Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PFF Review Week 7

It doesn't matter if we see it or not. The GM and coaches need to have the foresight to figure out these things. That's what makes the good organizations good, and the Lions, well... The Lions.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE, make up your god damn mind!!! You said like 980 times on this thread he is not a TE, then said he's not a WR. So what is he, the bathroom urinal? What IS HE? GIVE ME A DEFINITION!

And like I said before, go ahead and scout through other yardage totals of the league. You'll find PLENTY of guys drafted in the 3rd and 4th round who are in their second year that are doing just as good as he is. But continue to pat him on the shoulder for being an above-average player who can't block in a position that requires some form of that.

I love how you evolve your definition for him to justify his suckiness. "Derrrr, he's a pass-catching TE so he doesn't have to block." Well, that makes him basically a fucking tall WR who lines up more on the LOS. So I'm going to go ahead and lump him in that overall "pass-catching human football player." And he's been very "meh" in that category, even with this INCREDIBLE improvement from year 1, the year in which he gets a free pass for some reason.

Oh, forgot to include the emoji with the face hitting the hand on the ground to try and be smug. But, I'll just do one of your favorites. Good argument, bro ;)

A definition?!?! He's a fucking TE, you dumb fucking idiot!! Lol. I have been saying the same thing over and over again. I never said the kid was a WR and if i did, it was a typo big time!!

And what's wrong with giving credit to a guy that has improved from the year before? Don't you want to see the kid improve on his numbers from the year before? Or you just hate the pick so much that you don't want to see it? Lol. You fucking imbecile.....you're a joke. And nobody cares that there are 3rd, 4th and 5th rders putting up bigger or similar numbers than early draft pi ks. Who fucking cares, you retard?! This is the NFL!! All i care about is that he's improving. You obviously don't because you're an idiot lol.

And that's what he is!!! A PASS CATCHING TE!! So what??!! He needs to work on his blocking but thats not why he was brought here, you fucking clown. He was brought here to catch the ball and score TDs. How hard is that for you to understand, you fkn dummy??? Lol...wow.

"So is every QB dog shit because Brady was taken in the 6th?" -- That's a good response.

Not sure of you're being serious or what, but i thought it was a legit point. These kids that get drafted are put in certain situations and most of them to all of them are completely different. Comparing numbers from a WR that was drafted in the first to a kid that was maybe drafted in the 3rd can be unfair. Especially if they're on different teams because of different situations, different offenses etc etc etc. This retard dubbsco is comparing numbers of Ebrons and Crowders from the Redskins? Why?! Makes no sense! Compare Ebron to Ebron......

There is no category for him. He is redefining the NFL, you can not compare him to anyone. He is the Match-up Nightmare. All hail MUN.

Another gem. Nobody is saying the kid is a God, but he's playing better in year 2. More yards, more TDs, moving the chains. Isn't that what you tards wanted? It's so obvious you clowns want to see this kid fail. I really dont understand it all lol. Its sickening to say the least. So fucking sad....

No one liked the pick except Tony. And then he hated it, and then liked it again.

Then he forgot what position he played.

You have got to be on drugs...lol. I always said i didn't like the pick, but i got on board with it because i thought Lombardi was a good hire at the time and after reading how he likes to utilize his TEs in his offenses, i was getting a little more excited about it. I'm just trying to stay positive about the pick and have hope for it. You just like kicking the can down the road with your head down and tail between your legs like a fucking wimp with no balls. You're pathetic and weak.

I never wanted a TE at 10. I wanted Lewan or a WR (Evans or Watkins) i forget. Sorry that i dont continually bash the pick like you retards do. As a Lions fan, i want the kid to succeed, not fail like you dumb fucks in life.

Ebron is a 750 yard 6-7 TD guy in 14 games. That's good. That is worth pick 10 in year 2 for a hybrid TE/WR that is the 3rd option. And year 3, if he plays 16, he has 850-1,000 yard potential.

Waddle was better at the time, Suh/Fariley was not unknown they were leaving and we just added Tate. Lewan,Donald,OBJ lesser needs than Ebron. And all ranked in the same level.

Not good enough bro. He needs to catch 100 balls, 20 TDs and amass about 1900 yds of offense to be legit

Not sure of you're being serious or what, but i thought it was a legit point. These kids that get drafted are put in certain situations and most of them to all of them are completely different. Comparing numbers from a WR that was drafted in the first to a kid that was maybe drafted in the 3rd can be unfair. Especially if they're on different teams because of different situations, different offenses etc etc etc. This retard dubbsco is comparing numbers of Ebrons and Crowders from the Redskins? Why?! Makes no sense! Compare Ebron to Ebron......

I actually thought it was a good point. Sometimes I can agree with ya, sometimes ;-)

Man just reading through this thread, I can be a negative sob sometimes. This team has killed me inside.

I have never been a fan of any comparison based on what round a kid was drafted in. It's a silly metric.

There is no scout, or team of them, in football who has the time on his hands to watch every snap of every player in college football. They watch snapshots, and they evaluate as best they can. The more "highlight reels" a kid has, the more snapshots they can watch.

It's the reason guys like Arian Foster go undrafted, Stephon Diggs and John Brown blow up after being drafted in the 5th round (or whatever), and so many 1st rounders bust.

A guy drafted in the 7th round has just as much of a chance at a HoF career as a first rounder, because no one really knows what they will do in the NFL until they get their. It's all projections, which is all scouting is.

For every Rashaan Salaam there is a Priest Holmes.

Ink, is that something that can proven out? Because I don't know if that's true. I would have to think guys in the top 3 rounds have proven out much better than later round picks.

Ink, is that something that can proven out? Because I don't know if that's true. I would have to think guys in the top 3 rounds have proven out much better than later round picks.

He means Lions picks in the top 3 rounds. Loads of late round picks do better than those.

I have never been a fan of any comparison based on what round a kid was drafted in. It's a silly metric.

There is no scout, or team of them, in football who has the time on his hands to watch every snap of every player in college football. They watch snapshots, and they evaluate as best they can. The more "highlight reels" a kid has, the more snapshots they can watch.

It's the reason guys like Arian Foster go undrafted, Stephon Diggs and John Brown blow up after being drafted in the 5th round (or whatever), and so many 1st rounders bust.

A guy drafted in the 7th round has just as much of a chance at a HoF career as a first rounder, because no one really knows what they will do in the NFL until they get their. It's all projections, which is all scouting is.

For every Rashaan Salaam there is a Priest Holmes.

There have been 82 HOF players drafted in the Super Bowl era. 52 of them were drafted in the first round.

Reading through this thread, Tony probably smokes meth.

And again you add nothing to the conversation as usual. So lets see it....a quick quip or meme to follow.

Thanks for playing, tard.

i-know-nothing-apperantly.gif

Back