Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's ALDS Game Thread 2 Oct. 5

I'm a little confused on how our hitters can't catch up with a fastball in the low-mid 90's after seeing it for 6 innings.

Seems like yesterday they were all out in front of off speed all night and tonight everyone is late on fastballs, are they actually attempting to sit on off speed tonight or something..do they not recognize he's throwing lots of fastballs

Lousy adjusting tonight Lloyd just plain terrible,, getting pretty flat out embarrassing now

Last edited:
It's fucking pathetic that we have to create runs with a 100 million dollar offense. If I am DD, I'm looking for deals involving Prince this offseason. 3rd worst playoff hitter of all time.

There is no deal we can make involving Prince where we don't take it in the ass big time.

Also people seem to forget he's always been hot/cold every other year, way to early to hit the panic button on Prince.

Completely dominated by a 23 year old rookie making only his 11th ml start with nothing special throwing plenty of fastballs for us and we can't do shit, just the latest fine example of the best paper offense in the game.

Not upset just absolutely disgusted

vomit.gif

Last edited:
Question for greater baseball minds: If you know a batter is bunting, is it better to throw a fastball or a breaking ball?? As in, do either present a bigger problem for the batter??

A good bunter can handle either, and would say a curve is easier to get down since you're supposed to start your bat at the top of the strike zone and follow the ball down with your bat, thus reducing the chance for a pop up. High cheese probably is the toughest for average to below average hunters to successfully lay down.

There is no deal we can make involving Prince where we don't take it in the ass big time.

Also people seem to forget he's always been hot/cold every other year, way to early to hit the panic button on Prince.

I'm not panicking, I just believe having him for another 7 years will force this team into being all power.. which is really not working in postseason play. We need more speed.

Damn, nice...could still be a quick inning after all.

Completely dominated by a 23 year old rookie making only his 11th ml start with nothing special throwing plenty of fastballs for us and we can't do shit, just the latest fine example of the best paper offense in the game.

Not upset just absolutely disgusted

vomit.gif

seems like were looking at a lot of strikes. Then when we get a good count finally princess cant even hit it out of the infield or AJ whiffs a bunch of times.

Back