Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: MSU and UM football

This year Dalton don't get carried away. Thy both had similar schedules. But for one to say UM had a easy non conf while msu played a powder puff schedule themselves make little sense.

tsmith7559 said:
what would have happened if MSU played Ohio St this past week rather than earlier in the year when they had a a different QB and their best OT, WR,& RB were suspended? Does the computer take that into consideration?

actually the computer ranks it the same cause they sucked before and after all the suspensions.

i'll swallow my pride and eat my words. brady hoke did a hell of a job this year. i applaud him for the work he's put in in bringing that program back from near ruin. if they get a BCS birth, it's well deserved. they lost a tough game vs. michigan st, but rebounded nicely. i didnt think much of them coming in, but i was dead wrong. for fuck's sake, why can't we be happy in this goddamn state that both teams had good seasons? i'm hoping both can get into the BCS and both win.

fedexgooch78 said:
i'll swallow my pride and eat my words. brady hoke did a hell of a job this year. i applaud him for the work he's put in in bringing that program back from near ruin. if they get a BCS birth, it's well deserved. they lost a tough game vs. michigan st, but rebounded nicely. i didnt think much of them coming in, but i was dead wrong. for fuck's sake, why can't we be happy in this goddamn state that both teams had good seasons? i'm hoping both can get into the BCS and both win.

I don't think it works that way. You're either a Yankee fan or a Mets fan. A White Sox fan or Cubs fan. Giants or Jets.

And here in Michigan, either a UM fan or MSU but not both. No way I'm rooting for state.

mhughes0021 said:
tsmith7559 said:
I'd say ND is a quality win....they did beat MSU...tough rain game loss in the opening week.

and then you woke up....ND sucks.

#24 entering Thanksgiving weekend.......pounded beat MSU...ya they suck

johnny2x2x said:
tsmith7559 said:
Youngstown St isnt even a D-I school, Florida Atlantic, c'mon. It would have been tougher playing Brother Rice

Well, Michigan would know about scheduling High School teams. Look at the schedule in some of those leather helmet day championships that Michigan uses to define their team's greatness(Romulus High School, Community Colleges, etc.). But, Eastern, Western, and San Diego State are real powerhouses, way to step up to the plate. Nice playing 8 home games and 4 road games. Too bad you don't have the same thing next year.

Too bad you guys are losing your defensive line or you might even start to dream about somehow preventing 5 in a row next fall. But no one would be that utterly stupid to dream something that ridiculous.

hmmm, I think all the preseason teams they(Mich) played are bowl eligible

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
fedexgooch78 said:

I don't think it works that way. You're either a Yankee fan or a Mets fan. A White Sox fan or Cubs fan. Giants or Jets.

And here in Michigan, either a UM fan or MSU but not both. No way I'm rooting for state.

I went to MSU and I root for both. I just root for MSU over Michigan each year in the match up, otherwise I pull hard for UM. Why...because I'm proud of where I come from and want to see the state dominate. And to have a hatred of MSU when you have no ties to UM, that's just silly. I don't see how you can get that invested in something like that. Now Ohio..that's different. Another state, and a shitty state at that.

fedexgooch78 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I went to MSU and I root for both. I just root for MSU over Michigan each year in the match up, otherwise I pull hard for UM. Why...because I'm proud of where I come from and want to see the state dominate. And to have a hatred of MSU when you have no ties to UM, that's just silly. I don't see how you can get that invested in something like that. Now Ohio..that's different. Another state, and a shitty state at that.

Mich/mich st.
Oregon/oregon st.
Florida/fsu.
Texas/ tech/ a&m.
Ucla/usc.
Va tech/ va

All rivals.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
fedexgooch78 said:

ask any UM alum...the UM/OSU game means a hell of a lot more than the game against sparty. It might be the biggest game on MSU's schedule, but not UM.

Mich/mich st.
Oregon/oregon st.
Florida/fsu.
Texas/ tech/ a&m.
Ucla/usc.
Va tech/ va

All rivals.

Michigan only needs to be in the top 18, not 14, according to Edwards. Basically locks Michigan into a BCS bowl.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/54347/oklahoma-state-making-strides

Michigan's 40-34 victory over Ohio State ended a seven-year losing streak to the Buckeyes, but it didn't do much to boost the Wolverines' BCS rating. In fact, the Wolverines actually fell from No. 15 to No. 16 in the latest BCS standings, after Wisconsin jumped them.

But Michigan still seems like a safe bet to grab a BCS at-large berth -- possibly an invitation to play No. 6 Houston in the Jan. 3 Allstate Sugar Bowl -- after finishing 10-2 under first-year coach Brady Hoke.

The No. 15 Badgers play No. 13 Michigan State in the inaugural Big Ten championship game in Indianapolis on Saturday. The losing team figures to drop out of the top 14 of the BCS standings, which would leave the winner as the only Big Ten team ranked in the top 14.

Under BCS rules, a team must finish in the top 14 of the final BCS standings to be considered for a BCS at-large berth -- unless there's only one team from its conference in the top 14. So if only one Big Ten team finishes in the top 14 of the final BCS standings, Michigan could still receive an at-large bid as long as it finishes in the top 18.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]This year Dalton don't get carried away. Thy both had similar schedules. But for one to say UM had a easy non conf while msu played a powder puff schedule themselves make little sense.

I know....but any time I have a chance to bring that game up I will do it! I can't resist!

503 said:
hankpav53 said:
10 win seasons for both of them... I wonder if that's ever happened before?

Both have shots at BCS bowls... wonder if that's happened either..

Glad to see football programs in this state at the top

p.s. go green ;-)

Michigan doesn't have a shot to play in a BCS Bowl game. Not a chance.

ooops

Man it has to hurt.....

Michigan >>> In the Sugar Bowl.
MSU >>> In the Outback Bowl.

By the way. It is not even close. Michigan non-conference schedule was 1000X tougher the MSU's this year and for any MSU fan to even try and defend your non-conference schedule is laughable and the next time you yap about all of Michigan's 8 home games this year just remember MSU in 2010 had EIGHT HOME GAMES IN YOUR 11 WIN SEASON. Stop yapping... But hey good job replacing 0-11 Northern Colorado with Youngstown st this year... Sorry but at the end of the day this year Michigan's SOS was stronger then MSU's in 2011...

WMU 7-5.
ND 8-4.
EMU 6-6.
SDSU 8-4.

MSU

YSU Dll 6-5.
Florida A. 1-11. (oops).
ND 8-4.
CMU 3-9..

Back