Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford Versus Winning Teams

Pro sporting teams could give a rat's ass about their fans. They care about money, and money alone.

Fans owe teams NOTHING. Sports are entertainment. If they aren't entertaining, they don't deserve my emotional attachment.

And you consistently post on this board lol. Because you're not emotionally attached, right? You're so full of shit.....

It's a message board. I would guarantee there are a lot of people that also post here who don't watch the Lions with passion.

So, because I'm disconnected from the team, I'm not allowed to debate and talk to other fans?

Give me a freaking break.

You are what the Lions love, Tony. You'll continue to buy their shit, show up at games, and be that fan that makes them money, no matter how much they give a fuck about success.

Last edited:
They were 3 wins better than their record in 2013. 3 wins better than thier record in 2015 and 2 wins at least better than their record this season

hey dumb ass.....hate to break it to you but you ALWAYS say the lions are better than their record is. Only problem is...youre always wrong. Every.... single.... time. People can make millions on just doing the opposite of everything you say.

They had 6 win talent....or less is what i said. Its painted clearly by their point differential alone. Several 7-9 teams had a better point differential than the lions. On average the other team scores more than we do. That doesnt equate to a 9 win season except for Stafford pulling out some miraculous wins. Wins the likes of thunder hitting you 3 times in your lifetime had a better chance of happening.

Yes we had injuries....no they werent the worst injuries in the history of the planet like you say. They just seem that bad when you have no depth at all on your team.

Last edited:
Hey dummy. They won 9 games and the refs screwed them in 2 to 3 more. I have been right every year. 6 wins is trolling. You were dead wrong hughes. Admit it. Playoff caliber team. I was right.

Alos explain 2011 2014. You people need to stop being so negative about your own damn team.

Last edited:
Hey dummy. They won 9 games and the refs screwed them in 2 to 3 more. I have been right every year. 6 wins is trolling. You were dead wrong hughes. Admit it. Playoff caliber team. I was right.

Alos explain 2011 2014. You people need to stop being so negative about your own damn team.

you also said they would beat the Giants (WRONG), Dallas (WRONG), Green Bay (WRONG) and Seattle (WRONG)

you also said they would beat the Giants (WRONG), Dallas (WRONG), Green Bay (WRONG) and Seattle (WRONG)

But make the playoffs (RIGHT) and that means I was right for 2016 which trumps any game prediction. Injuries happened. Quinn in his press conference blamed injuries for the 4 game losing streak. He didn't have to mention the injuries, he did. Quinn and I know.

Tell me bud, since we aren't allowed to negative about our teams...

What's the positive about the Pistons?
How about the Wings?
Tigers?
Michigan basketball?

Where are the positives?? These teams all suck. You want me to pretend to blow sunshine about them??

Tell me bud, since we aren't allowed to negative about our teams...

What's the positive about the Pistons?
How about the Wings?
Tigers?
Michigan basketball?

Where are the positives?? These teams all suck. You want me to pretend to blow sunshine about them??

All those teams do suck. Especially Michigan.

The Lions are a good team. Playoff team. They'll get healthy and add more talent.

Last edited:
Ahh gotcha. So it's okay to be positive about a team that's been a laughingstock for 50 years, but negative about teams that actually aren't good.

Got it. Good logic.

Lions are not a laughing stock. They are a good playoff team. Beating all the other NFC teams on the cusp of the playoffs this year. One of only 10 teams to make playoffs 2 of last 3 years.

Lions will add pass rush and athleticism on defense. Big things next year after they made playoffs this year. Moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
Well, by good playoff team if you mean the worst team to make it in and got handily destroyed, then yeah I'm with ya.

Lions are not a laughing stock. They are a good playoff team. Beating all the other NFC teams on the cusp of the playoffs this year. One of only 10 teams to make playoffs 2 of last 3 years.

Lions will add pass rush and athleticism on defense. Big things next year after they made playoffs this year. Moving in the right direction.

They might be a decent team and might be better soon...but if you ask anybody which sports team in the Detroit area is the biggest laughing stock and the overwhelming answer will be the Lions.

They might be a decent team and might be better soon...but if you ask anybody which sports team in the Detroit area is the biggest laughing stock and the overwhelming answer will be the Lions.

Then the educational system of Detroit is the true laughingstock if that is the case.

Then the educational system of Detroit is the true laughingstock if that is the case.

I'm sure the Detroit public school system is a laughingstock as well. Most public school systems in major cities suck.

Since 2000 lions have made the playoffs 3 times, and each of the times they made it as the #6 seed. That is by far the worst of all pro sports teams in Detroit. They are a laughing stock until they do something. Right now our best is getting in the last position of the playoffs.

Since 2000 lions have made the playoffs 3 times, and each of the times they made it as the #6 seed. That is by far the worst of all pro sports teams in Detroit. They are a laughing stock until they do something. Right now our best is getting in the last position of the playoffs.

Millen era yes.

Mayhew and Quinn era. No. Good teams.

Lol lumping Millen stuff into this.

The Lions removed laughing stock label since late in 2010.

We've got 3 so called Lions fan calling them laughing stocks right now on here. Did you all eat paint chips as a kid.? It must be the Michigan educational system because you are beyond stupid. It's incomprehensible stupidity.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit more than 3 fans calling them laughing stock. You might want to go out in the public, or try another forum.

You are probably .00001 percent that actually thinks they are a good organization.

you realize 10 teams is like a third of the league, right? lol Is that supposed to be an accomplishement? The team sucks. 0-5 vs good teams means youre not good.

Its very simple. I know you like to try to complicate things. When you dont score as much as the other team, when your defense gives up a record completion percentage, when your run game is near the bottom of the league, when you cant beat a good team EVER....then youre not a good team. Simple.

12 teams have a playoff win in the past 3 years. If Atlanta wins this weekend, exactly 50% of the NFL teams would have a playoff win in the past 4 years.

Last edited:
you realize 10 teams is like a third of the league, right? lol Is that supposed to be an accomplishement? The team sucks. 0-5 vs good teams means youre not good.

Its very simple. I know you like to try to complicate things. When you dont score as much as the other team, when your defense gives up a record completion percentage, when your run game is near the bottom of the league, when you cant beat a good team EVER....then youre not a good team. Simple.

The Lions did many things well. 3rd down conversions offense, limiting turnovers, special teams, bend but don't break, 4th Quarter play, scored enough points to win 9 games, Stafford 100.5 rating before the finger injury. Played enough defense to win 9 games especially in the middle of the season. Some losses too like at Houston, at Chi, Ten they played good defense.

The run game. Injury. Abdullah and Riddick. And Reiff and Swanson some too
Run D, injury (Ansah, Levy) and late season flop. They could use a better closed end
Completion percentage, some injury some style of play by the defense allowing underneath to avoid big plays against them.

This a good team. They made the playoffs. They beat all the other NFC playoff cusp teams to go to the playoffs. They are a good team. You focused on the two things they did poorly and basically that was due to injuries.

Last edited:
Back