Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stonum

wheels002 said:
Hoke just said in a press conf that there is no change in Stonum's status.

I knew there wouldn't be. this is freaking beans we are talking about here.

There is no way he gets kicked off. Mark my words.

Stonum likely violated his probation, I'm sure that not driving under any circumstances was a term of his probation. This is like his 5th strike, he's had 2 Drunk drivings and isn't this his 3rd driving while license suspended/revoked? I'm sure Hoke is waiting until he gets all of the facts, but his status (indefinite suspension) hasn't changed yet. Bummer.

johnny2x2x said:
Stonum likely violated his probation, I'm sure that not driving under any circumstances was a term of his probation. This is like his 5th strike, he's had 2 Drunk drivings and isn't this his 3rd driving while license suspended/revoked? I'm sure Hoke is waiting until he gets all of the facts, but his status (indefinite suspension) hasn't changed yet. Bummer.

He will only violate his probation if he actually ends up getting charged with violating his probation. I think its his 4th strike, but maybe he went 5 over on his way there.

Isn't his current status, "0ff the team?" Stonum has to be reinstated for his status to change.

He has been working he'd t get back and had hoped to back

Did they hae his car on notice?

He has been actively tweeting all year and was being supported by other team members to remember th goal
He vet tweeted about his best friend junior hemingway

Red and Guilty said:
Come on Stonum. Get it together.

Stonum doesn't post here. might want to tweet that, or email Dave Brandon and see if he'll tell him what you said.

He drove to the court where his probation meeting was, the officer was waiting outside the parking lot it sounds like. They do this a lot at the court houses here in GR. You have to be stupid to drive on a revoked license to a court house to meet your PO. There's little doubt he drove at other times too and the judge is not going to be happy.

It sucks losing your license and it's hard to get around especially in the winter, but you don't drive to your probation no matter what, these people are not stupid, they deal with people like Stonum everyday, they know that people drive all the time on suspended and revoked licenses so they have officers waiting outside of these places on a regular basis. Either it was just random or the PO had it set up because they suspected he was driving.

The judge has seen him too many times now and obviously revoking his license has not worked, he's been caught driving 3 times now when he wasn't supposed to. Jail time is possible.

johnny2x2x said:
He drove to the court where his probation meeting was, the officer was waiting outside the parking lot it sounds like. They do this a lot at the court houses here in GR. You have to be stupid to drive on a revoked license to a court house to meet your PO. There's little doubt he drove at other times too and the judge is not going to be happy.

It sucks losing your license and it's hard to get around especially in the winter, but you don't drive to your probation no matter what, these people are not stupid, they deal with people like Stonum everyday, they know that people drive all the time on suspended and revoked licenses so they have officers waiting outside of these places on a regular basis. Either it was just random or the PO had it set up because they suspected he was driving.

The judge has seen him too many times now and obviously revoking his license has not worked, he's been caught driving 3 times now when he wasn't supposed to. Jail time is possible.

Thanks for this new information.

johnny2x2x said:
http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/darryl-stonum-probation-violation-michigan-football/

10 days in jail for probation violation, ouch.

I wonder what hoke does now? I can't imagine that he'd still be on the team after Jail time considering this is like his 3rd or 4th strike.

Well, that seems to have happened very quickly

I'm amazed they gave him jail time with the way the state is just shoving people out of prison and jail at this time. Now they're going to house an inmate and give him money on his way out for 10 whole days, because he drove a car without a license. Weird

We'll see what happens.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
johnny2x2x said:
http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/darryl-stonum-probation-violation-michigan-football/

10 days in jail for probation violation, ouch.

I wonder what hoke does now? I can't imagine that he'd still be on the team after Jail time considering this is like his 3rd or 4th strike.

but he is still fulfilling his "legal" obligations lol.

feel bad for the kid - but he brought this on himself. Interesting to see what hoke does. We need stonum badly next year, so I think he will find some way to spin it off and still have him on the team.

Hungry said:
Well, that seems to have happened very quickly

I'm amazed they gave him jail time with the way the state is just shoving people out of prison and jail at this time. Now they're going to house an inmate and give him money on his way out for 10 whole days, because he drove a car without a license. Weird

We'll see what happens.

I'm guessing this will be one of those things where they take him in for a few hours and release him because of "overcrowding" or whatever it is. They essentially book him and make him wait around for like 15 hours before letting him out.

You know, Darryl Stonum hasn't faced any real consequences from Michigan yet, he was not really suspended from the team, he was red shirted. He's been practicing with them, eating at the training table and he even traveled to New Orleans with them. He now has 4 alcohol incidents and 3 driving while license suspended/revoked and he's in jail for 10 days missing class presently, but he's kept his schollie and been part of the team the whole while. That's a shame, but I think Hoke will do the right thing now.

johnny2x2x said:
You know, Darryl Stonum hasn't faced any real consequences from Michigan yet, he was not really suspended from the team, he was red shirted. He's been practicing with them, eating at the training table and he even traveled to New Orleans with them. He now has 4 alcohol incidents and 3 driving while license suspended/revoked and he's in jail for 10 days missing class presently, but he's kept his schollie and been part of the team the whole while. That's a shame, but I think Hoke will do the right thing now.

he got suspended for 13 games, including a bcs game. Making him workout and practice is a good thing. I can never understand why some coaches suspend players from practice. That doesn't hurt the player at all.

Hungry said:
johnny2x2x said:

he got suspended for 13 games, including a bcs game. Making him workout and practice is a good thing. I can never understand why some coaches suspend players from practice. That doesn't hurt the player at all.

Not true, suspended would mean he was not part of the team, he just was forced to take a redshirt year so he didn't lose a year of eligibility. Suspended players do not travel with the team or eat at the training table. Red shirting him was the only way that they could have him available for 2012. If they would have suspended him for 6 games in 2011 they would have lost him for 2012. This has every thing to do with the depth chart at WR in 2012 and is pretty weak.

We'll see what Hoke does now, but this kid is not on his 2nd or 3rd strike, it's like his 7th strike.

I though he had 2 alcohol related offenses not 4.. Those are much worse then just driving his car to his probation hearing which is beyond dumb. Anyway you can bet Hoke won't get him picked up from jail and dropped off too his classes.. I mean we could just pick him up and drive him to practice if it was in season like some coaches do in this conference after much a much worse incidents ;)

Back