Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

If there's internal debate regarding Les Miles' candidacy at Michigan, there's also a lack of self-awareness at Michigan.

saw this on twitter

not sure what they will do with banquet

I have a weird feeling nuss is a candidate....why else would he cone here from Alabama? Not neccesarily do I want nuss....but I think an up and coming o cord with a history of developing qbs would be a better option than a has been with name familiarity like a butch jones.

Harbaugh
harbaugh
Mullen
o cord
Everyone else
Miles

Source w/knowledge of situation tells me that #Michigan has gauged the interest of Duke HC David Cutcliffe (VIP): http://t.co/mR0EZ9igmv
— Steve Lorenz (@TremendousUM) December 9, 2014

Source w/knowledge of situation tells me that #Michigan has gauged the interest of Duke HC David Cutcliffe (VIP): http://t.co/mR0EZ9igmv
? Steve Lorenz (@TremendousUM) December 9, 2014

That was the name I saw on the list of all D-I coaches that was posted the other day in reply to the Cowturd rumor..

To add, why the hell would you go after Cutcliffe when you have Miles waiting. Cutcliffe was around for the Tennessee shenanigans (if it is why we are discounting Miles).

Last edited:
To add, why the hell would you go after Cutcliffe when you have Miles waiting. Cutcliffe was around for the Tennessee shenanigans (if it is why we are discounting Miles).

I've thought it might be Miles but have concluded that would be a mistake. Great pedigree, Moeller's wife notwithstanding, but he's too damn old. It would be like when the Browns brought Holmgren in to save the franchise. He was baked by the time he came to CLE. That's Miles. M needs to make a better decision.

Last edited:
I've thought it might be Miles but have concluded that would be a mistake. Great pedigree, Moeller's wife notwithstanding, but he's too damn old. It would be like when the Browns brought Holmgren in to save the franchise. He was baked by the time he came to CLE. That's Miles. M needs to make a better decision.

Have you ever seen Cutcliffe? He's 60 and looks like a worn out bloodhound.

Reaching out to Miles also puts indirect pressure on the Harbaugh camp without having to impose some form of drop dead time, which apparently was discussed at a regents meeting last night during/around the football bust.

Have you ever seen Cutcliffe? He's 60 and looks like a worn out bloodhound.

Wasn't commenting on Cutcliffe. Don't know squat about him. Based on what you say, he would be a mistake too. Even worse than Miles.

Back