Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

His name came up last week.

Seems like he will wind up somewhere in time

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12034766/les-miles-says-leave-lsu-tigers-coach-michigan-wolverines
Les Miles is ruled out. Please get Harbaugh or we are fucked!

why is this?

Who ruled Miles out?

EDIT: Espnsucks is reporting, but wouldn't be quoted on saying anything. Just he made is known he wasn't taking the job/hasn't been contacted. Its a bunch of shit that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Mgoblog reported that the Harbaugh deal just needs to dot I's and Cross T's and barring a change of heart its a done deal. Still its all wait and see.

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12034766/les-miles-says-leave-lsu-tigers-coach-michigan-wolverines

why is this?

Who ruled Miles out?

EDIT: Espnsucks is reporting, but wouldn't be quoted on saying anything. Just he made is known he wasn't taking the job/hasn't been contacted. Its a bunch of shit that doesn't mean anything anyway.

Mgoblog reported that the Harbaugh deal just needs to dot I's and Cross T's and barring a change of heart its a done deal. Still its all wait and see.

I think with him saying this means someone else has the job.

Still contend that if Miles was offered the job today he'd be on the next flight out. It's all just a bunch of speculation right now.

Last edited:
Crossed fingers. Not sure of the news source, but it certainly sounds good.

Is the Detroit Sports Rags saying they're validating this independently? (I guess they're saying they are) 'cause this didn't come from MGoBlog. It came from some random poster on "TheVictors" which is some boards2go message board and they took it down shortly after it appeared.

...and with regards to the whole, Harbaugh just needs to dot the i's? The next line was "None of it is from a source I would consider rock solid, and all of it comes with an ominous "barring a last second change of heart" disclaimer. Please remain calm."

Last edited:
Comment board on MGoBlog is going a little bonkers though.

If it is the whole "band getting together" tweet they're talking about, the original post included "We're on a mission from Bo."

Last edited:
Comment board on MGoBlog is going a little bonkers though.

If it is the whole "band getting together" tweet they're talking about, the original post included "We're on a mission from Bo."

I'm so mad at you. I have my last final tomorrow but now I can't peel myself away from mgoblog despite reading the same regurgitated nonsense over and over again. It's like the tabloid/reality TV form of sports consumption.

Ahhhhh.

There's some small part of me that thinks I wake up to a phone call tomorrow with someone telling me "Jim Harbaugh's coach, turn on ESPN!"

I mean, it's not going to happen. But some small part of me feels that way and it's driving me nuts.

Back