Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. a's Game 4 Thread Oct. 8

Justin Verlander has started 3 times in playoffs vs Oakland the last 2 years.
His numbers: 2-0, 23 IP, ER, 33 K, 0.39 ERA

since you really don't want his bat in the lineup why would you consider him in the OF?

For me....I want his bat in the line up. It's a must win game 5 and he's our fastest player, can get infield hits and he's the only guy who knows how to bunt.

I love the idea of Alex out of the lineup. I would just worry about JV's comfort level with V-Mart vs. Avila.

Alex is slumping like most guys on the team, but he's really the only guy who will take pitches. Even Miggy is swinging 3-0 all the time.

But that's the best offensive/defensive idea I can come up with, the alternative would be to sit Prince and have Vmart at 1B while Miggy is DH, but as much as he has struggles I don't think you can explain taking Princes bat out of the lineup in an elimination game vs. a RHP.

For me....I want his bat in the line up. It's a must win game 5 and he's our fastest player, can get infield hits and he's the only guy who knows how to bunt.

he can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. If he is a speedy guy and can bunt he can pinch hit when you need a bunt, pinch run or be a defensive replacement.

Ditto. I really can't believe we are talking about Peralta at SS.

Maybe Jhonny at 3rd, Iggy SS, Miggy DH, Vmart catching and let Alex sit.
I wouldn't complain about this lineup. Could also swap Iggy and Johnny too.

Nice to have options. Just don't think Leyland would go too far with the changes.

Back