Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

Having Hoke for another year is just wasting another year of UofM football.

The guy has proven he cannot coach at this level, cut ties and move on, the program is in shambles and it's just going to continue to regress under Hoke.

Having Hoke for another year is just wasting another year of UofM football.

The guy has proven he cannot coach at this level, cut ties and move on, the program is in shambles and it's just going to continue to regress under Hoke.

I'm not saying I don't want him to be replaced, I'm saying that if the alternative is the third wrong guy in a row, I'd rather put up with one more year of Hoke than 3+ more years of not being competitive. And I also would rather not see Michigan in the same position that landed them RR because their entire short list turned them down.

I would say the majority of alternatives are better than Hoke, even Schiano.

We know what Brady Hoke is. He's a bad football coach. At least Schiano turned a program that was a laughing stock into a competitive team.

The unknown is better than the known.

Keeping Hoke for another year would destroy the program. What does waiting another year do? Nothing at all but drive the program even further into obscurity. And to top it all off, you can get the same coach now as you could a year earlier with the right offer.

Keeping Hoke for another year would destroy the program. What does waiting another year do? Nothing at all but drive the program even further into obscurity. And to top it all off, you can get the same coach now as you could a year earlier with the right offer.

Thinking the same thing. As I posted in another thread, the 2015 class is going to be small regardless. The 2016 class could potentially see UM sign the B1G maximum. What better way to put a new coach in a position to succeed quickly/immediately than to give him that opportunity in his first full recruiting cycle.

This came up in the "Post Hoke looking forward to" thread...

Originally Posted by thewolverines24 View Post
While we're at it, we could hire Air Force's coach and get back to running the wish bone!
Troy Calhoun is only 48. Decent win/loss record, coordinator in the NFL. Plus, Air Force just beat Colorado State, coached by Jim McElwain who's been a hot name thrown around.

Paul Johnson's done some good things at Georgia Tech too.

Imagine that backfield....Morris at QB (only having to throw 10-14 times a game) with Isaac, Johnson, and Green.

Kind of makes sense, with UM's offensive strength being at the running back position with weaknesses/question marks at WR and QB.

(And there's a 3 star dual threat QB named Gardner Minshew who hasn't verbaled to a school yet. Imagine that, another Gardner quarterbacking at Michigan!)

After doing a little reading on Troy Calhoun, I wouldn't be opposed to hearing his name thrown around as a serious candidate. Good success as a HC, NFL experience, young enough to potentially be around for awhile...

And we all know how the UM traditionalists loved their 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Hopefully they're willing to be flexible and embrace the 3 yards and a cloud of shredded old Goodyear tire pellets.

IF they keep Hoke, how pissed would people be if they won the B1G and their bowl game next year? lol

Omg hoke is going recruiting tomorrow? Why are they letting him do this? This is so fucked I bet he stays now.

So has anyone noticed that the coach Hoke replaced is playing in the PAC-12 championship game against the same Oregon team that they've beat twice in a row?

I know, he didn't fit in. Just sayin.

So has anyone noticed that the coach Hoke replaced is playing in the PAC-12 championship game against the same Oregon team that they've beat twice in a row?

We can't go back in time four years and give RR another season and see how things go.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Hoke move on and have success.

It just was bad karma. Play a traditional pro offense so they hire someone who doesn't, RR. Some players leave, others aren't aren't suited for RR system. He gets canned, go back to pro offense..we have QB who don't run it and players as well.

This is a big reason why UM is shit right now.

My aversion reasons were answered by someone else....

I also agree on jones not being good choice either

I have used the term wandering before and I am concerned also about another iffy hire

Of course can never predict how things turn out

We can't go back in time four years and give RR another season and see how things go.

I know. I just pointed it out because of the fact that so many people seem to think that worst case is keeping Hoke for one more year rather than just hiring someone else because they have a different name. At the same time, I think that first season of Hoke is the same if RR was still here, so the season that bought him some good loses some of its significance when you take away the credit from Hoke and crew.

Also adding to the point someone else made about downgrading the quality of coach and how that can't happen again.

:nod:

Back