Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PFF Review Week 7

How hard is it to improve on what he did year 1??

He's nowhere NEAR what they expected him to be with that pick. He's okay.

The point is he's improved. Do I want him to be Gronk? Sure. But he's done much better compared to last.

Is it humanely possible for you to have a reply without cussing someone out? Come on man, grow the fuck up. It's annoying trying to have a conversation when you are dropping bombs and calling people stupid.

Then stop calling him a TE. Call him a WR. And as a WR, he's been OKAY this year. 268 yards puts him at 72nd overall. Wow, wee, how wonderful. They could have had that same production drafting some tall receiver in the 6th round who doesn't have to worry about blocking as much. And how hard is it to improve from last year?? He was freaking horrible in season 1.

And as a TE, which he still has those responsibilities believe it or not, he's a horrible blocker.

I don't give 2 FUCKS if I annoy you, buddy. This is who the FUCK I am. Don't like it? FUCKING block me. I'll call you out everytime you say something stupid. Just like you are now. He's not a MOTHERFUCKING TE, you imbecile. He's a TE and he's improving. Do you call every athletic TE in the NFL a WR? Because there's a ton of them. Gronk is the only TE in the business that is the total package...he can run, catch, block. Not many TEs have that pedigree so get the FUCK over it...

Last edited:
Oh good lord, drop the tough guy shit. It's a message board.

Okay, call up ESPN and the Lions and have them change that designation from TE to WR. And as a WR, he's been average. Yardage totals put him at 72. Tell me how that's impressive? Please. Because he was total bleeping horse shit his first year and now he's better? Wow. Just like Stafford, your expectations of him are nice and low. And when he beats that super low bar you set for him, it gets you excited.

HAHAHAHA. Dude, WAY TO GO.
"He's not a MOTHERFUCKING TE."
"He's a TE and he's improving."

HAHAHA. Have a good day. Did you drink again at work?? You didn't even give it two separate posts to contradict yourself. LOL. Good try, take care bud.

Last edited:
It is possible for a guy to show improvement but still be a bad draft pick...which is the case with Ebron.

Of course. But since we aren't allowed to call him a TE, he's a very average WR. Wee. Worth taking at #10.

How hard is it to improve on what he did year 1??

He's nowhere NEAR what they expected him to be with that pick. He's okay.

Do you just complain for the sake of complaining?lol wow

And he's on track to be a very good TE, maybe even great....who knows! Everybody but YOU and a handful of schmucks on this board knew he would struggle as a rook. Look at the history of TEs in the NFL, but nooooooooooo, you expected him to be Jimmy Graham in year 1. You know why? Because you're fucking stupid, that's why.

The kid is improving and it bothers the fuck outta ya lol. Awesome!!

You draft that kid, when you don't need a TE, at #10, he damn well better be good in a hurry. And he's okay. Period. I'll say it again, he's 72th ranked in yards. Is that worth a #10 pick?

Or are we just going to keep on rolling out that soft serve and patting him on the back?

It is possible for a guy to show improvement but still be a bad draft pick...which is the case with Ebron.

If he does well, he's a good draft pick no matter the opportunity cost was. DT wasn't a huge need at the time. Waddle was coming off a good 2013 at the time as was the entire 2013 Oline.

Receiving TE was a need and that was around where Ebron was supposed to go. At the time, TE was the right call. Hindsight maybe you take a DT or OT, but at the time TE a good call.

A receiving TE is not a need on any team. It's a luxury. This team had so many more holes, which are even more obvious. The pick was wrong, and continues to be wrong seeing the others crumble around him.

Oh good lord, drop the tough guy shit. It's a message board.

Okay, call up ESPN and the Lions and have them change that designation from TE to WR. And as a WR, he's been average. Yardage totals put him at 72. Tell me how that's impressive? Please. Because he was total bleeping horse shit his first year and now he's better? Wow. Just like Stafford, your expectations of him are nice and low. And when he beats that super low bar you set for him, it gets you excited.

HAHAHAHA. Dude, WAY TO GO.
"He's not a MOTHERFUCKING TE."
"He's a TE and he's improving."

HAHAHA. Have a good day. Did you drink again at work?? You didn't even give it two separate posts to contradict yourself. LOL. Good try, take care bud.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Tail right between your legs, eh !!! Lol.

Way to throw Stafford in there to deflect how big of a fucking moron you truly are. You keep calling him a WR. Why?!?! TE, you dumb fuck....no tough guy act needed. Show me one site, just one where he's listed as a WR.

You dumb fucking retard

A receiving TE is not a need on any team. It's a luxury. This team had so many more holes, which are even more obvious. The pick was wrong, and continues to be wrong seeing the others crumble around him.

It was a need given Pettigrew's 2013 performance. And Ebron was rated that high, so they didn't wait around for another TE.

Given they had just added Tate, I could see why they didn't go OBJ either. Given Waddle and Oline play in 2013, no Lewan. Given Suh and Fairley still under contract, no Donald. It's pretty obvious the thinking behind it

TE was the biggest need at the time given the circumstances. Then the circumunstances drastically changed at RT and DT. And Ebron was drafted in his proper draft area.

Last edited:
Love how you don't even acknowledge your contradiction. What a clown show.

Continue to stir up that soft serve. Go buy the merchandise. Cheer on the boys. You are the fans that the Lions love.

Holy fucking shit dude, you just said "HE'S NOT A MOTHERFUCKING TE." Take a step back from your computer. Figure out what you are talking about. And then step up to the big boys table when you are ready to discuss.

But I'll do the work for you. As a PASS CATCHING TE, whatever the fuck that is, he's average. He's done NOTHING to justify his position in the draft other than a nice 55 yard catch on blown coverage that has totally skewed his numbers. He can't block at all. I laugh that you continue to say that's not important.

Continue to stir up that soft serve. Go buy the merchandise. Cheer on the boys. You are the fans that the Lions love.

Holy fucking shit dude, you just said "HE'S NOT A MOTHERFUCKING TE." Take a step back from your computer. Figure out what you are talking about. And then step up to the big boys table when you are ready to discuss.

But I'll do the work for you. As a PASS CATCHING TE, whatever the fuck that is, he's average. He's done NOTHING to justify his position in the draft other than a nice 55 yard catch on blown coverage that has totally skewed his numbers. He can't block at all. I laugh that you continue to say that's not important.

I meant say WR, you fucking fool!!! Lol. Wow

It was a need given Pettigrew's 2013 performance. And Ebron was rated that high, so they didn't wait around for another TE.

Given they had just added Tate, I could see why they didn't go OBJ either. Given Waddle and Oline play in 2013, no Lewan. Given Suh and Fairley still under contract, no Donald. It's pretty obvious the thinking behind it

TE was the biggest need at the time given the circumstances. Then the circumunstances drastically changed at RT and DT. And Ebron was drafted in his proper draft area.

I think fans expect the front office to have some foresight. I think almost every single one of us here wanted a LT, CB or DT in that draft because we saw what was coming. Suh leaving, a shitty OL and poor CBs. What do they do...take a TE who can't block. Now it looks like the message board fans are smarter than the GM because the three biggest needs in this upcoming draft are probably going to be LT, CB and DT.

Who said it wasn't important?! Lol. All i said was that isnt his game. Keep reaching though, toolbox for ways to drum the kid into the ground. And you cant even give the kid a compliment without punching him in the mouth lol. He only did what he did because of blown coverages....
You're a fkn tool

Okay, pretending like you understand what you are talking about, ready??

As a WR, WR, WR, WR... WR WR WR. Got it? Are you there, ready?

He is 72nd in yards. He's had a giant pass on a completely blown coverage that is skewing his yardage massively. Look at some of the guys above him who are doing just as well.
Leonard Hankerson- 5th round.
Delanie Walker- 6th round.
Jamison Crowder- 4th round. ROOKIE OMG OMG.

I just picked a few random guys that are doing just as well, if not better. With what Ebron gives you and the criteria you have given me in your shitty warped argument, he's a flop.

Go tell the fan base and the GMs, "Hey, take Ebron. He's going to have 248 yards in his 1st year, and be basically average in his 2nd. Can't block, but we'll label him a TE/WR/something." You think that's a good sell?

Okay, he's better than his HORRIFIC first year. How fucking hard is that?? I'm tired of fans having to pat people on the back for doing well. Feels like we are in 4th grade and the teacher gives you a high five for some shitty macaroni project.

The guy is better, happy? Does that make you feel better?

Last edited:
Ebron is 49th in yards per game for all WRs/TE. Ahead of Jimmy Graham

And how dare you discredit the 55 yard play. Great play to get open

I'll discredit any catch then. Blown coverage or poor ball skils by a CB.

Ebron is tied 19th for all WRs/TE in TDs. And Ebron missed 2 games.

38th in YPC

Last edited:
Back