Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 11

pretty much over waiting for Ordonez to be able to hit again. Platoon frikken Dirks and RR in RF for all i care.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I'm not watching the game; following it on GameTracker - does Verlander seem to have dominating stuff, and just made a mistake in one inning like he sometimes does even when he's on his game - or does he seem to be just a little bit off his best game?

Gameday shows he is a bit all over with his pitches tonight, compared to what he normally does.

Still fooling them though.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Nope...Sorry to see a great player who has lost it at the plate..

I agree, I think he retires in the offseason.

Muddy gets on base... :)

..but Maggs doesn't...
tongue.png

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]I'm not watching the game; following it on GameTracker - does Verlander seem to have dominating stuff, and just made a mistake in one inning like he sometimes does even when he's on his game - or does he seem to be just a little bit off his best game?

He gave up back to back walks and then threw a curve ball that caught the heart of the plate and A Cabrera got a double and two rbi.

I wouldn't say he has had his best stuff but his off day is a good day for most pitchers

[color=#551A8B said:

well only 3 hits, the walks hurt for sure. marson stepped out during a windup and seemed to set that inning up for them, Verlander hasn't had the same k zone as carmona has especially the last inning.
Not real dominating, though some will say 9 k's, I just hope he and the bullpen can shut them down.

haha what's that CLOWN duncan whining about. right down broadway

sit down bum

Sit down Shelley.

Poor guy, I would have murdered my parents if they had named me Shelley.

Duncan doesn't get to argue that call. Get the bat off your shoulder even though that pitch is unhittable

Verlander 7th inning, Kelly in right,

ultimategoonduncan called out on strikes, well gameday says they were all strikes,

Verlander with another 10 strikeout game, more to follow please,

chisenhall flys to Kelly in right,

ffmarson fastball strike call, changeup inside corner strike call, curve in the dirt Avila gets it in the ribs, shallow liner to right and Kelly races in and has it,

Verlander with 109 pitches,

Tigers lead 4 - 3.

Novena candles for some Tigers runs.

Back