Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Negotiations

Point taken Hughes. I had forgotten Shuan Hill. I am reasonably certain Mayhew wanted him back.

Hill will be the 37th highest paid QB next season, even at $1.75MM that's too much for a guy who has barely seen the field in 3 years. Plus, don't forget there are two sides to every agreement, how do we even know Hill wanted to come back? Linehan's gone and maybe he wanted to be a backup with a chance to start, and St. Louis is a good place with Bradford coming off an injury.

I really don't want to start another debate about the worth of backup QBs. Simply put, I'd rather see that million saved go towards a guy who will actually see the field and contribute every game. Even if it's a scrubby special teamer, that's more of a contribution than Hill has put in the last 3 seasons.

Unfortunately a good portion of Hills money went towards Dan Orlovsky.

other teams go from bottom to top in 1 year....weve taken 50. Theres parity in the NFL....there's no parity in how shitty the lions have been.

really? other teams have gone from 0-16 and devoid of much NFL talent to 16-0 in one year? you're reaching and even you know it, unless you really are as dumb as we all think you are.

Unfortunately a good portion of Hills money went towards Dan Orlovsky.

Explain

Dan-O's avg salary (920k) is about half of what Hill is making (1.75MM)
Dan-O's cap hit (635k) is about a third of Hill's cap hit (1.75MM)

The Lions saved over $1.1MM by signing a cheap veteran backup over Hill

Would you prefer that extra $1.1MM be rotting on the bench?

Explain

Dan-O's avg salary (920k) is about half of what Hill is making (1.75MM)
Dan-O's cap hit (635k) is about a third of Hill's cap hit (1.75MM)

The Lions saved over $1.1MM by signing a cheap veteran backup over Hill

Would you prefer that extra $1.1MM be rotting on the bench?

Like I said a good portion of Hills money went towards Dan Orlovsky. I didn't suggest there wasn't any savings..

Like I said a good portion of Hills money went towards Dan Orlovsky. I didn't suggest there wasn't any savings..

I think what Grandy was getting at is that generally when people say "a good portion" it means over 50%. As Grandy pointed out, signing Orlovsky didn't even use half of the money Hill received.

I think what Grandy was getting at is that generally when people say "a good portion" it means over 50%. As Grandy pointed out, signing Orlovsky didn't even use half of the money Hill received.

It's all relative I guess. My point was we used some of his money on a shitty player.

It's all relative I guess. My point was we used some of his money on a shitty player.

I do agree with that. I don't ever want to see Orlovsky on the field again. Hoping we take a QB with one of our compensatory picks in the 4th round to be our backup.

really? other teams have gone from 0-16 and devoid of much NFL talent to 16-0 in one year? you're reaching and even you know it, unless you really are as dumb as we all think you are.

you post the above statement and call me dumb? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! the 0-16 year was how long ago? Youre implying it was last year. ur a fuckin idiot. Teams have gone from worst to first all the time...almost every year it happens within the division. We haven't won the division in forever....cant even remember when the last time we won the division was. its a joke....were a running joke amongst the entire nfl. The ONLY other team that gets close to as much flack as us is Cleveland.

if you thought I meant we should have went from 0-16 to 16-0 in 1 year from what I posted....than you sir are dumber than we all thought....

Last edited:
you post the above statement and call me dumb? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! the 0-16 year was how long ago? Youre implying it was last year. ur a fuckin idiot. Teams have gone from worst to first all the time...almost every year it happens within the division. We haven't won the division in forever....cant even remember when the last time we won the division was. its a joke....were a running joke amongst the entire nfl. The ONLY other team that gets close to as much flack as us is Cleveland.

if you thought I meant we should have went from 0-16 to 16-0 in 1 year from what I posted....than you sir are dumber than we all thought....

Last year alone.

KC had the worst record in the NFL in 2012 (2-14) and made the playoffs in 2013 (11-5)

Philly had the worst record in the NFC in 2012 (4-12) and won their division in 2013 with a 10-6 record.

ur a fuckin idiot.
pot... meet kettle

before you start to insult someone, you should probably learn to spell like a grown up. you're making yourself look even more ignorant every time you post this drivel.

clearly you have nothing better to do with your time since all you do is post on a message board, but i'll break it down to you again. i was clearly talking about how Millen put together the worst team in NFL history and Mayhew had to clean that up. you said teams go worst to first all the time, but (as i pointed out) no team has ever gone from winless to first. get your head out of your ass you moron and learn to read and follow a conversation instead of pulling shit out of your ass.

Last year alone.

KC had the worst record in the NFL in 2012 (2-14) and made the playoffs in 2013 (11-5)

Philly had the worst record in the NFC in 2012 (4-12) and won their division in 2013 with a 10-6 record.
you're right, but then again, both of those teams would have destroyed our wonderful 0-16 Lions. no team has ever gone from 0-anything to first.

KC also got a new coach and a new QB last year, and they already had a decent D and lets not forget Charles. but they also stumbled down the stretch and barely made it into the playoffs. they weren't a worst to first team.

Philly was a surprise to say the least. no expectations, stumbled early, then hit their groove when Chip realized they can't play at Oregon's pace without suffering. then again, that is a really weak division that played even weaker last year with NY and Wash not even close to their potential.

pot... meet kettle

before you start to insult someone, you should probably learn to spell like a grown up. you're making yourself look even more ignorant every time you post this drivel.

clearly you have nothing better to do with your time since all you do is post on a message board, but i'll break it down to you again. i was clearly talking about how Millen put together the worst team in NFL history and Mayhew had to clean that up. you said teams go worst to first all the time, but (as i pointed out) no team has ever gone from winless to first. get your head out of your ass you moron and learn to read and follow a conversation instead of pulling shit out of your ass.

you're right, but then again, both of those teams would have destroyed our wonderful 0-16 Lions. no team has ever gone from 0-anything to first.

KC also got a new coach and a new QB last year, and they already had a decent D and lets not forget Charles. but they also stumbled down the stretch and barely made it into the playoffs. they weren't a worst to first team.

Philly was a surprise to say the least. no expectations, stumbled early, then hit their groove when Chip realized they can't play at Oregon's pace without suffering. then again, that is a really weak division that played even weaker last year with NY and Wash not even close to their potential.

Andrew luck has made the playoffs how many times sine he was drafted #1 overall? Theres examples you can point to every year....blaming millen and his 0-16 campaign from SIX years ago is just foolish at this point. Its simply not the case. Its mayhews poor drafting, not enough done in FA to plug holes due to his poor drafting, and pissing away picks on the likes of whitehead, mike Thomas, leshoure, best etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...

Call me names all you want.....UR wrong....as usual. Yes I called you dumb AFTER you called me dumb. And once you realize how right I am and how wrong UR statements are you resort to pointing to grammar. Just like every other NOOB poster on here. Sorry I used noob, if you don't understand simple Thread etiquete like "UR" then theres probably nowaiii in hell you understand "nowaii" or "noob." Maybe you should take a class or something....

Last edited:
Andrew luck has made the playoffs how many times sine he was drafted #1 overall? Theres examples you can point to every year....blaming millen and his 0-16 campaign from SIX years ago is just foolish at this point. Its simply not the case. Its mayhews poor drafting, not enough done in FA to plug holes due to his poor drafting, and pissing away picks on the likes of whitehead, mike Thomas, leshoure, best etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc...

Call me names all you want.....UR wrong....as usual. Yes I called you dumb AFTER you called me dumb. And once you realize how right I am and how wrong UR statements are you resort to pointing to grammar. Just like every other NOOB poster on here. Sorry I used noob, if you don't understand simple Thread etiquete like "UR" then theres probably nowaiii in hell you understand "nowaii" or "noob." Maybe you should take a class or something....
WTF are you talking about? i'm really starting to feel bad for you man, your life must be really pathetic for you to hang out on a message board all day long instead of making something of yourself. i'm so sorry that you life sucks that bad.

wow aren't you hypocritical?

WTF are you talking about? i'm really starting to feel bad for you man, your life must be really pathetic for you to hang out on a message board all day long instead of making something of yourself. i'm so sorry that you life sucks that bad.

don't feel bad....im doing just fine :D

Back