Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Unofficial Outback Bowl thread

It was an exciting game to watch.

Right up until it was a loss.

I've already seen my fill of exciting, "instant classic" losses.

Don't blitz and give them all day to pick them apart? If they can't cover for 3 seconds what makes you think they can cover for 7? Derrrrp

ya....even when they rushed 2 and dropped 9 in coverage we got smoked deep lmao.....just not a very good day for the defense.

ya....even when they rushed 2 and dropped 9 in coverage we got smoked deep lmao.....just not a very good day for the defense.

82 to 53...37:59 to 22:01... And Michigan blows another blow game... Safeties beat yet again but lets not help the walk on idiot..

Oh but we lost to such good competition.. Typical loser mentality.. Nice work dig-ster... You must like losing....

Bob I get what your saying but we really had the kind of year most of us understood was gonna happen. Last year we had a better line of both sides of the ball but they were seniors. We didnt have depth behind them and Hoke really had to piece together much of this team with what he had. Its not liking losing its understanding the circumstances surrounding the team. I would have loved to win every game but common sense told me we werent good enough. We will get there. We can not fix this team in a year with all the weak spots it had. We played a ton of Freshman this year against one of the toughest schedules in college football.

Bob I get what your saying but we really had the kind of year most of us understood was gonna happen. Last year we had a better line of both sides of the ball but they were seniors. We didn't have depth behind them and Hoke really had to piece together much of this team with what he had. Its not liking losing its understanding the circumstances surrounding the team. I would have loved to win every game but common sense told me we weren't good enough. We will get there. We can not fix this team in a year with all the weak spots it had. We played a ton of Freshman this year against one of the toughest schedules in college football.

To me those are excuses.We should have won this game with all the plays and time we had the ball ..But I respect your opinion.. Players needed to be coached up and I just did not see much of that this year like last year's 11-2 season.. The team did not have a back-up ready when DR went down in the Nebraska game that was any good. We have all had problems with the play calling of Borges and the defense just is not good enough.. Everyone is say oh if we stayed back our guys may have been picked apart but I just don't think the blitzes were working that well today.. Early on we knew Kovacs and others needed help and Greg should have gave it to them.. WE ALL KNEW THAT SC HAD A BAD KICKING GAME BUT WE LET A TD BEATS US ON A LONG THROW IN THE END. You play two deep safeties and don't let anyone get behind you.. We know he was going to take a shot.. They did and we got burned yet again...Not even a chance to block another kick...

Frustrating way to end the season in a game we had won. Hoke better get that line fixed...
overall Coaching was a C- at best this year...

Last edited:
Oh but we lost to such good competition.. Typical loser mentality.. Nice work dig-ster... You must like losing....

I don't like losing but I know better than to raise hell about things the coaches can't help.

I'll get off your lawn now.

I don't have a tremendous amount of confidence in devin Gardner's whe he drops back to pass. With that being said, how many picks would Denard have thrown today? I'm guessing at least 3.

I didn't like the way DG seemed to be just throwing up the long passes, similar to the way Denard use to. Who is our QB coach?

given the time of possession, yes, we should have won this game.

I'd even go so far as to say Lloyd Carr would've won it. no way we go for it on 4th there from our own side of the 50. that was dumb, and it lead to easy points for SC... in a game where easy points were going to be fatal.

also, I agree with Bam we should've just kicked the XPs in those circumstances. when it's not too late in the game, a few additional points can matter a lot. once you go for two, you have to do it every time. in the end, it may not have mattered here, since SC scored a TD to win it, but who knows? maybe we would've had an easier time keeping them out of the end zone if they were just playing for a FG to tie.

bad coaching decisions either way.

and Gardner missed a couple easy first downs. that hurt.

Spurrier is just a little more experienced at this than Hoke, I think.

next year, with Gardner at QB and no more gimmicky-shit playcalls, this will be all be a distant memory. I just hope to god they don't get us into a Brady-Henson situation with Shane Morris even when dumbasses like M&B claim they want to see what he can do.

given the time of possession, yes, we should have won this game.

I'd even go so far as to say Lloyd Carr would've won it. no way we go for it on 4th there from our own side of the 50. that was dumb, and it lead to easy points for SC... in a game where easy points were going to be fatal.

also, I agree with Bam we should've just kicked the XPs in those circumstances. when it's not too late in the game, a few additional points can matter a lot. once you go for two, you have to do it every time. in the end, it may not have mattered here, since SC scored a TD to win it, but who knows? maybe we would've had an easier time keeping them out of the end zone if they were just playing for a FG to tie.

bad coaching decisions either way.

and Gardner missed a couple easy first downs. that hurt.

Spurrier is just a little more experienced at this than Hoke, I think.

next year, with Gardner at QB and no more gimmicky-shit playcalls, this will be all be a distant memory. I just hope to god they don't get us into a Brady-Henson situation with Shane Morris even when dumbasses like M&B claim they want to see what he can do.

Yeah, I want to see Gardner and just Gardner. Let Shane redshirt or play garbage time if they don't want to let him redshirt. Of course, if something were to happen to Gardner, then burn Shane's redshirt and bring him out. I have zero confidence in Bellomy.

I have no problem with the 2nd 2point conversion attempt. Probably should've went for 1 before that, though. If you're going to go for 2 twice, you better make it once. Its not a 50/50 proposition, though. Some coaches just really know how to get those 2 points and we haven't seen that from this staff. There are plays that are better than others to use there and I wasn't impressed with either play call for the 2 pt conversions given the personnel.

so I just talked to an MSU fan (i know, stupid) and he said that Lewan had a horrible day...what???

then others are saying the ol "We won our bowl game and you didn't, so we're bettah!!"

wtf?!?!

so I just talked to an MSU fan (i know, stupid) and he said that Lewan had a horrible day...what???

then others are saying the ol "We won our bowl game and you didn't, so we're bettah!!"

wtf?!?!

Ha! Don't bother talking to them. Michigan will beat them again next year in EL and maybe that will shut em up. If not, then maybe after Michigan beats them again in 2014... Dumb lil brother.

Yeah, go find 10 random people and ask which Bowl game MSU played in .... then ask if they know (or care about) the outcome. Then ask which Bowl Michigan played in.

Ha! Don't bother talking to them. Michigan will beat them again next year in EL and maybe that will shut em up. If not, then maybe after Michigan beats them again in 2014... Dumb lil brother.

Michigan could win the next 15 in a row and they won't shut up. Lil Brother being Lil Brother.

And saying Lewan was anything but extremely solid against the best defensive plaer in CFB, well .....that's just being an ignorant jackass.

I think UM was stout on both lines. They moved the ball. Devin wasn't real sharp, but he was serviceable. UM played well, and well enough to win, except in the secondary. I think this game was lost Labor Day weekend when Blake Countess went down, and then the JT Floyd suspension was the nail in the coffin. When Shaw went out, I had a sinking feeling, because that backup had killed us every time he was in, except for the series when they missed the FG.

Back