Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles Game Thread August 12

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Wasted 10 Million in my opinion... I hope DD uses the money to get faster next season..
I said this from Day 1 and people blasted me... Now look who's right?

TigerMud said:
and only 1 thanks to stupid base running and slow old guys

They have to get younger in right at second,

Maggs has to go, and Carlos should too.
spend the money on younger players through FA or a trade.
This station to station carrying a piano on their backs has gotten way older than they are.

Leave penny in for the 6th. LOL. but then again they got coke warming up so what's the difference right.

Coke coming in now

Coke relieves Penny...

Out of the fire and into....the fire?

tigers99888 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]

Wasted 10 Million in my opinion... I hope DD uses the money to get faster next season..
I said this from Day 1 and people blasted me... Not look who's right?

Yeah i had it on the old Tiger board a month back and everyone ripped me too. You were a little ahead of me though... He really has lost everything.. It is stupid to bat him third hoping he will find himself.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
mjsb2 said:
How the hell do you get thrown out by a few feet on that play?

My god Maggs, that's fucking embarrassing.

Well I agree but it's hindsight.

Very few people would have guessed a career .300 hitter would fall off this far, if he was hitting close to .300 we would care much less about his defense.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
tycobb420 said:
There's a tear in my beer right now

A line/lyric from one of the few country songs I know.

When Kenny Rogers was here, I'd play "The Gambler" before his starts.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="biggunsbob":60vu7ttu]

Very few people would have guessed a career .300 hitter would fall off this far, if he was hitting close to .300 we would care much less about his defense.[/quote:60vu7ttu]

Broken ankle...Seem like the Tigers just had experience with this with Sizemore. It is so hard to move on from players sometimes...

Penny has only gone 7 innings three times in last 13 starts, dating back to 3-0 shutout Win on May 14.
Penny's also gone less than six innings five times in that stretch, including tonight.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":qxctzb3a]

Very few people would have guessed a career .300 hitter would fall off this far, if he was hitting close to .300 we would care much less about his defense.

Broken ankle...Seem like the Tigers just had experience with this with Sizemore. It is so hard to move on from players sometimes...[/quote:qxctzb3a]

Sometimes, guys lose it all at once. That is the risk you take signing guys over 35 in the non-steroid era

Back