigan had a good football team this year no doubt about it. msu had a better football team this year as well.. no doubt about it.

Who had the better 10-2 regular season -- Michigan State or Michigan?

It's not even close. It's the Spartans.

Congratulations to the Wolverines for probably landing a BCS at-large invitation, but those are as much a product of politics as performance.

But when comparing the relative accomplishments, coupled with preseason expectations and performance against common opponents, the edge clearly goes to the Spartans.

They won the head-to-head matchup. They were the outright Legends Division champion. Who saw that coming in August? They're going to the inaugural Big Ten championship game with the opportunity for the No. 1 consolation prize -- if you're not good enough to get to the BCS championship game -- the Rose Bowl.

And they fared better against common opponents on the road -- 2-0 in two dominating efforts at Iowa and Northwestern while Michigan went 1-1.

from the free press..

Hands fkn down. They're both 10-2 with similar SoS. If you just said MSU beat UM, game over. But to say UM had a much easier schedule and a Joke out of conference makes you look like a fool.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hands fkn down. They're both 10-2 with similar SoS. If you just said MSU beat UM, game over. But to say UM had a much easier schedule and a Joke out of conference makes you look like a fool.

again man.. i never ever said u of m had a 'much easier schedule'... just a slightly easier one.. the only reason i was arguing this was b/c some peeps said u of m had the harder one.. which was completely asinine.

this is the same clown ( hankpav) we used to smack around when he tried talking football on the old Lions Board.

both schools had great seasons...MSU beat Michigan again , until U of M beats them they can talk all the shit they want.

Sparty will do what Sparty does...choke in the end ( lose to Wiscy ) then promply go to a bowl game and get smoked by an SEC team.

Slightly easier? That's your whole argument? By common road oppenents was not 1-2 for UM, you can't count head to head with these two. Common opponents home or away, UM has a better record.

SLICK said:
this is the same clown ( hankpav) we used to smack around when he tried talking football on the old Lions Board.

both schools had great seasons...MSU beat Michigan again , until U of M beats them they can talk all the shit they want.

Sparty will do what Sparty does...choke in the end ( lose to Wiscy ) then promply go to a bowl game and get smoked by an SEC team.

.. i was never 'smacked around' lol.. old man memory?

but yeah we may go to a worse bowl game.. but we all know who the better team was this year. ;-)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Slightly easier? That's your whole argument? By common road oppenents was not 1-2 for UM, you can't count head to head with these two. Common opponents home or away, UM has a better record.

the only reason i said ums was easier was because some clowns tried arguing u of m's was more difficult..

it was most definitely not... we won head to head.. thread over.

Because MSU beat UM at home? Other way around, UM wins - right? Lol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Because MSU beat UM at home? Other way around, UM wins - right? Lol.

ehhh not really we smacked around michigan pretty badly.. wasn't a close game

i'm done arguing this.. msu had the better team. you all know it.. we also had a more difficult schedule.. don't look at those fucking stupid numbers you keep pulling up..

i'm out this bitch.
cool.png

hankpav53 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Because MSU beat UM at home? Other way around, UM wins - right? Lol.

i'm done arguing this.. msu had the better team. you all know it.. we also had a more difficult schedule.. don't look at those fucking stupid numbers you keep pulling up..

i'm out this bitch.
cool.png

But we'd lose to Ohio* at their place and MSU wins by more than 3 at home? Lol.

hankpav53 said:
[color=#006400 said:

i'm out this bitch.
cool.png

we know your out...you just got proven wrong Sparty.

enjoy the ass whipping in the Outback Bowl fucktard.

SLICK said:
this link takes all the strength of schedule computations and averages them out....Michigan by far has the harder schedule'

http://bcscentral.info/sos.html

wait.. idk what i'm looking at or if i had to click something else.. but if you just click your link it shows msu is higher than u of m???
lol.

10 - 4 to 11 -2 and Michigan will be ranked higher nationally come January...and Hoke will out recruit Dantonio....lol

Back