Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford Versus Winning Teams

Actually, they were run off the field in Seattle.

No they were not. It was 13-6 in the mid 4th and Baldwin made a freak catch. Lions were down Abdullah, Riddick, Swanson and Reiff and Diggs (slot and Baldwin was a big in the slot). 3 of those were crucial in Lions wins earlier in the season. The Richardson TD was questionable with his non-called OPI.

5 drops. Seattle didn't earn those stops.

Run O was bad. Lions playing 3rd string RB without C and RT.

It was a close game then Seattle made a big catch (and there was holding on that bomb to Baldwin). Wilson didn't have time all time. Finally got time for a bomb as Seattle held Detroit. This was a close game despite the score.

Ugh, this shtick is so old. So, so old.

I wish we could actually use your passion for the team and have real conversations. But it just devolves into you being a know-it-all and we should bow in your presence. It's just so tiring.

Quote from you:
"Drops, penalties and pathetic run defense

Refs were terrible as expected but Detroit couldn't score or stop Rawls

Need a dt, de and nickel cb. I am off the whitehead and levy train. Inconsistent and now average after injury.

D needs some infused talent. Offense needs healthy Rbs and oline and get their head out of their ass

Disappointing end. They need to figure out how to get better

5 losses to road playoff teams. 34-6 was those teams records at home. Mission impossible"

So, now you are saying this. Make up your mind.

Quote from you:

Need a dt, de and nickel cb. I am off the whitehead and levy train. Inconsistent and now average after injury.

D needs some infused talent. Offense needs healthy Rbs and oline and get their head out of their ass

Disappointing end. They need to figure out how to get better

5 losses to road playoff teams. 34-6 was those teams records at home. Mission impossible"

So, now you are saying this. Make up your mind.

Where did I say it wasn't a close game? Where did I say injuries weren't a factor? I mentioned the refs

I think we need a DE, pass rushing DT and nickel.

34-6 record for the playoff teams we face home record.

You guys need some reading comprehension skills

Spin doctor in the house. You can try and weasel your way out of it, but you got caught on this one.

Clearly after the game, you recognized the team is far off from all the stuff I quoted directly from your mouth.

And now, razor thin margin between Lions and SB.

Flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop. That's your new name. LKflop.

Ugh, this shtick is so old. So, so old.

I wish we could actually use your passion for the team and have real conversations. But it just devolves into you being a know-it-all and we should bow in your presence. It's just so tiring.

You don't need to bow. You need to understand what I have to say and take it into consideration. I gave play by play of Detroit wins and their leads and when they had them and got them back. You need to be more observant and see Lions led most of their wins and it wasn't some fluke last minute comeback.You need to refine your reading comprehension skills. You need to understand who is hurt, what calls the refs make (and how it effects the game). You need to understand there a positives and negatives and the positives outweigh the negatives for Detroit (hughes needs to do this).

And BTW, these are real conversations. You just need to realize my point of view is a good one with real evidence.

Spin doctor in the house. You can try and weasel your way out of it, but you got caught on this one.

Clearly after the game, you recognized the team is far off from all the stuff I quoted directly from your mouth.

And now, razor thin margin between Lions and SB.

Flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop. That's your new name. LKflop.

I said why they lost in terms of play and what they need going forward. There were other reasons like injuries and refs for the loss. Tough road game against teams with good home records.

Just because I said that, doesn't mean they are a bad team. They are good team that needs a few tweaks. But they are very close to a Super Bowl and the playoff game was closer than the score indicated.

You got caught man. It's okay.

One of these is not like the other:

OR

"Razor thin, super close to winning Super Bowl."

It's fine dude. Just admit you were being realistic after the game, and when people were happy you were finally waking up, you had to go all LKP to counter and make things exciting again for us little posters. Things happen, people make mistakes. Just own up to it.

Last edited:
You got caught man. It's okay.

One of these is not like the other:

OR

"Razor thin, super close to winning Super Bowl."

It's fine dude. Just admit you were being realistic after the game, and when people were happy you were finally waking up, you had to go all LKP to counter and make things exciting again for us little posters. Things happen, people make mistakes. Just own up to it.

I showed why they lost. I never said they weren't close to a Super Bowl or not a good team. You are grasping at straws that aren't there dub.

5 drops. Good weapons. Razor thin reason to lose a game from self-inflicted drops
5 miracle catches by Seattle with good coverage on 4 of them. Again razor thin, Seattle probably makes those catches less than 10 percent of the time if you replayed the exact same play over. Razor thin
Injuries are a big reason we lost that game. I think we win if Riddick and Swanson and Reiff play even if Earl Thomas played. Razor thin
Refs were a factor. Not the biggest one for a change

Rawls I thought about it more. He was a good back in 2015. Hurt in early 2016 and finally healthy. Lions need to shore up the run D but they can do that with the same players they have plus one good closed DE.

The game was closer than the score. I proved the Lions are a good team with their wins and they were a good team despite the road losses to playoff teams with 34-6 records at home (hint everyone loses at Giants, at Dallas, at Green Bay, at Seattle, even at Houston)

No they were not. It was 13-6 in the mid 4th and Baldwin made a freak catch. Lions were down Abdullah, Riddick, Swanson and Reiff and Diggs (slot and Baldwin was a big in the slot). 3 of those were crucial in Lions wins earlier in the season. The Richardson TD was questionable with his non-called OPI.

5 drops. Seattle didn't earn those stops.

Run O was bad. Lions playing 3rd string RB without C and RT.

It was a close game then Seattle made a big catch (and there was holding on that bomb to Baldwin). Wilson didn't have time all time. Finally got time for a bomb as Seattle held Detroit. This was a close game despite the score.

26-6

Rawls ran for 161 yards

They were LITERALLY run off the field!

26-6

Rawls ran for 161 yards

They were LITERALLY run off the field!

13-6. Baldwin catches a miracle ball while the Seattle Oline holds. Close loss. And 4 other miracle catches by Seattle

Rawls is a good back when healthy. Wilson a run threat too

Only idiots want Stafford gone. Quinn wants to extend him. And that is all that matters.

Only idiots want Stafford gone. Quinn wants to extend him. And that is all that matters.

Agreed. Make it happen Quinn!! And give Stafford the keys while you're at it. Let him run the offense.

Last edited:
Agreed. Make it happen Quinn!! And give Stafford the keys while you're at it. Let him run the offense.

Hasn't he already run it? It still comes down to the OC. And HC. He's not going to call audibles all the time, and not to offend anyone here but Matt isn't smart enough to do that.

It's a message board. I would guarantee there are a lot of people that also post here who don't watch the Lions with passion.

So, because I'm disconnected from the team, I'm not allowed to debate and talk to other fans?

Give me a freaking break.

You are what the Lions love, Tony. You'll continue to buy their shit, show up at games, and be that fan that makes them money, no matter how much they give a fuck about success.

You're such a rebel, man lol.

Give me a break

Nope, just clarifying that it's possible to be active on a message board and not emotionally attached to a team.

Nope, just clarifying that it's possible to be active on a message board and not emotionally attached to a team.

Nah. It's completely idiotic. If you're not emotionally attached, then how can you have an opinion? You rip on guys that go to Ford Field, buy merch, support the players and staff. Yet you're not attached? You're full of shit....lol. You're overly emotional btw. Too put that much hate into one team proves that. You're not fooling me but keep pretending you don't care. Fkn priceless.

That's fine man. If you were a fly in the wall around me during the games, you'd understand. There's a MASSIVE different between hate and being apathetic. I don't get angry at them anymore. That's a waste of my energy.

It's impossible for me to convey that to you, so I'm not going to drag my feet through this conversation anymore, not worth my time.

"If you're not emotionally attached, how can you have an opinion?" Tony, that might be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard in my life. I've read so much stupid shit from tons of various posters on here, including myself. But that has to be in the top 3.

Last edited:
Back