Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The New Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake Harris has officially decommitted from Sparty. Not a big shock at all he has been at U of M the last 3 weekends. He would fill a major need but I have a feeling this will wnd up like a Treadwell situation.

There seems to be some speculation about whether the official decommit is true. I think we've been expecting that for awhile now.

Long way to go, but with basketball off the board, he isnt coming to State. It looks like you guys, OsU and probably BaMa. I heard Saban was already trying to sink his talons into him and im sure Meyer has some tricks up his sleeve. The good thing for you guys is, I heard he wanted to stay close to home, BUT, i have heard that before ( Parker ).

BTW, i saw you guys also got a BB committ today. Some PF out of Florida, sorry no link.

Long way to go, but with basketball off the board, he isnt coming to State. It looks like you guys, OsU and probably BaMa. I heard Saban was already trying to sink his talons into him and im sure Meyer has some tricks up his sleeve. The good thing for you guys is, I heard he wanted to stay close to home, BUT, i have heard that before ( Parker ).

BTW, i saw you guys also got a BB committ today. Some PF out of Florida, sorry no link.

Thanks, we've talked about the bball commit in the bball thread.

Thanks, we've talked about the bball commit in the bball thread.

Sorry, I was just going by what Monster said in the first post of this very thread. Football and Basketball recruiting news. Glad you guys have it covered, thought you were slipping.

So, I guess Da'Shawn Hand's visit went well....

"The visit was amazing," he said. "It really surpassed the expectations I had going into it. On Saturday, we got to campus and met with the coaching staff for a while and got to see the academic facilities early. I met with a professor and got that tour as well. Then we got to sit in and watch practice too. Then I got to spend time with the players as well."

Among the players Hand spent time with were sophomore cornerback Blake Countess, sophomore tight end A.J. Williams, incoming freshmen Shane Morris and Taco Charlton and also fellow 2014 recruit Michael Ferns, who is already committed to Michigan.

"Honestly, it was like I had known these guys for years," Hand said. "We all clicked right away. The people in general are just really nice and really genuine. It's the one thing about the visit that really stood out most to me. The coaches as a whole all really stood out as people - - they are my favorite coaching staff and being around them this weekend reinforced that."

Hand would be a very nice get. Sounds like the players hosting him were the best closers we have. The only player Shane really couldnt get last year was Treadwell.

I love the fact that the recruits from last year bought into the program so quickly. Its nice being able to know that the people who choose to come to Michigan are coming because they believe in the attitude and ideals that this coaching staff and those that have come before with 1 minor exception stand for. Being a Michigan Man is what this team is building a family around and its nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back