Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stonum

I am torn on this right now I really am. Yes the kid screwed up again but was this big enough to kick him off the team after he has done everything he has had to on and off the field or 8 months. I am not sure. I will leave the call up to Hoke and Dave Brandon and what ever they decide I will back.

wheels002 said:
I am torn on this right now I really am. Yes the kid screwed up again but was this big enough to kick him off the team after he has done everything he has had to on and off the field or 8 months. I am not sure. I will leave the call up to Hoke and Dave Brandon and what ever they decide I will back.

im sure they appreciate your deferral on the matter lol ;)

What a dumb ass. We'll see what Hoke does and if people think it's the same thing he would have done if Stonum was slated to be 4th on the depth chart in 2012. My guess is he runs a couple extra laps and is starting in the Fall. Without Stonum it's very thin for U of M at WR.

azian6er said:
wheels002 said:

im sure they appreciate your deferral on the matter lol ;)

lol you know what I mean though. If he were drunk then yes by all means the kid has to go. Should he have been driving hell no. But is that enough to kick him off the team. Does one moment with a small lapse of judgement out due the work he has done.

Hoke said he must follow all his legal obligations. He just broke probation. HE DIDNT FOLLOW HIS LEGAL OBLIGATIONS, so, he should be gone, according to Hoke.

He has not been charged with violating probation. But lying to his probation officer about how he got there isn't good, unless somehow, he was dropped off and somehow again drove a car that someone somehow drove to the courthouse for him to drive.

When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

azian6er said:
greenandwhite95 said:
Hoke said he must follow all his legal obligations. He just broke probation. HE DIDNT FOLLOW HIS LEGAL OBLIGATIONS, so, he should be gone, according to Hoke.

following legal obligations could mean a lot. it could have meant dont break probabtion. it could also mean if you did something to break probation then he must pay the associated fines, comm. svc. and serve the longer suspension.

i mean, honestly, in the grand scheme of things comparing risking someones life by driving while intoxicated and hopping into a car and driving to see your probation officer are worlds apart. He was attempting to fulfill his legal obligation (ie check in with probation officer) but he did so in an idiotic and moronic way.

He should have gotten a ride.

Like I said, driving under suspension isn't that big of a deal in the legal world - it just seems much worse because everything he does is so highly scrutinized since he is a repeat offender. he shold have known better

I hear what you're saying, it's a petty offense and we have enough people already clogging up our legal system ( believe me, I ws a C/O for 12 years ) but, his COACH gave him another opportunity last year to follow the rules, and he couldn't do it. If the courts tell you, you cant do this, why would you do it. Stupidity. Your coach needs to kick him off, or he will start something Dantonio like.

greenandwhite95 said:
azian6er said:
following legal obligations could mean a lot. it could have meant dont break probabtion. it could also mean if you did something to break probation then he must pay the associated fines, comm. svc. and serve the longer suspension.

i mean, honestly, in the grand scheme of things comparing risking someones life by driving while intoxicated and hopping into a car and driving to see your probation officer are worlds apart. He was attempting to fulfill his legal obligation (ie check in with probation officer) but he did so in an idiotic and moronic way.

Like I said, driving under suspension isn't that big of a deal in the legal world - it just seems much worse because everything he does is so highly scrutinized since he is a repeat offender. he shold have known better

I hear what you're saying, it's a petty offense and we have enough people already clogging up our legal system ( believe me, I ws a C/O for 12 years ) but, his COACH gave him another opportunity last year to follow the rules, and he couldn't do it. If the courts tell you, you cant do this, why would you do it. Stupidity. Your coach needs to kick him off, or he will start something Dantonio like.

Green can we at least agree that if this was a spartan player you would defend this as a petty offense as much as U of M fans are right now?

greenandwhite95 said:
azian6er said:

Until Hoke has 2 gang beatdowns in 2 years and then comes out in public saying that he will have a zero tolerance policy concerning those players involved from here after and then one of those players gets a DUI, serves his jail time and then immediately is inserted into a blowout loss at Iowa, then Hoke isn't approaching Dantonio status, so you can get that junk out of here.

wheels002 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Green can we at least agree that if this was a spartan player you would defend this as a petty offense as much as U of M fans are right now?

No, he won't admit it. He acts like he takes the high road here on these boards, but you know, secretly, when he gets with his MSU buddies, he takes a different road.

would they have pulled stonum over if he was white? less likely.

stats back me up.

Hungry said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Until Hoke has 2 gang beatdowns in 2 years and then comes out in public saying that he will have a zero tolerance policy concerning those players involved from here after and then one of those players gets a DUI, serves his jail time and then immediately is inserted into a blowout loss at Iowa, then Hoke isn't approaching Dantonio status, so you can get that junk out of here.

I said Dantonio like. He would have along way to go before he gets status.

wheels002 said:
greenandwhite95 said:

I would say this is a petty offense but I would expect our coach to do the right thing, which Dantonio has failed at, again, and again. This is beyond strike three. The kid can't follow rules. Time to be welcomed to the real world and thrown out on his ass.

Hungry said:
wheels002 said:

No, he won't admit it. He acts like he takes the high road here on these boards, but you know, secretly, when he gets with his MSU buddies, he takes a different road.

Hey, you're being a Jackass.

He is probably done... The kid can't follow the rules... Time to cut him loose..

greenandwhite95 said:
Hungry said:

I said Dantonio like. He would have along way to go before he gets status.

Don't think it would be Dantonio-like at all, unless you think going 5 over is like reckless driving.

greenandwhite95 said:
Hungry said:

Hey, you're being a Jackass.

We all know you're fake.

Hoke just said in a press conf that there is no change in Stonum's status.

Back