Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 11

MI_Thumb said:
Thank god for defensive replacements.

I was thinking the same thing, Maggs lets it drop in, just doesn't take chances by sliding and catching anymore.

justinrose74 said:
I don't see how we hold on to win

The Tigers shut them out for two more innings, with the best pitcher in the game, and the best closer in the game.

That's how.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":dtznw8bj]Thank god for defensive replacements.

I was thinking the same thing, Maggs lets it drop in, just doesn't take chances by sliding and catching anymore.[/quote:dtznw8bj]

Can he still do that?

Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

JV is on pace for 270 IP which is pretty obscene considering the era, and the funny thing is we'll need every bit of it down the stretch..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Benoit warming up and Rod and mario saying JV is done for tonight,

Dickerson and Price assuming the same.

Tigers 8th inning,

Cabrera golfs a liner to center and the crumb dives and catches it,

Martinez strike call, sidearm inside, ball, slow grounder up the middle gives the shortstop time to field and throw Victor out,

Peralta takes outside, another from the side is low, strike call, ripped foul, called strike,

crap,

Tigers lead 4 - 3.

justinrose74 said:
Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Yeah but that is going to help the Indians
grin.png

justinrose74 said:

Cigar Jobu? I will hit homerun off a curve for cigar.

amajjd said:
justinrose74 said:

grin.png

Oh yeah, shit. Doesn't Miggy pray to Jobu?

tigers99888 said:
JV is on pace for 270 IP which is pretty obscene considering the era, and the funny thing is we'll need every bit of it down the stretch..

There was a thread about this on MTS a few days ago, JV could potentially reach 300 IP this year with the postseason.

And the thing is, I'm not worried one bit about that causing an injury, or really having any affect on him next season at all.

justinrose74 said:
amajjd said:
Oh yeah, shit. Doesn't Miggy pray to Jobu?

grin.png

I just thought about this though. That actor now does Allstate ins commercials and they are at progressive field so maybe it will reverse the karma

Back