Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PFF Review Week 7

No he's not. He's got a long way to go before he justifies where he was taken.

He doesn't get a free pass for his shit year 1.

He is justifying it right now. Rookie TEs/WRs struggle. 3rd/4th option. He most definitely should get a free pass.

I'd give him a pass for this year too considering the Oline. But he's doing well so good for him.

I get what you guys are saying but I look at a guy like Riddick, who I know some of you like. He's basically a WR. He's not good at the blocking .. Hardly ever runs. So as a WR he's far down that list too. Of course he was no 10 pick which is where the argument starts. In any event, he went from a bad season to a much better one. So maybe we'll not getting top 10 value but we're not any undrafted value anymore.

Well yeah, that's exactly where this argument starts and ends. You can't compare Ebron to Riddick. Ebron was brought in to basically be a dominant pass catching TIGHT END, he was a total flop this first season, and he's been slightly better this year. He had a huge gainer from a play that was well designed, and other than that, how different has he been/looked?

When you actually WATCH him on the field, does he do anything different, or is he just getting targeted more? I'm just tired of the fact that he's getting coddled so much and other rookies/2nd round WRs are heads and shoulders better than he is.

Well yeah, that's exactly where this argument starts and ends. You can't compare Ebron to Riddick. Ebron was brought in to basically be a dominant pass catching TIGHT END, he was a total flop this first season, and he's been slightly better this year. He had a huge gainer from a play that was well designed, and other than that, how different has he been/looked?

When you actually WATCH him on the field, does he do anything different, or is he just getting targeted more? I'm just tired of the fact that he's getting coddled so much and other rookies/2nd round WRs are heads and shoulders better than he is.

I'm not sure he's getting coddled but more the fact some of us are glad he's no longer a stiff. It also doesn't mean we don't want him to do even more.

And that's why this argument with Tony is stupid. He's pissing and moaning that I'm not all that impressed with this improvement, just because his first year was so incredibly bad. How can you not improve from that??

He's done nothing to justify his draft position, this year included. If you want someone who produces at his level, grab a WR in the 3rd or 4th round, because there are plenty of those guys in the NFL that are producing more than him.

Last edited:
Ebron is not just slightly better. He is alot better. He's a good player this year. Pick 10, good player.

You can't compare other players to Ebron?? Isn't that why statistics were created in the first place??

If you force the fact that we can't call him a tight end, and we have to call him a receiver, why can't I look at other players to judge what he's doing? It's like you've invented some criteria to shield the poor kid from criticism.

Why do you keep calling him a WR?!? lol. He's a TE!!!!! And for the comparison part? He's compared to everyone anyways. Especially all the TIGHT ENDS, but to say some 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders have better numbers.....SO WHAT?! Welcome to the fucking NFL. So is every QB dog shit because Brady was taken in the 6th? Or every RB not named Arian Foster isn't worthy of squat because he went undrafted? Get your head out of your ass, pal!! Compare Ebron to EBRON. He's improving whether you believe it or not. CRITICIZE from year to year.....that's the way it's done.

You're welcome.

Who the hell is coddling Ebron??!! Are you on drugs??

And that's why this argument with Tony is stupid. He's pissing and moaning that I'm not all that impressed with this improvement, just because his first year was so incredibly bad. How can you not improve from that??

He's done nothing to justify his draft position, this year included. If you want someone who produces at his level, grab a WR in the 3rd or 4th round, because there are plenty of those guys in the NFL that are producing more than him.

Absolutely fucking priceless!!! You've gone off the deep end, brother!!!

And like I said, when you line up those stats with other WRs in the league, he's OK. So they spend a #10 overall pick on an average WR with good speed, case of the dropsies, and horrible blocking.

But since this is 2nd grade when we talk about Ebron and we need to give him a participation medal, he's better than last year, when he was total dog bleep. Fantastic.

aaaaand he's not a WR

Thank you lol

And as a pure WR, he's been underwhelming. I know he gets the rookie pass by a lot of people, but it's not impossible to be good early. Amari Cooper, OBJ, how about those guys? Are they going through the same "learning curve?"

It's not that complicated. Run good routes, catch the ball.

Fucking brilliant analysis. Comparing him to Oakland's and the Giants # ONE options. I don't even know what to say...lol

"So is every QB dog shit because Brady was taken in the 6th?" -- That's a good response.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE, make up your god damn mind!!! You said like 980 times on this thread he is not a TE, then said he's not a WR. So what is he, the bathroom urinal? What IS HE? GIVE ME A DEFINITION!

And like I said before, go ahead and scout through other yardage totals of the league. You'll find PLENTY of guys drafted in the 3rd and 4th round who are in their second year that are doing just as good as he is. But continue to pat him on the shoulder for being an above-average player who can't block in a position that requires some form of that.

I love how you evolve your definition for him to justify his suckiness. "Derrrr, he's a pass-catching TE so he doesn't have to block." Well, that makes him basically a fucking tall WR who lines up more on the LOS. So I'm going to go ahead and lump him in that overall "pass-catching human football player." And he's been very "meh" in that category, even with this INCREDIBLE improvement from year 1, the year in which he gets a free pass for some reason.

Oh, forgot to include the emoji with the face hitting the hand on the ground to try and be smug. But, I'll just do one of your favorites. Good argument, bro ;)

Last edited:
There is no category for him. He is redefining the NFL, you can not compare him to anyone. He is the Match-up Nightmare. All hail MUN.

Makes sense. Thought so. Nothing like spending your first round pick on a luxury who is basically right in the middle in terms of production, surrounded by guys who were taken in later rounds.

But hey, he's getting better. Even though Jason Hanson could strap on pads and be more productive than he was in year 1 at the WR/TE/STL/BFRA/PLAFD position that Ebron plays.

I just slammed the keys to make letters, and ironically the BFRA=Best Fucking Receiver Alive.

Last edited:
Ebron is a 750 yard 6-7 TD guy in 14 games. That's good. That is worth pick 10 in year 2 for a hybrid TE/WR that is the 3rd option. And year 3, if he plays 16, he has 850-1,000 yard potential.

Waddle was better at the time, Suh/Fariley was not unknown they were leaving and we just added Tate. Lewan,Donald,OBJ lesser needs than Ebron. And all ranked in the same level.

Ebron is a 750 yard 6-7 TD guy in 14 games. That's good. That is worth pick 10 in year 2 for a hybrid TE/WR that is the 3rd option. And year 3, if he plays 16, he has 850-1,000 yard potential.

Waddle was better at the time, Suh/Fariley was not unknown they were leaving and we just added Tate. Lewan,Donald,OBJ lesser needs than Ebron. And all ranked in the same level.

As I said earlier in the thread.

I think fans expect the front office to have some foresight. I think almost every single one of us here wanted a LT, CB or DT in that draft because we saw what was coming. Suh leaving, a shitty OL and poor CBs. What do they do...take a TE who can't block. Now it looks like the message board fans are smarter than the GM because the three biggest needs in this upcoming draft are probably going to be LT, CB and DT.

As I said earlier in the thread.

I think fans expect the front office to have some foresight. I think almost every single one of us here wanted a LT, CB or DT in that draft because we saw what was coming. Suh leaving, a shitty OL and poor CBs. What do they do...take a TE who can't block. Now it looks like the message board fans are smarter than the GM because the three biggest needs in this upcoming draft are probably going to be LT, CB and DT.

You did not see it coming. Waddle injured and regression you did not see coming. Suh bolting you did not see coming prior to 2014. Levy and Ngata and Warford injuries you did not see coming. Slay, Reiff,Tate, Quin regression we did not see coming.

Even if you said, it's a lucky guess that you truly didn't know. You just said it be a hater. The Lions had terrible luck in the injury department and Suh got greedy and Ngata/Levy got hurt

It's absolutely terrible luck that Levy/Ngata were never on the field at the same time. That is stab Aaron Rodgers in the face maddening.

You did not see it coming. Waddle injured and regression you did not see coming. Suh bolting you did not see coming prior to 2014. Levy and Ngata and Warford injuries you did not see coming. Slay, Reiff,Tate, Quin regression we did not see coming.

Even if you said, it's a lucky guess that you truly didn't know. You just said it be a hater. The Lions had terrible luck in the injury department and Suh got greedy and Ngata/Levy got hurt

It's absolutely terrible luck that Levy/Ngata were never on the field at the same time. That is stab Aaron Rodgers in the face maddening.

almost everybody was saying it BEFORE the Ebron pick. Go back and look.

No one liked the pick except Tony. And then he hated it, and then liked it again.

Then he forgot what position he played.

Back