Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stonum

Driving on a suspended means you're an alcoholic. He had to be at court at 7 or 8.. Better than not showing. He did what he felt was necessary.. Not that big of a deal imo but when you've made mistakes you have to play by their rules.

johnny2x2x said:
michlady77 said:
Agree I hope he can lick ths problem
He us too young too be like this

His tweets last few weeks had all been positive

You know, in my experience, the people that get multiple DUIs and other alcohol offenses, Stonum has 4 total, are really serious alcoholics. Sure there are exceptions, but 99.9% of people who have been in trouble, not once, not twice, but 4 times with the courts for alcohol including 2 DUIs have a serious issue. The system is set up to net people like that, even with DUI you get 1 free pass. Sure it will cost you a ton, but you wont be in the system forever for having a few too many and driving once. It takes being a drunk to get caught 4 times.

It's good he had the chance to go to U of M on scholarship for 4 years, hopefully he did something for himself in that time.

Did he get caught drinking and driving 4 times?

Hungry said:
johnny2x2x said:
You know, in my experience, the people that get multiple DUIs and other alcohol offenses, Stonum has 4 total, are really serious alcoholics. Sure there are exceptions, but 99.9% of people who have been in trouble, not once, not twice, but 4 times with the courts for alcohol including 2 DUIs have a serious issue. The system is set up to net people like that, even with DUI you get 1 free pass. Sure it will cost you a ton, but you wont be in the system forever for having a few too many and driving once. It takes being a drunk to get caught 4 times.

It's good he had the chance to go to U of M on scholarship for 4 years, hopefully he did something for himself in that time.

Nope just 2 DUIs, but the judge mentioned 2 other alcohol offenses, he's been a minor most of this whole time so maybe MIPs. In addition he's now had 3 driving while license suspended/revoked. 7 strikes.

johnny2x2x said:
Hungry said:

Nope just 2 DUIs, but the judge mentioned 2 other alcohol offenses, he's been a minor most of this whole time so maybe MIPs. In addition he's now had 3 driving while license suspended/revoked. 7 strikes.

Kind of what I was referring to being young wand higher can address it

I have the feeling doesn't realize he has an alcohol problem

azian6er said:
wheels002 said:
Hoke just said in a press conf that there is no change in Stonum's status.

I knew there wouldn't be. this is freaking beans we are talking about here.

There is no way he gets kicked off. Mark my words.

Didn't you just get done saying that if he goes to jail you could see Hoke kicking him off the team?

The words of Judge Pope before sentencing this idiot are highly entertaining.

"Pope detailed Stonum's driving record and his two alcohol-related offenses during the hearing. He also indicated Stonum had not paid probation fees of $1,950 that had built during his seven months of probation.

"Look, man, you had an MIP (minor in possession) earlier, which got dismissed under the first-offender program; you got another MIP that got dismissed; you got a drunk-driving charge which got reduced to impaired; you got a second-offense drunk-driving charge that got reduced to second-offense impaired," Pope told Stonum.

"You're 21 years old. To have somebody with four encounters with the criminal justice system involving the use and abuse of alcohol at the age of 21 is extremely unusual. You're less than 1 percent of the population as a result of that."

Pope told Stonum he had been lying to the court and system.

"The part that's the worst is you're deceitful about it," Pope said. "We had you coming in here, we're congratulating you, you start this group, that's all great and beautiful, but the whole time you're deceiving us behind our backs. We put a lot of resources into you for all the reasons we want to, to support you, and you're disrespecting us."

johnny2x2x said:
The words of Judge Pope before sentencing this idiot are highly entertaining.

"Pope detailed Stonum's driving record and his two alcohol-related offenses during the hearing. He also indicated Stonum had not paid probation fees of $1,950 that had built during his seven months of probation.

"Look, man, you had an MIP (minor in possession) earlier, which got dismissed under the first-offender program; you got another MIP that got dismissed; you got a drunk-driving charge which got reduced to impaired; you got a second-offense drunk-driving charge that got reduced to second-offense impaired," Pope told Stonum.

"You're 21 years old. To have somebody with four encounters with the criminal justice system involving the use and abuse of alcohol at the age of 21 is extremely unusual. You're less than 1 percent of the population as a result of that."

Pope told Stonum he had been lying to the court and system.

"The part that's the worst is you're deceitful about it," Pope said. "We had you coming in here, we're congratulating you, you start this group, that's all great and beautiful, but the whole time you're deceiving us behind our backs. We put a lot of resources into you for all the reasons we want to, to support you, and you're disrespecting us."

Hoke has no choice in my opinion... He has to cut this phony out of the program...

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't consider it entertaining, though.

azian6er said:
wheels002 said:
Hoke just said in a press conf that there is no change in Stonum's status.

I knew there wouldn't be. this is freaking beans we are talking about here.

There is no way he gets kicked off. Mark my words.

Ok.

johnny2x2x said:
To have somebody with four encounters with the criminal justice system involving the use and abuse of alcohol at the age of 21 is extremely unusual. You're less than 1 percent of the population as a result of that."

I know a ton of people who make up that 1 percent..

Back