Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PFF Review Week 7

That horrific oline has two of your boys first rounders and two of his third rounders playing on it. Why he picked Ebron over a legit tackle you'll have to explain to me because you "understand" the pick.

Speak english, retard. Still complaing over Ebron? Stfu...at least the kid is getting better. And yes, i do understand the pick. Lombardi wanted to run his offense through his TEs and we happen to pick the best one in the draft. Sorry that you don't get it....

wide open. 3 qtr. would have gave us great field position. throws it in the dirt. Min scores on next drive. Stafford needs to give his defense a chance sometimes.

What defense?! You're fucking joking, right?! Lol. Jesus Christ...lol

Well the fact that it was Lombardi who wanted him makes it even worse.

The new coach will likely have to do a complete reset.

The fallacy the Lions operated under was that Schwartz had a great team that another coach could win the Super Bowl with. The personnel were very good, but Caldwell and Lombardi attempted to implement offensive schemes that reduced the ability of the offense to succeed. Meanwhile the defensive stars bolted, leaving a shell of what had been.

The next GM and coach will need at least 3 years, barring solid FA pickups. With entire draft classes vaporized, the talent is depleted to the point the team cannot perform up to expectations. Winning organizations are created over several years of solid draft classes of players who not only perform, but are loyal enough to stay with the team when their contract is over. Do all players stay? No. But being able to retain good players for multiple contracts is key to long term success.

That also means not having the cap being taken up so much by the top 3 on the payroll that you cannot afford talented enough players around them to have a winning team. The new guys in charge will be severely handicapped due to financial mismanagement by current guys.

The Lions have a good amount of cap of space in 2016 and some extra draft picks. And there is no more top 3.

Guys like Laken, Swanson, Carter,Reid, Van Noy need to develop. Reiff, Warford, Slay and Quin need to flat out play better. They can and have proven they can. Levy needs to get healthy.

Yeah, I don't see this massive improvement you do. He's still the same guy getting a bit more opportunity to make plays. His blocking is just as worse as it ever was.

Yeah, I don't see this massive improvement you do. He's still the same guy getting a bit more opportunity to make plays. His blocking is just as worse as it ever was.

that's because he really isn't a TE. He is a big WR who lines up in the TE spot.

that's because he really isn't a TE. He is a big WR who lines up in the TE spot.

Actually he's a TE who can't block. But they knew this.. No one expected him to come in and block. Couldn't do it in college either.

Of course you don't see it. Why the fuck would you? Lol. He's not a blocking TE btw, genius. He was never asked to do it in college. Why in the world would he do it now? Get over yourself, bud....the kid has improved. Look at his fucking numbers

On pace for 60 catches and 9 TD's. He had 25 catches last year and 1 TD. Much better. I still have issue with a TE at 10 but I won't complain about the better numbers.

Is it humanely possible for you to have a reply without cussing someone out? Come on man, grow the fuck up. It's annoying trying to have a conversation when you are dropping bombs and calling people stupid.

Then stop calling him a TE. Call him a WR. And as a WR, he's been OKAY this year. 268 yards puts him at 72nd overall. Wow, wee, how wonderful. They could have had that same production drafting some tall receiver in the 6th round who doesn't have to worry about blocking as much. And how hard is it to improve from last year?? He was freaking horrible in season 1.

And as a TE, which he still has those responsibilities believe it or not, he's a horrible blocker.

Last edited:
On pace for 60 catches and 9 TD's. He had 25 catches last year and 1 TD. Much better. I still have issue with a TE at 10 but I won't complain about the better numbers.

Exactly, Mitch! An improvement and it still gets shit on lol. People can despise the pick or whatever....it doesn't, but we all wanted to see improvement. He's done that in year 2 like some of us predicted. Sorry he's not Gronk but nobody is...

How hard is it to improve on what he did year 1??

He's nowhere NEAR what they expected him to be with that pick. He's okay.

Back