Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford

Holy shit with the laughing emojis.....Thats so annoying.

Tony and Evolution nailed it a few pages ago, Bush is key to everything, Broyles will be effective in this offense if healthy.

I can see Bush running a lot of short curl/ Comeback, cut routes while Broyles goes more mid field and Megatron goes goalpost route or straight burn route. Of course Pettigrew blocking or sneaking out for a dumpoff if the pocket collapses, as always.

I think the poor display on offense is fools gold, and perhaps the defense front is too. Our Defense isn't going to get 4 TO every game obviously, but I think the offense is better than it showing and is just testing some things out.

No no no...lol. He went on to say that Stafford should be better than that. All i said was 60+% is AR territory. Im not comparing the 2 QBs...dont get it twisted....just the numbers, theres a difference. In no way do i think theyre remotely the same. I was merely pointing out his comp % was very good that year and any QB would have taken a 63+% for the year.

Then he went on to say 65% comp % is not elite. That had nothing to do with Stafford. I named 3-4 ELITE QBs that had an avg of 60+%. That number is elite 100%

He was obviously confused what i was trying to point out. Well, i certainly hope he was

I think Mitch was pointing out that since Stafford throws sooo many dump offs to his running backs, his completion percentage should be higher. I think that's fair. Of the 11 QBs in 2012 with a completion % higher than 63%, all of them averaged more yards per attempt than Stafford. Stafford's was 6.83 yards/attempt. So that's disappointing as a Lion's fan.

Hopefully Stafford plays better this year and is more accurate, because our offense could be very good again if he plays well.

I think Mitch was pointing out that since Stafford throws sooo many dump offs to his running backs, his completion percentage should be higher. I think that's fair. Of the 11 QBs in 2012 with a completion % higher than 63%, all of them averaged more yards per attempt than Stafford. Stafford's was 6.83 yards/attempt. So that's disappointing as a Lion's fan.

Hopefully Stafford plays better this year and is more accurate, because our offense could be very good again if he plays well.

I agree on your last part, bro...100% but ill take a 63% comp all day everyday from my QB. To ask for something better than that is ridiculous IMO.

I agree on your last part, bro...100% but ill take a 63% comp all day everyday from my QB. To ask for something better than that is ridiculous IMO.

And then he went 59.8. Will you take that too..? 63 isn't much when you're dumping it off..all the time.

I think a big part of that is as LKP has brought up before. He was missing his #2, #3 WR and #1 TE. The replacements couldn't catch a cold.

I did read tonight that Mayhew is calling aroundfor a starting caliber WR. I've read trading Leshoure makes the most sense.

I think a big part of that is as LKP has brought up before. He was missing his #2, #3 WR and #1 TE. The replacements couldn't catch a cold.

I did read tonight that Mayhew is calling aroundfor a starting caliber WR. I've read trading Leshoure makes the most sense.

We sure could use 1..I wouldn't mind trading LeShoure but what kind of player could we get for him..? Maybe Torrey Smith ;-)

And then he went 59.8. Will you take that too..? 63 isn't much when you're dumping it off..all the time.

You dont know what youre talking about, dude...sorry. And a 60% clip isnt bad. Go look up the career comp percentages of the great QBs of our time and the past. They range around 60-65%. If Staff can stick around that, ill take it all day.

Last edited:
I saw Denarious Moore(from Oakland) brought up. Though that is just fan speculation.

Moore is a bum and TSmith is overrated. Smith does one thing good, he runs fast in a straight line. Lets see what he does with Boldin gone this year and Jacoby Jones as his #2. I guarantee you he struggles because Smith is not a legitimate #1 ....just my 2 cents

You dont know what youre talking about, dude...sorry. And a 60% clip isnt bad. Go look up the career comp percentages of the great QBs of our time and the past. They range around 60-65%. If Staff can stick around that, ill take it all day.

Of course you would, 59.8% and 6.5 Y/A. That's just win all day long..

You ever pull your hair out after a 3rd and 8 and pass to Pettigrew only goes for 7? That's what a 6.5 gets ya..

Of course you would, 59.8% and 6.5 Y/A. That's just win all day long..

You ever pull your hair out after a 3rd and 8 and pass to Pettigrew only goes for 7? That's what a 6.5 gets ya..

Of course i would? Dude, so would every other poster on this fn board. Look it up if you think im lying...holy shitballs.

And your Pettigrew analogy is the dumbest one yet to date. Wtf are you yammering about?

You think Staff is the problem when there are so many other holes. It boggles the mind

Last edited:

how does trading Leshoure make the most sense? If they trade him who is going to be their goal line / short yardage back?

Of course i would? Dude, so would every other poster on this fn board. Look it up if you think im lying...holy shitballs.

And your Pettigrew analogy is the dumbest one yet to date. Wtf are you yammering about?

You think Staff is the problem when there are so many other holes. It boggles the mind

I want to see this "poll" of this board that say they'd be happy with 59.8% & 6.5 Y/A. You need to use the Y/A because we dump it off so much. I'll take 59.8% if the Y/A is at 9. Or close to it..

I never said Staff is the problem. I'm just saying 59.8 blows for a team who dumps it off so much. Staff was just one of many who fk'd up 2012. So go make your poll..

I want to see this "poll" of this board that say they'd be happy with 59.8% & 6.5 Y/A. You need to use the Y/A because we dump it off so much. I'll take 59.8% if the Y/A is at 9. Or close to it..

I never said Staff is the problem. I'm just saying 59.8 blows for a team who dumps it off so much. Staff was just one of many who fk'd up 2012. So go make your poll..

Im talking comp percentage. im not talking anything else. i dont give a fuck how much he 'dumps off', he still has to get the ball out of his hands and into another players via the pass. ill take 60% all day....end of story.

Im talking comp percentage. im not talking anything else. i dont give a fuck how much he 'dumps off', he still has to get the ball out of his hands and into another players via the pass. ill take 60% all day....end of story.

That's why 59.8 sucks. You do know its easier to complete passes via the dump off..eh?

Granted, it might be better than the previous QB's here but it still sucks for a guy making a fortune, #1 pick. Hill has a career % better than Staff.

Moore is a bum and TSmith is overrated. Smith does one thing good, he runs fast in a straight line. Lets see what he does with Boldin gone this year and Jacoby Jones as his #2. I guarantee you he struggles because Smith is not a legitimate #1 ....just my 2 cents

I hope they land him somehow now more than ever.

how does trading Leshoure make the most sense? If they trade him who is going to be their goal line / short yardage back?

Bell could fill in just fine, maybe even better than Leshoure. Bell is basically the same as Leshoure, but makes better cuts, is quicker, and breaks more tackles.

Bell could fill in just fine, maybe even better than Leshoure. Bell is basically the same as Leshoure, but makes better cuts, is quicker, and breaks more tackles.

This. Lets see LeShoure yr. 2 after his big injury. I hope he makes a huge improvement.

Back